• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ryan Clark – “Mason Rudolph Is Not A Good QB”

Comparing him to Kent Graham is BS, one was way past his prime on a downhill slide, the other is a young QB that has been barely given a true chance.

if you are not ALWAYS on the hunt, you are doing a **** job.
Nah, not bullshit. Kent Graham never had a prime. He was never any good, yet he had a winning record (actually 10-5, not 10-6) in the two years before he came to Pittsburgh. Which was exactly my point about Rudolph's mark of 5-4-1 not meaning ****.

Again, if the Steelers truly believed in Rudolph, and were ready to give him this glorious chance to start now that Ben is gone (this opportunity that so many of you think that he so richly deserves for some reason), they'd be standing behind Mason. And Tomlin most likely wouldn't be displaying a public hard-on for Malik Willis. But that's not the case, is it?

The quote I posted was bullshit and clickbait, RC is better than that. He said that if he's the starter, they're no longer the team he loves? Did he and others drink the kool-aid that this kid actually said what that POS Myles Garrett claimed he said?
Seriously?? You're dredging up THAT because Clark has your feelings hurt so badly?

🤦‍♂️God Almighty....

I think you are right on the QB slots. I just disagree on the rest. I just want them to spend on everything but QB this year. I truly think we are close to having a real chance without having to have a franchise QB. I don't want to settle on someone and spend too much when I think we can be competitive with Rudolph and if we aren't then we pick a better guy next year. Don't chase a position just because you think you have to. End Result Artie Burns.
Competitive vs who? The browns?? Okay, great! Competitive vs. the actual teams in the AFC vying for a Superbowl Birth? With Rudolph?? Not a chance in ******* hell, you couldnt be more ridiculous to think such a thing

He's 5-4-1. This is like celebrating "neve had a losing season" when the Steelers are on their longest playoff win drought in 50 years.
The Steelers defense never gave up more than 13 points in any of the 5 wins. So the recipe is to have the best defense in the league or win no games when.tje opposition scores more than 2 TDs. He did not win those 5 starts because of his play.

I think you are right on the QB slots. I just disagree on the rest. I just want them to spend on everything but QB this year. I truly think we are close to having a real chance without having to have a franchise QB. I don't want to settle on someone and spend too much when I think we can be competitive with Rudolph and if we aren't then we pick a better guy next year. Don't chase a position just because you think you have to. End Result Artie Burns.
That Artie Burns was a reach in the draft. That is why you do bring in an upgrade at QB that way you don't Artie Burns a QB in the draft. If you bring these free agents in without addressing the QB position you are actually handcuffing the team more. As better talent will equate to more wins but not enough to playoff matter but enough to where you have to give up a lot of draft capital to get one one of those two top QBs.

I feel strongly if you address free agency hard you address QB too or don't bother with either.

Keep in mind the last two SB winning QBs weren't drafted by their perspective teams.

Do you even read it before you post it. Even the Bengals. You mean the Bengals who had the number one overall pick and selected Joe Burrow and finally nailed it. There are three options here:
1. Trade for an experienced starter or go FA. You can give up a lot of capital for one of the top four Rogers, Wilson, Carr or Jimmy G. Apparently the asking price on the first three will be huge. And all four will eat up almost all of this treasured cap space we finally enjoy. Or you can get a retread like Winston, Trubisky with bigger pedigree than at least Rudolph but little more success.
2. Draft a qb. Anyone would be behind this if it was a good class. It's not. So again it's gonna be capital to move up to get a guy who may not look any better than Rudolph when he came out of college. They all have serious warts.
3. Role with what they got. Fix their longterm salary cap issues and become a better football team. If you can't run or stop the run it doesn't matter who you have at qb. Address those meat and potatoes football problems in a great year for that. If Rudolph is as bad as some of you think they will be I a much better situation next year to get a guy. I just don't happen to think he is.
Sure do
And stand by it
Hell this doesn’t even address what I said
Blah blah blah
Bunch of stuff we all know 3 options ones that have been beaten like a horse

So your position is we should take 3-5 years or is it that we should draft shifty players, accept a crappy team. Please

You're probably right. Still, it's middle school nonsense.

I'm sure you've noticed there is a LOT of middle school mentality out there so this doesn't suprise any of us.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
If I thought there was a move there that would win a SB next year or the year after I would make it. There is not. If you get an Aaron Rogers or a Russell Wilson you are putting them on a similar or worse team then they are not winning SB on now..So no I think.its a very dumb idea to mortgage the future on something that will win 2 or 3 more games and ultimately not produce a championship.

Seriously?? You're dredging up THAT because Clark has your feelings hurt so badly?

Oh shut the **** up. I bet you're the kind of guy that would **** a sheep in the *** and not even have the gd common courtesy to give it a reach-around, private Omar.

We need a low $$ QB contract for a few years to clean up the cap space issues, pay Minkah, DJ, etc

I'd like to see Bridgewater or similar in camp with Rudy and Haskins, and an open competition. If there was no clear winner, then a "you get to start, and keep starting as long as the Steelers win" rotation thru all 3. Figure out if they actually can do the job, or take the L's and tool up next draft.
Fully agree. I mean look--- if we play this right the wait is only 1 year.

Rudy/Dwayne are just as good as ANY (maybe not mobility-wise) coming out this year. Taking a risk on one of them is foolish.

We cannot let the key players on defense and offense (well not so much Juju) walk away in their prime.

I don't know if it'll happen but if Haskins makes us all eat our hats next year and performs like a real first round NFL QB. That'll be a great problem to have...

Yes we have a 4th. That's good draft value. His contract is pretty high though $25.55M, and we'd only get him for a year.

I thought we traded the 4th for right to pick Loudermilk last year? If not, I’m looking really silly for mocking LaCanfora in another post 🤦‍♂️

We dont want to burn 1st round picks for a wilson / Rogers. (at least i dont)
The QB class is considered weak, right? There is no Joe Burrow, or Watson. So why use your number 1 on a less than awesome QB. Could Matt Corrral come in and be better than Rudolph or Haskins this year? I dont think so. So maybe you take a flier on a project QB in the 2nd / 3rd. There are some there.
Imo build the team Let our in house qb's fight it out.
Next year look for that top tier QB.
The bengals took a qb in the first in 2020 when they were building. Because it was Joe Burrow. I hope Rudolph and Haskins seize this opportunity, play smart, and we win.

I thought we traded the 4th for right to pick Loudermilk last year? If not, I’m looking really silly for mocking LaCanfora in another post 🤦‍♂️
The Steelers have their own picks in each of the first three rounds, where they’ll be drafting at No. 20, No. 52 and No. 84 overall.

They traded their fourth-round pick to the Miami Dolphins at last year’s draft for the fifth-round pick they used on defensive end Isaiahh Loudermilk. The Steelers sent their fifth-round pick to the New York Jets in the middle of the 2020 season for inside linebacker Avery Williamson, getting the Jets’ seventh-round pick in return. Pittsburgh’s sixth-round pick belongs to the Jacksonville Jaguars, as Colbert traded it for inside linebacker Joe Schobert on the eve of the 2021 season.

The Steelers are projected to get a fourth-round draft pick in return for losing Bud Dupree as a free agent last offseason. They also got a sixth-round pick from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Melvin Ingram

I get we’re “projected” but it’s not a for sure thing right? We’re not the Rats after all 😉. When Cope said we “have a 4th” I was surprised.

The same type the Ravens had with Dilfer. We are only about 4 players away from that in my opinion. TRENT DILFER! Mason is at least as good as that clown.
Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl 20 years ago. Completely different game then, particularly with physical defenses and when running backs were the star of the offense. Tennessee is probably the closest to that mold right now and they have, by far, the best running back in the league and Tannehill is significantly better than Rudolph.

Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl 20 years ago. Completely different game then, particularly with physical defenses and when running backs were the star of the offense. Tennessee is probably the closest to that mold right now and they have, by far, the best running back in the league and Tannehill is significantly better than Rudolph.
Flacco works as more recent comparison as well.

Fully agree. I mean look--- if we play this right the wait is only 1 year.

Rudy/Dwayne are just as good as ANY (maybe not mobility-wise) coming out this year. Taking a risk on one of them is foolish.

We cannot let the key players on defense and offense (well not so much Juju) walk away in their prime.

I don't know if it'll happen but if Haskins makes us all eat our hats next year and performs like a real first round NFL QB. That'll be a great problem to have...
That is why they will tender him. They aren't going to bet the farm on him obviously but they won't rule him out.