• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roster Cuts around the league

Keep reading my post(s).

From the movie Gladiator "we are all entertainers" "do I not entertain"

Salute the nation
You ever play the board game Gladiator?
Like 1-1 chess on crack
Used to love that game

Only better when playing after eating some BLTs first thing in the morning knowing you’re just gonna junk out and waste the day

You seem a little ruffled with this. Yet the fans who ruffle Lloyds feathers aren’t. Your main angle is we can ignore him. But that angle isn’t different for you. You can ignore the posters who get on Lloyd for being the constant tool that he is. Really that simple.

Weird the things that do and don’t bother you.
Lol....nope. I really could careless. I knew someone would bring up this angle but you would be wrong. Do I get tired of a handful of posters taking over a thread bashing on Lloyd? Sure.

In the end I just skip over everything. I just thought it was odd when steelman flipped on Lloyd for commenting on his post.....and Lloyds post was all football related.

we have Jones behind Moore at LT. why would you want to move Benton to the other side of the line anyway?
youre the one proposing we are trading a starting Tackle off when our right tackle is long in the tooth.

I asked the question,,, because i cant see trading off Larry. THUS i tried to understand who you are talking about genius.

Bet there is a lot of posters hoping they fail the test.😅

Some say I’m a slow learner, but for this test, I was one of the first………………….:boink:

Salute the nation

youre the one proposing we are trading a starting Tackle off when our right tackle is long in the tooth.

I asked the question,,, because i cant see trading off Larry. THUS i tried to understand who you are talking about genius.
and again, you want to move Benton - a DT - to the other side of the line at a position he's likely never played before. that, ma'am, is retarded.

With the glut we have on the DL, and even @Coryea will back this up, we only play 2 down linemen most of the time. Which leaves 6 dudes standing around for most of the defensive snaps. Aside from all that, Ogunjobi isnt exactly a spring chicken himself. The man is 30, and is under contract for two more seasons. I've already said I wouldnt want to trade him - and I'll say it again - I don't want to trade him - but he's got experience fitting his contract and could bring about a nice little return... IF traded.

or we could move him to QB since he knows how to get into the pocket.

and again, you want to move Benton - a DT - to the other side of the line at a position he's likely never played before. that, ma'am, is retarded.

With the glut we have on the DL, and even @Coryea will back this up, we only play 2 down linemen most of the time. Which leaves 6 dudes standing around for most of the defensive snaps. Aside from all that, Ogunjobi isnt exactly a spring chicken himself. The man is 30, and is under contract for two more seasons. I've already said I wouldnt want to trade him - and I'll say it again - I don't want to trade him - but he's got experience fitting his contract and could bring about a nice little return... IF traded.

"Most of the time" = over 50% of the time. Is that the real #? I've heard other state this, but I wonder if it's the real #. Is it true we spend downs 1-3 with over 50% of the time with only 2 downlinemen? Is that an actual true statement?

"Most of the time" = over 50% of the time. Is that the real #? I've heard other state this, but I wonder if it's the real #. Is it true we spend downs 1-3 with over 50% of the time with only 2 downlinemen? Is that an actual true statement?
you must be new

hey death monkey.. YOU suggested it,, who are you suggesting we are trading,, and if its larry,,, who are you replacing him with?

hey death monkey.. YOU suggested it,, who are you suggesting we are trading,, and if its larry,,, who are you replacing him with?
any combo of Leal, Loudermilk, Lowry, Lee or even Adams.
and, again, i said i dont want to trade him. let your skirt down.

any combo of Leal, Loudermilk, Lowry, Lee or even Adams.
and, again, i said i dont want to trade him. let your skirt down.
I don’t think any of the players listed would be an upgrade or even a lateral move. If they trade him in the offseason and bring in a younger version fine. But I have a feeling they will be addressing Cam’s replacement at that time.

you must be new.
So "most of the time" does not equal "over 50% of the time" here? Is that the new standard I don't know about? I will have to watch next game to see if we really only play 2 down linemen less than half the time. If so, we aren't playing a 3-4, we are playing a 2-4?

So "most of the time" does not equal "over 50% of the time" here? Is that the new standard I don't know about? I will have to watch next game to see if we really only play 2 down linemen less than half the time. If so, we aren't playing a 3-4, we are playing a 2-4?
you must be new.