• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russell Wilson Traded to Denver

The full deal: #Broncos get: Russell Wilson and a fourth-rounder. #Seahawks get: 2 first-rounders and 2 second-rounders, a fifth-rounder, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant.

Insane Trade! If the Steelers would have made this trade, I'd have burned my Jersey
Spot on. Itā€™s not even like Den is a QB away from many wing SBs. I think RW is a great QB but what have you done for me lately. He has had amazing Def and running game when he was top of the league. Lately without that, ehh

Wilson is only 33 thoughā€¦ there is a difference betweea 38 or 39 year old and a 33 year old ā€˜s value

I assure you nobody was offering that haul for Aaron Rodgersā€¦ despite what the lackeys in the media were saying
I agree.

When Ben was at the height of his trade value there were character issues on the table. This would have been trading Ben 6 or 7 years ago. I don't know ifbyou would have gotten this much. Maybe, but we all thought we would squeeze out another SB. Hindsight. If we would have known what Tomlin would become.

When Ben was at the height of his trade value there were character issues on the table. This would have been trading Ben 6 or 7 years ago. I don't know ifbyou would have gotten this much. Maybe, but we all thought we would squeeze out another SB. Hindsight. If we would have known what Tomlin would become.
Hey i loved ben and I advocated swinging for the fences for a qb pretty much every year since he was 33ā€¦ at 33 bradshaws arm fell offā€¦ you cant totally expect all these guys to play into their 40ā€™sā€¦ have a backup plan and if they work out you can either trade your franchise guy or trade your backupā€¦

Spot on. Itā€™s not even like Den is a QB away from many wing SBs. I think RW is a great QB but what have you done for me lately. He has had amazing Def and running game when he was top of the league. Lately without that, ehh
Don't know what all Den needs to add, but they have $26M in cap and can create a **** ton more by converting salary to signing bonuses this year.

What is going on? Is it play stupid games and win stupid prizes day in the NFL? Rodgers robbed Green Bay blind and Paton and the Broncos got red hot pokered by the Seahawks.

Seattle will go for Willis with pick 9
Or they focus on filling their holes in this year's very deep draft. Suck it up for a year with Drew as their QB and have two first round picks as ammo if they need to move up to take one of the top QBs next year.

Well Denver does have A LOT of really strong genetically engineered weed. They must have hit that concentrated pure THC oil haaaaaard on that trade.

The full deal: #Broncos get: Russell Wilson and a fourth-rounder. #Seahawks get: 2 first-rounders and 2 second-rounders, a fifth-rounder, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant.

Insane Trade! If the Steelers would have made this trade, I'd have burned my Jersey
I would have burned Pittsburgh

I think Denver was just desperate for quality QB play. They went a long time between Elway and Manning, and have struggled big time replacing Manning. They panicked, but finally got a QB.

Don't know what all Den needs to add, but they have $26M in cap and can create a **** ton more by converting salary to signing bonuses this year.
Didnā€™t look at cap or draft picks. Just donā€™t think they a qb away. Weā€™ll see.

Or they focus on filling their holes in this year's very deep draft. Suck it up for a year with Drew as their QB and have two first round picks as ammo if they need to move up to take one of the top QBs next year.
That would be the smart thing to do. Agreed. Itā€™s what I hope we do.
Google Seattleā€™s last 10 first round picks. Itā€™s not pretty.

The Broncos gave up a ton, but Seattle has absolutely no chance to win next year and are now on the search for a new QB. Denver has quality offensive weapons and typically has a good defense. They're an instant contender in the AFC now. Say what you want about the return, Denver got by far the best player in this deal. Seattle needs to hit a home run on these draft picks because the players they gave up were nothing special.

Seattle will go for Willis with pick 9
Ideally they willā€¦ he fits the Russell Wilson mold in some ways but is very unlikely to have the same football brain that allowed Russ to succeed so wellā€¦

Whatever trims our chances of moving up for fools gold im a fan of

This.

I don't care about this year. Fix the OL and get in the top 10 next year...
Thatā€™s the thing berm. We need so much. I think Haden will be gone. Not that he was the answer anyway. Edmonds could be gone. Our Secondary is in huge disarray and has been for a while. They looked better than they were because of our pressure to the QB. Any good QB tore them apart. I love Pat........but not taking Creed last year was absolute stupidity. Many on here are looking at the center in round one. Itā€™s about frigging time we hit upon a stud CB in the draft. With speed. We lack team speed. The costs of stud CBā€™s in FA are humongous. We really need to draft a great one. We dang well better not trade up for.....or draft a QB.

Iā€™ve got no problem with a rebuilding phase. As long as we see the effort and a smart focused plan.

Oh and by the way. This hiring of a GM after the draft is bullshit. Get it done.

This could be a God send for the Steelers. Seattle sees Geno Smith as a short-term answer and will be looking for a QB...A mobile QB to lead that offense in this year's draft. With the #9 pick they could select Willis and disappoint MT and company. I don't think Seattle would go for Picket with his small hands and the in-climate weather in Seattle. Pickett won't make it past the Vikings so hopefully the Steelers don't reach and select Ridder in the first or mortgage the future to trade up before Minn or Seattle to grab a QB.

This could be a God send for the Steelers. Seattle sees Geno Smith as a short-term answer and will be looking for a QB...A mobile QB to lead that offense in this year's draft. With the #9 pick they could select Willis and disappoint MT and company. I don't think Seattle would go for Picket with his small hands and the in-climate weather in Seattle. Pickett won't make it past the Vikings so hopefully the Steelers don't reach and select Ridder in the first or mortgage the future to trade up before Minn or Seattle to grab a QB.
Don't forget you have the first QB they were rumored to have interest in Howell.

I keep thinking that of what Colbert was recently saying how he didn't want to leave without getting the Steelers a franchise.

I think they might reach for a QB in 1 and it very well could be Howell. As he fits Canada's mobile QB want. Tough and has a strong arm.

Everyone knows I want Oline, WR, or Dline, but they might be thinking different.

Yinz better hope they bring in a Winston or Jimmy G so they don't feel the need to reach.