• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

same **** different election

Wait a darn minute here!

I thought "orientals" couldn't drive?!?

Can we make a solid decision people!
"Orientals" once used to identify peoples of the Far East is not PC and is forbidden! It's "Asians".
The thing about that is that Indians, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis etc. are Asians too.

I suppose if we were only discussing the slanted eye variety of Asians, we would say Far Easterners.

Last edited:
and here we go... these people exist, still. maybe we should remove all the warning labels.

"Orientals" once used to identify peoples of the Far East is not PC and is forbidden! It's "Asians".
The thing about that is that Indians, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis etc. are Asians too.

I suppose if we were only discussing the slanted eye variety of Asians, we would say Far Easterners.
On PA’s Electronic Death Registry System my choices, other than White and Black, are Asian Indian, Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Other Asian, Native Hawaiian, Guamanian/Chamorro, Samoan, Other Pacific Islander, Other (Specify), Don’t Know/Not Sure, and Refused.

Last edited:
On PA’s Electronic Death Registry System my choices, other than White and Black, are Asian Indian, Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Other Asian, Native Hawaiian, Guamanian/Chamorro, Samoan, Other Pacific Islander, Other (Specify), Don’t Know/Not Sure, and Refused.

Does one choose that ahead of the Sad Day, or do others make that call?
As the trans he/she/it's start to populate your slabs, will they add in a WTF box to check?

Funny, I have to say something about the "Not sure" option.
If you really need to know if someone is either Korean, Chinese, or Japanese send me a picture!
I have been really good at being able to distinguish between the three, so to me they don't all look alike! lol

Having a Korean wife I've associated myself with her friends through the years, while also attending the Korean Catholic Church here in Cleveland,

Where I worked...at the medical research labs at Case Western University and Cleveland Clinic, were many Chinese students and lab techs. Sometimes I felt like I was in China.

The Japanese look different from the other two.

Ask me to explain the difference, and I won't be able too. I can just tell. The features cross between the three.

Does one choose that ahead of the Sad Day, or do others make that call?
As the trans he/she/it's start to populate your slabs, will they add in a WTF box to check?
Usually the next-of-kin, 99.9% of the time it's kinda obvious. I had a guy last year who was born in South America, there is also a Hispanic Yes or No button, his son and I decided on Hispanic Yes and for race Other and filled in the Specify blank with Venezuelan.
Your choices for sex, so far, are Male, Female, and Unknown. I'm sure the LGBTQAFLRKUYR will get that changed at some point.

Last edited:
If you really need to know if someone is either Korean, Chinese, or Japanese send me a picture!
I have been really good at being able to distinguish between the three, so to me they don't all look alike! lol

Having a Korean wife I've associated myself with her friends through the years, while also attending the Korean Catholic Church here in Cleveland,

Where I worked...at the medical research labs at Case Western University and Cleveland Clinic, were many Chinese students and lab techs. Sometimes I felt like I was in China.

Ask me to explain the difference, and I won't be able too. I can just tell. The features cross between the three.
Yeah, my roommate for my first three years of college, back in '82 when I could toss a pigskin a quarter-mile, was from Taiwan and he explained it to me once and I can pretty much tell.

Last names also…

Yeah, my roommate for my first three years of college, back in '82 when I could toss a pigskin a quarter-mile, was from Taiwan and he explained it to me once and I can pretty much tell.

We need more of being able to laugh at ourselves and those different from us in this crazy woke PC world.

Going back to Asian drivers, here's one that may be deemed a little extreme, especially when it involved the male Asian driver. This type of joking in real life is inappropriate and hurtful.

As a little over the top as this video was, my wife laughed through most of it. She has no problem laughing at her own kind.

I bring you The Amazing Racist!

Last edited:
We need more of being able to laugh at ourselves and those different from us in this crazy woke PC world.

Going back to Asian drivers, here's one that may be deemed a little extreme, especially when it involved the male Asian driver. This type of joking in real life is inappropriate and hurtful.

As a little over the top as this video was, my wife laughed through most of it. She has no problem laughing at her own kind.

I bring you The Amazing Racist!

I saw his stuff a long time ago but YouTube scrubbed a lot of it.
Dude walks into a black-owned dry cleaners in Watts wearing a Klan outfit and hands them another one asking if they can clean it since it got a little dirty and smokey at a cross burning.
Although when you think about it, it's not any different than gays asking a bakery to make a gay wedding cake.
Seen Henry Cho in person twice, once he was the entertainment at my former employer's annual meeting and another time at the old Funny Bone in Pittsburgh. I like him because he hilarious while using little or no profanity.

Last edited:
Dude walks into a black-owned dry cleaners in Watts wearing a Klan outfit and hands them another one asking if they can clean it since it got a little dirty and smokey at a cross burning.
Although when you think about it, it's not any different than gays asking a bakery to make a gay wedding cake.
Seen Henry Cho in person twice, once he was the entertainment at my former employer's annual meeting and another time at the old Funny Bone in Pittsburgh. I like him because he hilarious while using little or no profanity.
If its tge same one i am thinking of, the clip at the dry cleaners was from a failed tv pilot where the guy was trying to be an edgy shitstirrer... like a hidden camera prank show merged with Jackass and Borat... he did two skits and got his *** beat so hard he was hospitalized and they pulled the plug on it

It was on a show where they showed horrible failed tv pilots...

My dad’s side is Japanese. My grandpa is half. But the slanted eyes is more noticeable in my aunts. A lot of us grandkids can pass as native.

Funny thing is I can distinguish differences between chinse, koreans, japanese and vietnamese as well. One bad feature a lot of us with Japanese ancestry have is short height. I think filipinos also have shorter height in comparison to Koreans and chinese.

We all have our characteristics. Just like japan also as two forms of dialect. The standard tokyo dialect and there is the kansai dialect which my grandpa speaks as his mom was born in Kyoto.

Flog is "refused" - thanks in advance

GSNXZe9XsAAIY0a

My dad’s side is Japanese. My grandpa is half. But the slanted eyes is more noticeable in my aunts. A lot of us grandkids can pass as native.

Funny thing is I can distinguish differences between chinse, koreans, japanese and vietnamese as well. One bad feature a lot of us with Japanese ancestry have is short height. I think filipinos also have shorter height in comparison to Koreans and chinese.

We all have our characteristics. Just like japan also as two forms of dialect. The standard tokyo dialect and there is the kansai dialect which my grandpa speaks as his mom was born in Kyoto.
My DIL is half Japanese. She can't drink. It's really funny. She has 1/2 glass of wine and she gets pink like she's blushing, and is no good for a couple of days. My son calls it something or other that is cute and trendy, but I'm old, so I can't remember what it's called.

Reactions: MTC
My DIL is half Japanese. She can't drink. It's really funny. She has 1/2 glass of wine and she gets pink like she's blushing, and is no good for a couple of days. My son calls it something or other that is cute and trendy, but I'm old, so I can't remember what it's called.
Asian flush?

That’s what I always heard it called. I get that too. All it takes is 2-3 beers.

Asian flush?

That’s what I always heard it called. I get that too. All it takes is 2-3 beers.
Yes. Tnx. It's rather cute on her. Probably not so much on you.

Yeah, the Southeast Asians ...Vietnamese, Thais, Laos etc..are more easily distinguishable from that far east Japanese, Korean and Chinese group, darker skin for one, but for me to identify the Southeast Asians, I don't have a clue...they all look alike to me. lol

Language is clue for me as well. If I'm not sure, I just listen to them speak, even though I don't understand a single word they are saying. Chinese is a tonal language and very soft, Japanese is harder, more masculine. Like comparing French to German. I recognize Korean because the wife speaks it nearly every day.

This short clip is absolutely hilarious and is exactly what we are talking about. LOL

Last edited:
Yes. Tnx. It's rather cute on her. Probably not so much on you.
There is nothing cute about it. The feeling is similar to getting out of a cold shower or ingesting beta alanine.

It’s a blessing in a sense that it discourages heavy drinking just cause of the uncomfortable feeling but there is a medical reason behind it which can be toxic.

My dad’s side especially my cousins are heavy drinkers. Granted we’re also part Hispanic but a lot of us are suspect to it. I lost one of my cousins last year due to drinking

Yep I saw that one too!

Yeah, the Southeast Asians ...Vietnamese, Thais, Laos etc..are more easily distinguishable from that far east Japanese, Korean and Chinese group, darker skin for one, but for me to identify the Southeast Asians, I don't have a clue...they all look alike to me. lol

Language is clue for me as well. If I'm not sure, I just listen to them speak, even though I don't understand a single word they are saying. Chinese is a tonal language and very soft, Japanese is harder, more masculine. Like comparing French to German. I recognize Korean because the wife speaks it nearly every day.

This short clip is absolutely hilarious and is exactly what we are talking about. LOL

I miss that show...