• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russell Wilson to miss 6-8 weeks.

Frosty

Reaction score

Adam Schefter

4mhtpaoe ·

Seattle Seahawks are bracing for quarterback Russell Wilson to miss six to eight weeks with a ruptured tendon in the middle finger of his right hand, sources tell ESPN's @jfowlerespn .
Wilson had surgery Friday.

sucks for them good for us
Disagree. Even without Wilson, Seattle is still the better team. The one way to attack their defense (down middle of the field), the Steelers dont do. Their defense will have little trouble shutting down Pittsburgh's offense

I could handle losing to Wilson and company.
Not sure I can say the same if Geno Smith beats us ............
It would be interesting to see how he'd do with a chance in a good environment. He was a great QB at WVU and had all the tools but I don't think NY was a good fit right out of the gate. Will be interesting to watch his progression and if he can get some traction in Seattle.

What happened to Wilson, did he slam it on a helmet? Sounds pretty damn painful.

Obviously I always wish the popcorn popper to be working as I would never want any team with out popcorn, the butter is a whole different encounter.

Salute the nation

You know everyone talks about old *** Aaron Rodgers but I’d be way more interested in signing Wilson when Roethlisberger retires.

It would be interesting to see how he'd do with a chance in a good environment. He was a great QB at WVU and had all the tools but I don't think NY was a good fit right out of the gate. Will be interesting to watch his progression and if he can get some traction in Seattle.

What happened to Wilson, did he slam it on a helmet? Sounds pretty damn painful.
I think his hand hit Darnold's arm which is probably as hard as a helmet.

You know everyone talks about old *** Aaron Rodgers but I’d be way more interested in signing Wilson when Roethlisberger retires.
I don’t think there is one person that would disagree with you.

That injury in not good for Wilson..

Ive always heard a bum finger on a QB's throwing hand is about as bad as a bum elbow for a pitcher..

I don’t think there is one person that would disagree with you.
AR is number one on my QB list of off-season wants. When AR retires sure then go pick up Wilson.😁

Disagree. Even without Wilson, Seattle is still the better team. The one way to attack their defense (down middle of the field), the Steelers dont do. Their defense will have little trouble shutting down Pittsburgh's offense
i would much much rather face geno over Russell. win or lose

and our chances have improved greatly. I would love to have Wilson in B&G, but don't like facing him. He's can make your defense look really bad. Add Metfalf, Lockett and Carson(when healthy) and that's a load on offense.

Geno Smith played well in relief of Wilson the other day. Yes I would agree that Seattle is a better environment than the NY Jets will ever be.

Like KStilley said Aaron Donald was the rock he ran into. Wilson was completing his follow through motion and his hand collided into Donalds forearm and elbow area while Donald was bringing it downward towards Wilson.

FBON3NBWEAEWj-x

Geno Smith played well in relief of Wilson the other day. Yes I would agree that Seattle is a better environment than the NY Jets will ever be.

Like KStilley said Aaron Donald was the rock he ran into. Wilson was completing his follow through motion and his hand collided into Donalds forearm and elbow area while Donald was bringing it downward towards Wilson.

FBON3NBWEAEWj-x
Ouch...Will be interesting to see how that heals up. That would suck for him if it was like Lambert's turf toe...Might be a tough injury to come back from for a QB but sports medicine/orthopedic surgery has come a long ways.

Ouch...Will be interesting to see how that heals up. That would suck for him if it was like Lambert's turf toe...Might be a tough injury to come back from for a QB but sports medicine/orthopedic surgery has come a long ways.
yes medicine has come a long way.....

using a hockey analogy ..... imagine Bobby Orr's knee with today's procedures as opposed to the constant trips to the local butcher shop
dude was operated on between 17 to 21 times... they should have just sewn a zipper on his knee to speed things up

BldOB9KW_400x400.jpeg