• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russell Wilson Traded to Denver

Don't forget you have the first QB they were rumored to have interest in Howell.

I keep thinking that of what Colbert was recently saying how he didn't want to leave without getting the Steelers a franchise.

I think they might reach for a QB in 1 and it very well could be Howell. As he fits Canada's mobile QB want. Tough and has a strong arm.

Everyone knows I want Oline, WR, or Dline, but they might be thinking different.

Yinz better hope they bring in a Winston or Jimmy G so they don't feel the need to reach.
You may very well be right. I see Pickett going to Carolina, Willis going to Washington, and Corral heading to Minnesota. With Philly having three 1st round draft picks and not that much cap space I see them trading into the top 8 and it may push one of these teams beyond #20 and one of these guys may still be there. Either way, I really have a bad feeling that the Steelers are going to reach for a QB in round one.

You may very well be right. I see Pickett going to Carolina, Willis going to Washington, and Corral heading to Minnesota. With Philly having three 1st round draft picks and not that much cap space I see them trading into the top 8 and it may push one of these teams beyond #20 and one of these guys may still be there. Either way, I really have a bad feeling that the Steelers are going to reach for a QB in round one.

Hopefully, they don't mortgage the future to move up for someone like Willis or Corral. Would rather them move up for Davis or stand pat and hopefully Linderbaum falls in their lap at #20.

You know the one worry I have about davis is big men who are unnaturally fast often have early ankle issues.

Someone told me that in the early 90’s about eric green and its always stuck with me as something I’ve noticed through the years

Truly amazed by this board.

The AFC is going to a bloodbath of young, talented QB's, and you guys are excited that we won't have an opportunity to potentially draft or trade for one?

You guys keep saying "Build the OLINE!", yet Joe Burrow took a line even worse than ours to the SB?

Last edited:
Another issue with the "Build the Line" strategy is that it assumes we can get a higher pick next year. Which is already flawed considering we went >.500% with Mason/Duck, and with the shell of Ben Roethlisberger.

Also, even if we did get a rookie in 2023, now you are assuming you give him a year to adjust (no rookie is coming in lighting it up). So really, we are waiting until 2024 to put it together? How old will TJ and Cam be at that point??!

This aint the 80's- in today's game you need a top-10 QB and elite skilled players. That ground and and pound BS is for older gentleman who still think that Zumbaz's are appropriate.

The AFC is going to a bloodbath of young, talented QB's, and you guys are excited that we won't have an opportunity to potentially draft or trade for one?

You guys keep saying "Build the OLINE!", yet Joe Burrow took a line even worse than ours to the SB?
I don't know if they are worse than ours or not. If you throw Joe on the Steelers do you really think he would have put up the numbers or even close to the numbers he did in Cinci? I sure don't. He has an elite WR, a very good receiver in boyd, solid TE, RB etc etc...
As for Wilson i did not think he liked particularly good last year with metcalf and lockett. He will sure be an upgrade over what he had, but he will be under immense pressure and Denver gave up the farm. I just don't see Wilson making Denver an instant contender.

I don't know if they are worse than ours or not. If you throw Joe on the Steelers do you really think he would have put up the numbers or even close to the numbers he did in Cinci? I sure don't. He has an elite WR, a very good receiver in boyd, solid TE, RB etc etc...
As for Wilson i did not think he liked particularly good last year with metcalf and lockett. He will sure be an upgrade over what he had, but he will be under immense pressure and Denver gave up the farm. I just don't see Wilson making Denver an instant contender.

By almost every metric, Joe Burrows was a top-10 (even top-5) QB, while Ben was ranked one of the worst. He may not have had the same numbers, but you better believe our passing game (and running game by proxy) would have looked a hell of a lot better. And while Jam'ar may be better than anything what we currently have, its difficult to really judge our WR Corp group accurately under our prior circumstances.

I will agree that Denver certainly gave up the farm, and this could set them back YEARS. But Denver has a good RB, a good WR, a solid defense, and now they have a franchise QB. That is quite literally all you need to get to the big game (i.e. 2021 Bengals).

I think Wilson is a very good QB. He's not my guy if I'm shopping a trade tho.

I still can't get over the worst int in Superbowl history...

Elway is worse at GM than he was at QB...how is that freaking possible?

Elway is worse at GM than he was at QB...how is that freaking possible?
Three things:

1. Good players seldom make good GM's (Jordan, Jeter).
  2. Elway was one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game. And you expected him to be JUST AS good a GM?
  3. Elway has won a SB as GM, so he is certainly not a slouch. If they win again with Wilson, I am sure no one will remember those traded draft picks (i.e. Rams).

Three things:

1. Good players seldom make good GM's (Jordan, Jeter).
  2. Elway was one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game. And you expected him to be JUST AS good a GM?
  3. Elway has won a SB as GM, so he is certainly not a slouch. If they win again with Wilson, I am sure no one will remember those traded draft picks (i.e. Rams).
One thing:

Elway is the most overrated QB in the history of Planet Earth.

that is all.

Didn't he bring in Peyton to dump Tebow? And they won a superbowl.

He has a SB and Arena Bowl championship as an executive. That's pretty damn good.
Yes. I guess he is a better GM than QB...but this deal is ludicrous imho.

Because-1 Burrow is a generational talent that we’re not gonna find that easily and 2-That OL was awful and is likely to get Burrow killed.

Whata worse is they drafted OL in first round back to back years before Burrow. Bungles gonna Bungle

Don't forget you have the first QB they were rumored to have interest in Howell.

I keep thinking that of what Colbert was recently saying how he didn't want to leave without getting the Steelers a franchise.

I think they might reach for a QB in 1 and it very well could be Howell. As he fits Canada's mobile QB want. Tough and has a strong arm.

Everyone knows I want Oline, WR, or Dline, but they might be thinking different.

Yinz better hope they bring in a Winston or Jimmy G so they don't feel the need to reach.
Howell would be such a terrible pick. Of the five top guys, he's my least favorite.

Howell would be such a terrible pick. Of the five top guys, he's my least favorite.

Willis is my top not want. But yeah none of these QBs make me jump for joy. I probably would be ok with Ridder in 2 though.

Elway sucked at QB?

What planet you from?
If you suck the first 10 years of your career...you suck.

159 TDs and 153 ints...overrated.

If you suck the first 10 years of your career...you suck.

159 TDs and 153 ints...overrated.
Did you watch the guy play or just reciting statistics?

Elway was incredible.

Did you watch the guy play or just reciting statistics?

Elway was incredible.
Oh, I saw him be mediocre for years and didn't understand the hype.