• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roll Tide

I believe I wrote that insurance covers them free of cost. By your logic, If you had NC Blue Cross then I'd be chipping in for your ED pills...

If I needed them, I would pay for them myself, and not expect you to pay for them.

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

I get that we need insurance. I just don't think we need it to cover the basics.

Hang on. Are we having some semblance of moderate discourse?

Yes to Birth Control and sex Ed. Yes to Abortions....but the right wants to restrict/do away with abortions. Remember Tibs, "they are ripping babies out of the womb".

Do I think they are alive, yup. Do I care, nope. We would be better off with less fetuses that turn into people, and less people overall, especially if the people we have pay their bills and their taxes and contribute to the tax base, rather than take away from it.

More discourse, GO!

I am pro choice but totally against the government interfering or PAYING for it. If both sides would stop fighting about abortion and start trying to fix the underlying cause we would be happier. I agree that way to many people are having kids they shouldn't but killing those babies is not the moral answer. Many would not like my solution and it certainly would face serious constitutional issues and that is to reversibly sterilize those who are on welfare or medicaid or disability. Prove you can afford a kid and can pay your own way then fine. Also convicted felons of the violent variety. I don't want to be China but we really need to discourage people from having kids who shouldn't but also encourage those that can afford to raise and invest their time into having more kids.

I am pro choice but totally against the government interfering or PAYING for it. If both sides would stop fighting about abortion and start trying to fix the underlying cause we would be happier. I agree that way to many people are having kids they shouldn't but killing those babies is not the moral answer. Many would not like my solution and it certainly would face serious constitutional issues and that is to reversibly sterilize those who are on welfare or medicaid or disability. Prove you can afford a kid and can pay your own way then fine. Also convicted felons of the violent variety. I don't want to be China but we really need to discourage people from having kids who shouldn't but also encourage those that can afford to raise and invest their time into having more kids.

Would a liberal say "I like your idea"? You guys still think I'm a liberal?

Hammy, you and I both chip in. My point stands. We chip in and mutually benefit from the collective pooled money.

Look, people abusing the system chaps my *** too, like I said, as a former social worker I've seen it first hand. But I'll never support an agenda that doesn't support equal rights for all Americans and one who tries to restrict a woman's right to choose. We truly need more centrist candidates, or more parties.

In the end, I just feel bad for all the MAGA folks who are blind to the real agenda (MAKE TRUMP RICHER). I mean, he already admitted he doesn't pay taxes...and people celebrated that! a fat rich **** who blatantly avoids taxes, while you and I grind for it every day, and we pay our share...

Last edited:
Wrong, everybody does not chip in. 60% pay everything , while the other 40% mooch off of the handouts from the government. If you have more than one kid you can't pay for start spaying and neutering them.

If you can't afford birth control pills or any other contraception that isn't surgical, then don't have sex. Plain and simple. Get a job that pays enough for you to afford them. Rely on yourself, not others.

hahaha

Roll Tide!

Jones promises he will consider voting Republican in the Senate

Sen.-elect Doug Jones (D-Ala.) on Sunday said he will “of course” consider voting with Republicans on certain issues once he is sworn in to the upper chamber. He also pledged to look for areas where he can work across the aisle.

“Of course I do,” Jones told CNN’s “State of the Union” when asked if he will have to weigh voting with Republicans due to his state Alabama’s strong Republican base.

“I’m going to talk to people on both sides of the aisle, try to figure out what I think is in the best interest of my state and in the country,” Jones told Jake Tapper. But the Alabama Democrat said he should not be expected to vote with either party uniformly.

“Now, don’t expect me to vote solidly for Republicans or Democrats,” he said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/365308-jones-of-course-i-need-to-consider-voting-with-republicans

Of course he will. He wants to keep his seat. Liberals believe in whatever will get them elected. They have no real principles.

Wrong, everybody does not chip in. 60% pay everything , while the other 40% mooch off of the handouts from the government. If you have more than one kid you can't pay for start spaying and neutering them.

Well, that's not really true.

They still pitch in with consumption taxes, fees, fines and especially "sin" taxes. Christ, just think of the money the government gets back just in scratch off tickets and Mad Dog 20/20 bottles.

Well, that's not really true.

They still pitch in with consumption taxes, fees, fines and especially "sin" taxes. Christ, just think of the money the government gets back just in scratch off tickets and Mad Dog 20/20 bottles.

Yeah but those sin taxes still come from a handout from the government, it's not like there out working. Spitting out welfare babies isn't a job.