• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Schefter says it's a done deal.....

Not sure how I feel about the Wilson signing. Sure, he's better than Pickett, at least on paper. In that regard the offense and team as a whole should be improved. I just don't think he's the guy that wins the Steelers another championship. I guess looking like a professional football offense would be a step in the right direction. Playoff win would be a nice bonus.

Yeah, my feelings as well. Wilson makes the Steelers better. Wilson does not make the Steelers better than the Chiefs or the Ravens.

Not really, if Pickett can not beat out an over the hill, aged on his way out of the NFL QB, then 24 was a “break” year for KP.
Which qb performed the best on the Steelers roster last year? Where was he in the depth chart?

Which qb performed the best on the Steelers roster last year? Where was he in the depth chart?
You don’t play 2024 season with 2023 players. 2023 is OVER.

2024 Steelers have ONE QB on the roster. They are adding another, and will probably add 2 more before training camp.

Just told the wife that we're getting Russell Wilson for next season...

she says "Rumpelstiltskin? The chiefs got Swift but we got Ciara!". lmao...**** my wife says.
Yeah, we lose in that comparison

Wilson is old not washed up. He will get them to playoffs. Wild card round again. I doubt further. The hope would be that Kenny would do same and trend upward. We won't see that and they will need to take first round QB in 2025. Or do another bridge.
Depends on what the run game looks like. Wilson can scoot himself and is not afraid to take on D players. Arthur Smith is giddy right now. Play action with Wilson's cannon...get outta heeerrrr.

2024 Steelers have ONE QB on the roster. They are adding another, and will probably add 2 more before training camp.
That's not the point. The point is it didn't matter what Rudolph did. Follow the money and draft. Same with this. Not gonna matter what Pickett does. Unless it's absolutely obvious. Wilson plays.

Wilson is on a vet minimum contract. so he's making a little less than Kenny. if we "follow the money" then Kenny is the QB.
yes, we'll likely draft a QB somewhere (Jordan Travis, please) and sign some FA cast off.

Do we know how Smith is with Wilson's diva attitude?
Yeah I'm not a Tomlin fan by any stretch, but I'm sure Mikey let him know that's not going to fly here. Dude is out to re make himself. I am not a Tomlin fan by any stretch and say what you want about Tomlin(I certainly have) but he's no fool when it comes to understanding a situation

Follow the money refered to Mitch and Rudolph and Mitch and Rudolph and Mitch and KP year before. What you can follow here is Wilson inked a deal and expects to start.

If that aint illegal....I don't know what is!

Rooney knows a sweetheart deal when he sees one lol
I can't imagine anyone earning the vet minimum is going to be a cancer...this is pretty much his chance to show what he has in hopes of a future deal.

He's getting paid around 39.2 million dollars total for the season. It's hardly vet minimum, it only appears that way on paper for the Steelers. Which is the craziest **** I've ever seen.

A team(Denver) eats a two year 85 million dollar dead money cap hit just to remove him and pay him 38 million to play for another team this season. This is after already giving up a bunch of draft picks just to get him.

I just look at that and go wtf.

Yeah I'm not a Tomlin fan by any stretch, but I'm sure Mikey let him know that's not going to fly here. Dude is out to re make himself. I am not a Tomlin fan by any stretch and say what you want about Tomlin(I certainly have) but he's no fool when it comes to understanding a situation
Disagree. Tomlin lets a lot of stuff fly. He’s just good at hiding it. See: Brown, Claypoo, Johnson and Pickens. If you’re productive, you can get away with almost anything. I mean he might take away the ping-pong table, but that’s about it.

Wilson is on a vet minimum contract. so he's making a little less than Kenny. if we "follow the money" then Kenny is the QB.
yes, we'll likely draft a QB somewhere (Jordan Travis, please) and sign some FA cast off.
Travis, Pratt, Rattler or Milton could all be viable mid-late round flyers for that cheap QB3 role…and in time I could see any of those 4 becoming better than what KP or Russ is

Not sure how I feel about the Wilson signing. Sure, he's better than Pickett, at least on paper. In that regard the offense and team as a whole should be improved. I just don't think he's the guy that wins the Steelers another championship. I guess looking like a professional football offense would be a step in the right direction. Playoff win would be a nice bonus.
This is where I'm at. Just wild to think about Wilson wearing a Steelers uniform.

Good signing. Kenny needs to be pushed. Costs the Steelers vet minimum.

This season could be monumental if we get that OL right...
Russell Wilson has played on a lot better Seahawks teams with way better coaches then what the Steelers will put on the field next year and that was his prime. If your idea of monumental is winning a playoff game....maybe? maybe?

Travis, Pratt, Rattler or Milton could all be viable mid-late round flyers for that cheap QB3 role…and in time I could see any of those 4 becoming better than what KP or Russ is
Pratt is literally a poor man's KP, lol ppl so ready to just dump Kenny just start throwing names out of the draft without any context to what type of player they are

That is definately a given. With Wilson being added, Rudy will NOT be (Never say never). KP8 will definitely have to earn that starting role but that too, is a good thing (If he can).

Pro or Con on the Wilson joining the team….. it’s a cheap no brained decision That makes us a better team. It also allows us to fill more needs as the “cap” situation is made better as well.

Salute the nation

Do we know how Smith is with Wilson's diva attitude?

ADD in the restraint of throwing over the middle. I thought I’d read that Russell is reluctant to throw over the middle.

Salute the nation