• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Schefter says it's a done deal.....

Update: Wilson makes the Steelers better, but not better than the Chiefs, Ravens or Texans, who just added Joe Mixon to CJ Stroud, Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Dalton Schultz and an improving OL.

He doesn't but what option would?

That is the problem. The only way to get a franchise QB is to draft him and build the team around him. That does require a 5-12 or 4-13 season or spending a lot of value for a high draft pick.

Just the way it is.

That is the problem. The only way to get a franchise QB is to draft him and build the team around him. That does require a 5-12 or 4-13 season or spending a lot of value for a high draft pick.

Just the way it is.
Probably---the best way....but not the only way.

One thing I think is for certain, and should all be able to agree on......is we didn't have one on our roster before Monday.

Update: Wilson makes the Steelers better, but not better than the Chiefs, Ravens or Texans, who just added Joe Mixon to CJ Stroud, Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Dalton Schultz and an improving OL.
On paper, you are right, but you just never know in the NFL. Who among us saw Houston being a playoff team last year? Not only a playoff team, but a legit team who creamed their 1st playoff opponent while they were at it (Browns). What is it? Half of the playoff teams from the year before will be replace with new teams in the playoffs the next year? So, if that trend holds, half the teams of Balt., Buff., KC., Hous., Mia., Pgh., and Cleve won't make the playoffs. So, 7 is an odd #, so 3-4 won't make it. My vote for which new teams will make it are the Chargers, Jags and Cinci. Who knows?

Just the way it is.
There are exceptions, of course.

Just the way it is.
Not all franchise QBs have been early picks. And there have probably been just as many busts as hits on franchise QBs with early picks.

I'm curious where you stand on Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff as franchise QBs? Myself I think they've both had struggles and both have had their moments. Each being dependent on the talent level of the rest of the team. Which is why I'm not sold on the "franchise QB" concept. Right now I'd say there's only one QB that gives his team a chance with subpar talent around him - Mahomes.

Hey we didnt spend 30/40M avg on a 35 years old QB, the Broncos did! And the falcons too! Hahahah. This was a once in a blue moon opportunity, if he doesn't pan out you just bench him and forget him, no harm

Not all franchise QBs have been early picks. And there have probably been just as many busts as hits on franchise QBs with early picks.

Yeah, Ryan Leaf & Jamarcus Russell vs. Tom Brady, Brock Purdy - I get it.

But look around at the best QB's in the NFL right now: Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Goff. Stafford, Stroud, Jackson (kinda). All were first round picks, most early 1st round. For every Brock Purdy, there are 50 Mason Rudolphs, Andy Daltons, and Desmond Ridders.

I'm curious where you stand on Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff as franchise QBs? Myself I think they've both had struggles and both have had their moments. Each being dependent on the talent level of the rest of the team. Which is why I'm not sold on the "franchise QB" concept. Right now I'd say there's only one QB that gives his team a chance with subpar talent around him - Mahomes.

Stafford was really good in Detroit and Goff took the Rams to the Super Bowl so I think you are underestimating them. They are franchise QB's because they are healthy, productive, can carry an offense, and have had great games in the playoffs, when it really counts.

There have been many more busts than hits. Just the way the draft is.