• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

I understand slash. But at least it's good debate. Maybe some dont think it's worth while debating this, but look around,, We arent talking too much about specific players.
i think we have talked it all out..

Then we get... Tomlin sucks.

I understand slash. But at least it's good debate. Maybe some don't think it's worth while debating this, but look around,, We arent talking too much about specific players.
i think we have talked it all out..

Then we get... Tomlin sucks.
Thing with Rudy is he has always played pretty good in preseason. But in games he struggled one too many times in the red zone threading that needle. He is deep throw capable, but the lack of mobility did him no favors either. I think in the right situation he could be a starter. Not a high end starter but capable of moving the ball. But he has to be on a team that has a damn good O-Line. That limits his deficiencies. Maybe the 49ers.

**** even if he is a career backup there is no shame in that. Still good achievements just on a slightly different scale.

Thing with Rudy is he has always played pretty good in preseason. But in games he struggled one too many times in the red zone threading that needle. He is deep throw capable, but the lack of mobility did him no favors either. I think in the right situation he could be a starter. Not a high end starter but capable of moving the ball. But he has to be on a team that has a damn good O-Line. That limits his deficiencies. Maybe the 49ers.

**** even if he is a career backup there is no shame in that. Still good achievements just on a slightly different scale.
Thing with Pickett is he has always played pretty good in preseason. But in games he struggled one too many times in the red zone threading that needle. He is deep throw capable, but the lack durability did him no favors either. I think in the right situation he could be a starter. Not a high end starter but capable of moving the ball. But he has to be on a team that has a damn good O-line that limits his deficiencies…still makes sense changing only a name and one word

Also explains a little bit of why he looked as he has

Your so pretty!
200w.gif

Thing with Pickett is he has always played pretty good in preseason. But in games he struggled one too many times in the red zone threading that needle. He is deep throw capable, but the lack durability did him no favors either. I think in the right situation he could be a starter. Not a high end starter but capable of moving the ball. But he has to be on a team that has a damn good O-line that limits his deficiencies…still makes sense changing only a name and one word

Also explains a little bit of why he looked as he has
I am not saying Pickett couldn't be the next Aaron Rodgers. I mean it is too soon to tell. But each week he struggles does lower than chance little by little. Right now I would take Kirk Cousins ceiling if it was offered. Not a bad QB. Win some games and get into the playoffs now and again. If you put the right team around him you might win it all.

I am not saying Pickett couldn't be the next Aaron Rodgers. I mean it is too soon to tell. But each week he struggles does lower than chance little by little. Right now I would take Kirk Cousins ceiling if it was offered. Not a bad QB. Win some games and get into the playoffs now and again. If you put the right team around him you might win it all.
Wasn't Cousins/Carr about Pickett's upside from the start? No one thought the Steelers were drafting a future Hall of Famer. There really isn't much I'll take away from this year, particularly after watching the rookies from the past couple of years when just about all of them looked like busts. Year two is where you'll see struggles, but want to see some flashes and then year three is the make or break in terms of a second contract.

I’m saying that
No damn way KP is A Rodgers
If he breaks the Tannehill/Carr type of ceiling I’d be shocked

KP just like Rudy will be at MOST a mid grade-low end starter or solid backup

Hope I’m wrong, but not holding my breath either

I didn‘t see anything that says KP will be a BEN ROETHLISBERGER, but then I didn’t expect that either. I know the “team” difference from BEN to Kenny is night and day but you could tell BEN was something more than special. His arm strength / hand size (for pump fakes) / body type proves that.

That doesn’t mean Kenny won’t be a GREAT QB for our team. He will be given all the chances / players / coaching this team can muster. Let’s see where that will take us.

If Coaching is what “holds” him back then that is who to blame. If Us Fans can conclude due to offensive scheme, then that is on the coaching. If Kenny can’t over come the O”Canada factor than we will have wasted yet another QB in that scheme.

His ceiling is hard to determine just for the O’Canada effect yet alone his rookie development. I’d like to think he is a little bit better than Carr. Next year will tell the big story, unless O’Canada returns then all bets are off.

Salute the nation

It is not very likely he is the next Aaron Rodgers but you can't say unequivocally no. Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre to lead the Pack to a 6-10 record his first full time starter season. It really wasn't until he was 28 in 2011 that he went from being a Kirk Cousins type QB to an MVP type player. Now KP is a different scenario as he is already 24 and will already be 25 when camp starts next year. So having that type of experience in College imo means he really needs to come into his own within 3 years. And I think I am being generous giving him the 40+ starts he will have by the end of the 2024 season to show us what he can do. He could be Carr/Tannehill/Cousins and if so I think that isn't bad and we would at least not gotten a bust at #20. My biggest concern is getting a Mark Sanchez or Bake Bortles. Shows enough upside to hang around a year or two too long when we should be moving on with someone new.

Wasn't Cousins/Carr about Pickett's upside from the start? No one thought the Steelers were drafting a future Hall of Famer. There really isn't much I'll take away from this year, particularly after watching the rookies from the past couple of years when just about all of them looked like busts. Year two is where you'll see struggles, but want to see some flashes and then year three is the make or break in terms of a second contract.
Pretty much. I didn't see anyone saying he was more than that outside of people generally just not knowing what is there until they see it unfold.

I didn‘t see anything that says KP will be a BEN ROETHLISBERGER, but then I didn’t expect that either. I know the “team” difference from BEN to Kenny is night and day but you could tell BEN was something more than special. His arm strength / hand size (for pump fakes) / body type proves that.

That doesn’t mean Kenny won’t be a GREAT QB for our team. He will be given all the chances / players / coaching this team can muster. Let’s see where that will take us.

If Coaching is what “holds” him back then that is who to blame. If Us Fans can conclude due to offensive scheme, then that is on the coaching. If Kenny can’t over come the O”Canada factor than we will have wasted yet another QB in that scheme.

His ceiling is hard to determine just for the O’Canada effect yet alone his rookie development. I’d like to think he is a little bit better than Carr. Next year will tell the big story, unless O’Canada returns then all bets are off.

Salute the nation
OMG can you make anymore excuses for him already. If he succeeds it is because he overcame but if he fails it is because of O'Canada. How about this. If he succeeds it is because he worked hard and took his game to the next level. If he fails it is because he couldn't. Period.

It is not very likely he is the next Aaron Rodgers but you can't say unequivocally no. Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre to lead the Pack to a 6-10 record his first full time starter season. It really wasn't until he was 28 in 2011 that he went from being a Kirk Cousins type QB to an MVP type player. Now KP is a different scenario as he is already 24 and will already be 25 when camp starts next year. So having that type of experience in College imo means he really needs to come into his own within 3 years. And I think I am being generous giving him the 40+ starts he will have by the end of the 2024 season to show us what he can do. He could be Carr/Tannehill/Cousins and if so I think that isn't bad and we would at least not gotten a bust at #20. My biggest concern is getting a Mark Sanchez or Bake Bortles. Shows enough upside to hang around a year or two too long when we should be moving on with someone new.
I don't think two seasons as a starter with the third being the key year is being generous. That's the timeline for QBs to break out. Now if he goes out there and looks like Zach Wilson does in year two, then I think you have to consider moving on. If he looks like Mac Jones or Jalen Hurts in year two, you are still in wait and see mode. Maybe he starts to look more like Trevor Lawrence, then you have something good moving forward.

OMG can you make anymore excuses for him already. If he succeeds it is because he overcame but if he fails it is because of O'Canada. How about this. If he succeeds it is because he worked hard and took his game to the next level. If he fails it is because he couldn't. Period.
Yeah don't make excuses like you did for Rudy right? 😅

You and everyone else.
ok so what youre saying is,,,, the steelers need to build a great d, and a running game around kp,, for greater than 8-8-1 success....?
so hes trent dilfer .

I think rudolph has adequate mobility. He's not Kent Graham, and hes not Michael Vick.
My biggest issue , was him holding the ball for so long in the pocket. His arm and accuracy , never seemed a problem. He had fichtner and canada as OC. Rarely got snaps when ben was here. IDK if he is a great one in the works,, but hes far from a dumpster fire etc.

ok so what youre saying is,,,, the steelers need to build a great d, and a running game around kp,, for greater than 8-8-1 success....?
so hes trent dilfer .

I think rudolph has adequate mobility. He's not Kent Graham, and hes not Michael Vick.
My biggest issue , was him holding the ball for so long in the pocket. His arm and accuracy , never seemed a problem. He had fichtner and canada as OC. Rarely got snaps when ben was here. IDK if he is a great one in the works,, but hes far from a dumpster fire etc.

I don’t think many here think he’s a dumpster fire other than Ford putting or jumping words to that conclusion of people’s Posts. I’m in the middle but also am smart enough to know that Rudolf will not get the chance to show what he’s got, HERE.

There’s not a chance in HELL he is starting over Mitch or Kenny as Mason will be gone at season end. Injury is ONLY possibility.

Rudy will have to take his wears somewhere else and once he leaves here, I could care less as he is not a STEELERS player anymore. I hear something around the horn occasionally and take note but won’t aggressively monitor his progress elsewhere,

Salute the nation

The guy puts his opinion out there. If this is all you got, maybe you should just watch.
Ford is daily showing patterns very similar to cooch. Of how smart he is and how dumb everyone else is. Plus everyone is well versed on his opinion there is an over abundance of it in the thread. Over and over and over again. In the process trying to pass off a decent amount of it as factual. With plenty of extreme stances. Maybe people would respect his opinion more if he wasn't such a twatwaffle in his approach. Perhaps you are not seeing the forest through the trees. As some of cooch's opinions are ok but being an extreme tool he gets responded too in various ways. No different here. You share the guys opinion on some things I get it, but you get often in life what you give. Some will ignore his behavior and some won't. Really nothing more than that.

Last edited:

Salute the nation
Yeah, you could tell Ben was special right away
Miss him already

You know I can’t stand Canada either, but Canada doesn’t make the kid giddy in a clean pocket, miss open throws, throw into double coverage, etc
All rookie stuff he hopefully gets better at

Canada sure does call some ****** sequences tho and less than stellar route combos

Sadly I think he has room to get another contract from Shades if we keep unleashing hell

Yeah, you could tell Ben was special right away
Miss him already

You know I can’t stand Canada either, but Canada doesn’t make the kid giddy in a clean pocket, miss open throws, throw into double coverage, etc
All rookie stuff he hopefully gets better at

Canada sure does call some ****** sequences tho and less than stellar route combos

Sadly I think he has room to get another contract from Shades if we keep unleashing hell

Agreed.

Salute the nation

so hes trent dilfer .

Get him another HC and I think the team/organization does better....unfortunately Tomlin is tied to Pickett. So he is going nowhere in the near future. So you have that.

Get him another HC and I think the team/organization does better....unfortunately Tomlin is tied to Pickett. So he is going nowhere in the near future. So you have that.
But they could upgrade the OC to someone competent. It worked well for the Jags. We said it last year but nothing transpired. If you are going to keep a HC that strong suit isn't X and O's surround him with people that have that strong suit. You have two coordinators that need to be shown the door. Fail to do that and groundhog day will be alive and well.