• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

Steelers fans hatred for Rudolph is unreal. He sat on the sidelines for years with Ben as a backup., now the love affair over the Pitt QB more hatred for a QB that is a backup and has not even dressed. Maybe the hatred should go towards Johnson, Allen who have shown their lack of control and character.

Steelers fans hatred for Rudolph is unreal. He sat on the sidelines for years with Ben as a backup., now the love affair over the Pitt QB more hatred for a QB that is a backup and has not even dressed. Maybe the hatred should go towards Johnson, Allen who have shown their lack of control and character.
Not even dressed? are you forgetting the year that Ben was hurt? Mason has played in 17 games and started 10 of them. I mean jeez this has been beaten to death. The guy is a decent backup and that's what he is. The team has 4 years of watching him. The NFL has a seasons worth of film on him. If somebody wanted him for a starter he could have been had. If he was Starter material then a team even a dumb one wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round and sign a free agent.

And have you been on this board for longer than it took you to post this message? there's plenty of anger at Johnson. Personally I wish we had not signed him. He is extremely over rated in my opinion and a waste of the talent he does have due to his untimely drops, running backwards, giving up on plays if he isn't the focal point and attitude at times.

Face it the steelers are in a position we haven't been in for a long time. QB is questionable, coaching staff sucks and for the first time in modern history the fans aren't sure if the man named Rooney running the show is worth or even cares. All that being said that does not make Rudolph better and he is not going to magically become great all of sudden. The biggest mistake was keeping him the min they drafted KP and had Trubisky unless they thought they were not gonna dress KP for games. The whole thing is a cluster but the only guaranteed thing about all this is Mason is not the answer. He had his chances and did not impress. I will take him on a team all day for a backup but never for a starter.

Not even dressed? are you forgetting the year that Ben was hurt? Mason has played in 17 games and started 10 of them. I mean jeez this has been beaten to death. The guy is a decent backup and that's what he is. The team has 4 years of watching him. The NFL has a seasons worth of film on him. If somebody wanted him for a starter he could have been had. If he was Starter material then a team even a dumb one wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round and sign a free agent.
Yes, his second year when he was younger than Pickett and had better stats than Pickett. He had 8 games started in 2019 with 10 games played. We have already determined this. Also, there's a total of 384 pass attempts worth of film which is roughly half a season of film. And Rudolph hasn't ever been a free agent so we don't know what his free agent value will be. I don't think him giving the Steelers a hometown discount helped his cause for 2023 and he would have been better off going into last year as a free agent. And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett. I think they gave him a false sense of there being an open competition which there obviously wasn't. I think when he refuses to answer about the competition and corrects himself when he separates his love for his teammates for his love of the organization in speaks volumes about what we have become. I don't think we will pull any players to this organization with false pretenses anytime soon because we are not transparent anymore. This started with the handling of James Harrison and has now become overtly obvious.
And have you been on this board for longer than it took you to post this message? there's plenty of anger at Johnson. Personally I wish we had not signed him. He is extremely over rated in my opinion and a waste of the talent he does have due to his untimely drops, running backwards, giving up on plays if he isn't the focal point and attitude at times.
He has been a member longer than a year so maybe you shouldn't point fingers you FNG.

Face it the steelers are in a position we haven't been in for a long time. QB is questionable, coaching staff sucks and for the first time in modern history the fans aren't sure if the man named Rooney running the show is worth or even cares. All that being said that does not make Rudolph better and he is not going to magically become great all of sudden. The biggest mistake was keeping him the min they drafted KP and had Trubisky unless they thought they were not gonna dress KP for games. The whole thing is a cluster but the only guaranteed thing about all this is Mason is not the answer. He had his chances and did not impress. I will take him on a team all day for a backup but never for a starter.
With all that said you are still certain of Art and Mike's assessment of Rudolph? I am not saying Rudolph will become successful. I mean I would put the odds at 10%-15% chance he is a successful starting NFL QB. But I can't give KP much higher of a percentage of being successful either.

Yes, his second year when he was younger than Pickett and had better stats than Pickett. He had 8 games started in 2019 with 10 games played. We have already determined this. Also, there's a total of 384 pass attempts worth of film which is roughly half a season of film. And Rudolph hasn't ever been a free agent so we don't know what his free agent value will be. I don't think him giving the Steelers a hometown discount helped his cause for 2023 and he would have been better off going into last year as a free agent. And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett. I think they gave him a false sense of there being an open competition which there obviously wasn't. I think when he refuses to answer about the competition and corrects himself when he separates his love for his teammates for his love of the organization in speaks volumes about what we have become. I don't think we will pull any players to this organization with false pretenses anytime soon because we are not transparent anymore. This started with the handling of James Harrison and has now become overtly obvious.
Your so pretty!

"And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett. I think they gave him a false sense of there being an open competition which there obviously wasn't. I think when he refuses to answer about the competition and corrects himself when he separates his love for his teammates for his love of the organization in speaks volumes about what we have become. I don't think we will pull any players to this organization with false pretenses anytime soon because we are not transparent anymore. This started with the handling of James Harrison and has now become overtly obvious."

What a load of horse ****. Keep peddling this bullshit Patch. Because that is all it is. Speculative bullshit.

"And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett. I think they gave him a false sense of there being an open competition which there obviously wasn't. I think when he refuses to answer about the competition and corrects himself when he separates his love for his teammates for his love of the organization in speaks volumes about what we have become. I don't think we will pull any players to this organization with false pretenses anytime soon because we are not transparent anymore. This started with the handling of James Harrison and has now become overtly obvious."

What a load of horse ****. Keep peddling this bullshit Patch. Because that is all it is. Speculative bullshit.
I agree Slash, If Mason was not smart enough to realize he had no shot when a QB was drafted in the 1st and a former 1st rounder signed in free agency then he is not qualified to lead anything. That's about as clear of writing on the wall as their can be. And besides hes being paid millions can you see the worlds smallest violin i am playing for him. Just like i posted before the guy has played 17 games and started 10 of them. He had his chance to shine and prove what he is worth. Not to mention if he was all that and a bag of chips pretty sure we would have gotten a good offer for him and we would take it. There are a lot of things wrong with this team and the front office and coaching but how Mason has been handled is not one of them.

I agree Slash, If Mason was not smart enough to realize he had no shot when a QB was drafted in the 1st and a former 1st rounder signed in free agency then he is not qualified to lead anything. That's about as clear of writing on the wall as their can be. And besides hes being paid millions can you see the worlds smallest violin i am playing for him. Just like i posted before the guy has played 17 games and started 10 of them. He had his chance to shine and prove what he is worth. Not to mention if he was all that and a bag of chips pretty sure we would have gotten a good offer for him and we would take it. There are a lot of things wrong with this team and the front office and coaching but how Mason has been handled is not one of them.
Well, considering the two mentioned above has played like horse **** and a dumpster fire, maybe he saw this in camp and preseason and figured anyone that knew anything about football wouldn't put those two on the field.
Pickett has started 9 games with 10 being this Saturday. So unless he throws for 12 touchdowns Saturday you are about to call him a bust with no chance of NFL success. That is by your own logic of success.
Oh no, they've treated Mason so fairly. I keep reading all about it from the beat writers and how the team responds to questions about him. 🤡

Well, considering the two mentioned above has played like horse **** and a dumpster fire, maybe he saw this in camp and preseason and figured anyone that knew anything about football wouldn't put those two on the field.
Pickett has started 9 games with 10 being this Saturday. So unless he throws for 12 touchdowns Saturday you are about to call him a bust with no chance of NFL success. That is by your own logic of success.
Oh no, they've treated Mason so fairly. I keep reading all about it from the beat writers and how the team responds to questions about him. 🤡

Rudolf probably also realized he wasn't going to get paid anywhere as to what he is getting paid currently. He took the sure deal and kept his word/commitment, simple as that.

He couldn't beat out his competition, plain and simple.

We will see how many STARTING QB job offers he gets after the season.

Salute the nation

Your so pretty!

Hey dipshlt, Mitch has a passer rating of 81.1 with the Steelers this season, which is higher than your hero's career mark of 80.9. So by your own convoluted logic, Rudolph has played like horseshlt and been a dumpster fire over his entire body of play.

This is just too ******* easy. Any other bit of biased stupidity you'd care to add?

Here's the breakdown of the thread.

Side A the Rudolph haters and Pickett lovers:
  • Rudolph had had plenty of opportunity in his 10 starts
  • The future is Pickett and he needs more opportunity he's only had 9 starts

• Rudolph only has a career 80.69 QB rating with 16tds to 11ints he sucks
  • Pickett stats don't count because it is obvious he is a better QB than stats can see and if you can't see you are blind

• Rudolph was a wasted 3rd round pick and Colbert was a fool to draft him or even say he was rated as a first round graded player
  • We were so lucky that Pickett lasted to 20. I know no other QB went until pick #74 but it is obvious that the experts were wrong and KP was a steal

• Anyone that doesn't agree that there is a 100% chance that Rudolph doesn't succeed is an IDIOT!
  • Anyone that doesn't agree that there is a 100% chance that Pickett will succeed is an IDIOT!

Side B the non-Rudolph haters and non-Pickett lovers:
  • Rudolph didn't get a fair shot at being a starter and only had 10 starts. We gave up too early.
  • Pickett has only had 9 starts so it is too soon to tell what he will or won't be. We shouldn't give up too early.

• Rudolph has had some up and down games. Overall he has done ok when called upon.
  • Pickett has had some up and down games. His last few games he did ok so hopefully he can build off of that.

• Rudolph was only a third round pick in a deep QB draft that had 5 first round QB's including Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.
  • Kenny Pickett was drafted #20 and not another QB went off the board for 54 more picks. We reached.

• I don't know if Rudolph will be a starter elsewhere because he didn't have much of an opportunity here. I wish him the best of luck elsewhere.
  • I don't know if Pickett will be a starter for the Steelers because he hasn't had much of an opportunity here. I wish him the best of luck here.

A breakdown of your bias:

Trubisky 81.1 passer rating = "a dumpster fire"
Rudolph 80.9 passer rating = doing "ok"

Carry on.

• Pickett stats don't count because it is obvious he is a better QB than stats can see and if you can't see you are blind

• Rudolph was a wasted 3rd round pick and Colbert was a fool to draft him or even say he was rated as a first round graded player
  • We were so lucky that Pickett lasted to 20. I know no other QB went until pick #74 but it is obvious that the experts were wrong and KP was a steal

• Anyone that doesn't agree that there is a 100% chance that Rudolph doesn't succeed is an IDIOT!
  • Anyone that doesn't agree that there is a 100% chance that Pickett will succeed is an IDIOT!

• Rudolph didn't get a fair shot at being a starter and only had 10 starts. We gave up too early.
  • Pickett has only had 9 starts so it is too soon to tell what he will or won't be. We shouldn't give up too early.

• Rudolph has had some up and down games. Overall he has done ok when called upon.
  • Pickett has had some up and down games. His last few games he did ok so hopefully he can build off of that.

• Rudolph was only a third round pick in a deep QB draft that had 5 first round QB's including Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.
  • Kenny Pickett was drafted #20 and not another QB went off the board for 54 more picks. We reached.

• I don't know if Rudolph will be a starter elsewhere because he didn't have much of an opportunity here. I wish him the best of luck elsewhere.
  • I don't know if Pickett will be a starter for the Steelers because he hasn't had much of an opportunity here. I wish him the best of luck here.
Wow who is reading all this garbage?😅

Your so pretty!

Rudolf probably also realized he wasn't going to get paid anywhere as to what he is getting paid currently. He took the sure deal and kept his word/commitment, simple as that.

He couldn't beat out his competition, plain and simple.

We will see how many STARTING QB job offers he gets after the season.

Salute the nation
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^ The guy might have improved some, but at this point I think he knows he's not going to be Steve Young to Joe Montana on any team. Take the money, do your job by preparing, and be a good teammate. And he's doing just that, he knows the system just has some serious weaknesses in his game. I hope to see him at some point with this bunch before the season is over though, he might have improved some and putting that on tape might help him get on somewhere else if the Steelers choose to part ways. Seems like a good guy.

Don't confuse hatred with not thinking a player is very good, they aren't the same thing.

I did. I feel the same way. You can malign fairlane all day for his opinion. But this post isn't far off.
I don't think you would write a book about your opinion though. Then hang on every comment in a 30 page thread. An opinion is fine, the ignorance he attaches to being right is another story.

What I love about this is YOU’RE too stupid to know why this proves you are a nincompoop. 🤣
There it is... yet another you're so stupid comment. Black n Gold this is why the tool gets flack it isn't primarily opinion based. He is cooch smarter than everyone else.

LOL Blitz, i think the real problem in this thread is someone believes they found their Soulmate and they don't want to hear anything else about him.
Good analogy. I lost a close friend over this type of thing. She was dating a guy w/ warning signs all over the place that something wasnt right, but she wouldnt listen. We would just go round and round finally she just pretty much shut me out. We still talked, but it wasnt the same. I think they ended up breaking up, but I never asked outright and there is no way she would ever admit i was close to being right.