• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

Yeah slash, I haven't read this whole thread. But I understand the delivery oft times ruins the message
Let me sum it up for you.

It's February, 2026, the Steelers win their first playoff game in 9 years and Kenny Pickett leads them to a Super Bowl win over the Detroit Lions.

Or

The Steelers have once again used their first round pick on a QB, as they have done the last 3 years. Reportedly they are trying to lure Mason Rudolph off the
Edmonton Elks practice squad.

Let me sum it up for you.

It's February, 2026, the Steelers win their first playoff game in 9 years and Kenny Pickett leads them to a Super Bowl win over the Detroit Lions.

Or

The Steelers have once again used their first round pick on a QB, as they have done the last 3 years. Reportedly they are trying to lure Mason Rudolph off the
Edmonton Elks practice squad.

Edmonton had him listed as “Inactive”

Salute the nation

I don't think two seasons as a starter with the third being the key year is being generous. That's the timeline for QBs to break out. Now if he goes out there and looks like Zach Wilson does in year two, then I think you have to consider moving on. If he looks like Mac Jones or Jalen Hurts in year two, you are still in wait and see mode. Maybe he starts to look more like Trevor Lawrence, then you have something good moving forward.
Well, Mason Rudolph only got 10 games. So 40+ is generous.

"only" ten games. Poor Wudy never got to play in any reindeer games.

Local Pittsburgh sportscaster predicts neither Rudy or Mitch will be on the squad next season. Enter Zach Wilson.

My guess would be a Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton type vet plus a late round or UDFA we can stash on the PS.

Yeah but the difference is the Eagles isn't a franchise that harbors and tolerates inept and ineffective coaching because of the color of their skin. And let's face it, Colbert was over-rated and Omar Khan is arguably worse.

For us to improve at this point, it would literally take a complete and total overhaul of the entire franchise. Does Rooney seem like the kind of guy who is going to let that happen? Nope .. let's continue being cheap ***** who promote complete and total idiots.
You think the only reason the Steelers keep Canada and Smith is because they have white skin?

Don't worry, bud. Your nephew will get a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere else next year. And wherever that is, he'll most likely settle into the career backup role he's carved out for himself. After all, $4-5 million a year to carry a clipboard and never get hit is a pretty good gig.

Rudolph is in the running for the Cliff Stoudt Hall of Fame.