• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Scary Article for Parents About Effects of Trans Movement on Kids

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
So many kids are just looking to fit in. It has always been that way. It's how extremists groups from ISIS to the KKK to the Boston area sports fans, have recruited the lonely and the desperate to their ranks. Now the Trans movement is following suit with scary efficiency and the weight of PC culture behind them.

[h=1]Parent of ‘Transgender’ Teen Warns: ‘We Have to Fight This Radical Movement’[/h]
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ransgender-teen-warns-fight-radical-movement/

School shooters are misfits and you’re scared they might decide to go tranny instead?

School shooters are misfits and you’re scared they might decide to go tranny instead?

That is utterly, perfectly, totally, and completely not what he said.

Keep on deflecting Wonder Woman.

4959281-wonder-woman--bullet-physics_article_story_large.jpg

Now back on topic. This is what the Left does. This is what Leftism has always done. The notion of tolerance simply isn't enough to the Left. Tolerance, while preached by the Left, isn't practiced. The aim is acceptance and assimilation. See the Trans movement, and the overall LGBQRTADRSL movement as evidence. Tolerating different people and their lifestyles isn't enough. YOU must agree being gay is normal, not that they are different. You must try being gay or bi or queer yourself. You must admit we are all somehow in someway gay. You must forsake your religion for the religion of LGBQTRADWRS. Your beliefs and values will take a back seat to this movement.

There are certain kids who will do ANYTHING to either set themselves apart from others or fit in with a certain group, no matter how extreme. Especially around the middle school age, most kids are like frantic, confused little squirrels running from one group of peers to another trying to figure out how and where they fit in. It's absolutely true that kids will latch on to things that get them attention. Take the cutting thing for instance. It is the most contagious thing their ever is in middle school....I've seen that for myself. Kids with emotional issues see a peer who has cut themselves and gotten tons of attention for it and guess what? Within the next week, you have 10 kids cutting themselves. It spreads like wild fire. And they make sure to tell people at school so that it gets out. Of course they have to act furious about it when you question them about it and ask them to show you the cuts.....as if they didn't purposely tell the biggest gossip they know in the school so it would get out immediately.

As an adult, you have to be very very careful about what you encourage a kid that age to do, especially anything that will be life altering. Because they themselves have utterly no idea where they are going from minute to minute or why. For the gender reassignment surgeries and hormones, etc, it should be mandatory that the kid should be at least 18 to do it.....maybe even 21. Up until then, 99% of them don't know **** about themselves or what they want out of life. If they hit the legal age and still want to do it, then all power to them, go for it. In the life of a 15 year old though, almost everything is a passing whim. The last thing you want to do is let them make a life altering decision when they aren't yet mentally capable of making it.

Last edited:
You must try being gay or bi or queer yourself. You must admit we are all somehow in someway gay. You must forsake your religion for the religion of LGBQTRADWRS. Your beliefs and values will take a back seat to this movement.

So a gay or transgendered person has demanded this of you?

Hysterical much? Triggered by Breitbart much?

So a gay or transgendered person has demanded this of you?

Hysterical much? Triggered by Breitbart much?

There are problems throughout our school systems. Just like in your home. You have major to minor issues to address. That doesn't mean that all aren't worthy of your attention. You prioritize. In your never-ending attempts to start arguments or to deflect, you try to equate this issue with the Transgender movement to school shootings. They are wholly separate, unrelated issues. Both are worthy of being addressed. You attempt to dismiss the one by making it seem irrelevant compared to the other. Typical Flog approach.

This thread is about a problem that exists and should be addressed - despite your feeling it's irrelevant - and the article does a fantastic job of articulating it.

From the article:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Considerable evidence is mounting that support for “gender transitions,” is imposing substantial medical and developmental risks on children.

A growing number of pediatricians, mental health professionals, and gay rights activists are warning American parents about the dangers of the new “gender ideology,” which pressures parents to impose risky and dangerous treatments on their children.

“Transgender ideology is not just infecting our laws,” writes pediatrician and researcher Dr. Michelle Cretella, mother of four and president of the American College of Pediatricians. “It is intruding into the lives of the most innocent among us – children – and with the apparent growing support of the professional medical community.”

Cretella says she has “witnessed an upending of the medical consensus on the nature of gender identity” which intimidates professionals who question the claim that some children can and should try to change their sex.

Despite the fact the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has said transition-affirming procedures for children are too risky, she observes the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Pediatric Endocrine Society have all endorsed affirming transition.

Cretella’s organization asserts gender ideology is harmful to children and that transgendered children are psychologically confused and at risk for mental health disorders:

No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one …

A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind, not the body, and it should be treated as such.

“According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty,” the college adds. “Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse.”

Similarly, the self-described “left-leaning,” pro-LGBT rights association, Youth Gender Professionals, asserts it is risky to affirm young people who claim to be transgender and provide them with hormonal and surgical treatments to change their bodies.

“Our concern is with medical transition for children and youth,” they write. “We feel that unnecessary surgeries and/or hormonal treatments which have not been proven safe in the long-term represent significant risks for young people.”

The organization’s members say they are alarmed that many immature teenagers are deciding they are a member of the opposite sex simply as a result of “binges” on social media sites.

“There is evidence that vulnerable young people are being actively recruited and coached on such sites to believe that they are trans,” the professionals say.

Despite such potential mental health problems associated with gender confusion, children in some states are no longer legally permitted to see a therapist who does not automatically affirm a request for gender transition. Youth Gender Professionals sees such state prohibitions as dangerous since they may block the process of critical thinking and evaluation of the young person regarding the reasons why he or she desires to become a transgender member of the opposite sex.

“While the sentiment behind this legislation is laudable, in some cases, it is being interpreted to mean that therapists cannot explore gender identity with a youth who is professing to be trans,” argue the professionals. “This would mean we can’t ask why; we can’t explore underlying mental health issues; we can’t consider the symbolic nature of the gender dysphoria; and we can’t look at possible confounding issues such as social media use or social contagion.”

Researchers Paul Hruz, Lawrence Mayer, and Paul McHugh address the problem caused by media hype and political debate overshadowing actual questions about the health and psychological well-being of children in a paper titled “Growing Pains,” published at The New Atlantis.

The authors write:

There is strikingly little scientific understanding of important questions underlying the debates over gender identity — for instance, there is very little scientific evidence explaining why some people identify as the opposite sex, or why childhood expressions of cross-gender identification persist for some individuals and not for others. Yet notwithstanding the limited data, physicians and mental health care providers have arrived at a number of methods for treating children, adolescents, and adults with gender dysphoria.

The authors warn of decisions made to help “affirm” a gender-confused child’s perceived identity, without any connection to scientific fact or research.

“Though there is little systematically collected data on the number of young people (or even the number of adults) who identify as transgender or who have undergone sex-reassignment surgery, there is some evidence that the number of people receiving medical and psychotherapeutic care for gender identity issues is on the rise,” they write.

“It is, in this sense, still experimental — yet it is an experiment being conducted in an uncontrolled and unsystematic manner,” the researchers warn.

Sisson adds:

People have glorified this movement. Children like my daughter who had been seeking acceptance, now have found a group of people that they feel has accepted them. And it’s all a lie. Her whole life has boiled down to this movement. She believes this is what she has to do to be happy for the rest of her life.

I feel like this is the new trend – there are many girls and boys claiming to be transgender, and it’s just not true. They’re trying to find acceptance, and, as parents, we have to fight it – we have to fight this radical movement.

Like the medical and psychological professionals who are stunned that their professions have allowed themselves to be swept up in a political movement that puts young children and adolescents at risk, Sisson explains her reaction as a parent.

“It’s very hard because there are many doctors and therapists who will not voice their concerns against it,” she observes. “They’re going along with it because they fear for their jobs and their lives. Even teachers are being punished for referring to transgender students as the wrong pronoun.”

It used to be that befriending or dating outside your race was rebelling. Then it was claiming to be homosexual. Neither of those are physically damaging (unless you got into physical altercations while defending yourself or someone else). To allow a CHILD who hasn't even hit (or has just hit) puberty to make such a life-altering decision (referring to hormones and surgery) is ABUSE. Pure and simple. How in the hell is a 10 year old going to know what he/she wants tomorrow, let alone for the rest of his life? Hell- I wore jeans, sneakers, had a short haircut, rode boys' bikes, played in the dirt, played with boys, and was a tough kid. That's what I liked. Should I have undergone hormonal treatment? HELL NO. It's ****** up.

It used to be that befriending or dating outside your race was rebelling. Then it was claiming to be homosexual. Neither of those are physically damaging (unless you got into physical altercations while defending yourself or someone else). To allow a CHILD who hasn't even hit (or has just hit) puberty to make such a life-altering decision (referring to hormones and surgery) is ABUSE. Pure and simple. How in the hell is a 10 year old going to know what he/she wants tomorrow, let alone for the rest of his life? Hell- I wore jeans, sneakers, had a short haircut, rode boys' bikes, played in the dirt, played with boys, and was a tough kid. That's what I liked. Should I have undergone hormonal treatment? HELL NO. It's ****** up.

I think it's probably a case of adults using kids to further their agendas. Kinda like parents driving kids to be star athletes because they couldn't.....but way, way worse in this case.

I think it's probably a case of adults using kids to further their agendas. Kinda like parents driving kids to be star athletes because they couldn't.....but way, way worse in this case.

Which is why it's abuse.

My daughters know so many kids now who claim to be trans or gay or bi or pansexual or polyamorous or some other such nonsense. And they are all convinced or have convinced themselves that these are some kind of inherent traits they were born with. It's a fad, it's cool and edgy now. It's generally the kids who seem kind of messed up in other ways too. I can definitely see kids doing this to be different, feel accepted by a group, etc. It is really scary.

My daughters know so many kids now who claim to be trans or gay or bi or pansexual or polyamorous or some other such nonsense. And they are all convinced or have convinced themselves that these are some kind of inherent traits they were born with. It's a fad, it's cool and edgy now. It's generally the kids who seem kind of messed up in other ways too. I can definitely see kids doing this to be different, feel accepted by a group, etc. It is really scary.

Yep it's definitely the kids that are "looking for something" and aren't sure what it is yet. The ________ sexual kids (insert most current fad) are almost always the cutters, the black makeup wearers and/or the multiple piercers as well. Even the most lost ones usually figure it out by the time they graduate high school, but as we know there are still a few 35 year old children running around out there too. Thankfully those are the vast minority. From my experience working with high school kids, something drastic happens between 9th and 10th grade in terms of maturity and settling down. These overly dramatic, wild, emotional wrecks would come in and 9th grade and by the time following year started, most of that stuff worked itself out and they calmed down.

It got to the point where, when the Freshman would come in freaking out about this drama and that drama and how they were so sick of it, I would tell that if they could make it another year, it will pretty much all go away. 95% of the time it did. Being in middle school this year, I can definitely say that theseare definintely the hardest years for them. They are at their wildest and most uncertain about everything. Even the best, most well balanced kids are kinda nuts at school. The unbalanced ones are practically out of control at all times.

Last edited:
Kids like attention.

Kids see tranny people getting attention and think they will do that and get some attention for themselves. It's like "Gluten Allergies" only instead of missing out on bread, donuts and pasta they risk damaging their reproductive organs. Children lack the judgment to see this, all they see is the praise and attention.

I got my first Christmas card from a married gay couple this year. I'm not sure who's the husband and who's the wife. So to speak.

That is utterly, perfectly, totally, and completely not what he said.

Keep on deflecting Wonder Woman.

4959281-wonder-woman--bullet-physics_article_story_large.jpg

Now back on topic. This is what the Left does. This is what Leftism has always done. The notion of tolerance simply isn't enough to the Left. Tolerance, while preached by the Left, isn't practiced. The aim is acceptance and assimilation. See the Trans movement, and the overall LGBQRTADRSL movement as evidence. Tolerating different people and their lifestyles isn't enough. YOU must agree being gay is normal, not that they are different. You must try being gay or bi or queer yourself. You must admit we are all somehow in someway gay. You must forsake your religion for the religion of LGBQTRADWRS. Your beliefs and values will take a back seat to this movement.

Completely wrong. I don't any lefties like that, WW indeed.

That's certainly interesting. My 15 yo daughter can't find any gay kids to hang with at her school.

My son is 5 and always ask questions like why are boys wanting to be girls etc.
It's tough having to be blunt with him at times, cause I'm sure he see's stuff in kindergarten.

One of our cousins is 8 years old and has very strong feminine tendencies.
He'll ignore my son just cause of the differences in interest.

My son is into most of the stuff he see's me into.
Hockey, football, video games, we do watch cartoons together.

He's grown up with super hero marvel/dc stuff cause his mom and I were somewhat geeks ourselves.
But when he gets rejected by his cousin cause he's not into pop music, whatever female catered disney show, etc.

It hasn't really bothered him as he hangs out more with his uncles(my brothers).
They're knowledgeable about the trends and such affecting the youngins today.

My son is 5 and always ask questions like why are boys wanting to be girls etc.
It's tough having to be blunt with him at times, cause I'm sure he see's stuff in kindergarten.

One of our cousins is 8 years old and has very strong feminine tendencies.
He'll ignore my son just cause of the differences in interest.

Good for your son. Upside, he'll have family to style his hair when he gets older. (I have a gay cousin who is, honestly, a hair stylist, although these days he's more into toupees and hair replacement and makes a **** ton of money. Come to think, maybe I should see him. Anyhow, his mom always says he just hasn't found the right girl yet. *cough* *giggle* *snicker* )
I would simply tell your son that some people aren't happy with who they are BUT the vast majority of people are like me and your mom and you and this is what normal is.

Reactions: MTC
Good for your son. Upside, he'll have family to style his hair when he gets older. (I have a gay cousin who is, honestly, a hair stylist, although these days he's more into toupees and hair replacement and makes a **** ton of money. Come to think, maybe I should see him. Anyhow, his mom always says he just hasn't found the right girl yet. *cough* *giggle* *snicker* )
I would simply tell your son that some people aren't happy with who they are BUT the vast majority of people are like me and your mom and you and this is what normal is.

We tell him. He's a smart kiddo. Understanding and enjoys life. So I think it's good he notices. Kids always do.

As for my cousin. Maybe he'll end up like yours lol.
If it makes him money then I don't see why not I suppose

The one thing that these kids don't GET is that they will ALWAYS be the sex they were born into. ALWAYS. You can stick a penis on a girl and call her a HIM, but run a DNA test, and it will say SHE. But yet when we try to point this simple FACT out, we are labeled as transphobic and whateverthehellelsephobic. I don't know when FACTS turned to phobias,but it's a pretty telling comment on where we are headed as society.

The one thing that these kids don't GET is that they will ALWAYS be the sex they were born into. ALWAYS. You can stick a penis on a girl and call her a HIM, but run a DNA test, and it will say SHE. But yet when we try to point this simple FACT out, we are labeled as transphobic and whateverthehellelsephobic. I don't know when FACTS turned to phobias,but it's a pretty telling comment on where we are headed as society.

Libs are all about science when it comes to global warming, not so much when it comes to what sex people are.

Libs are all about science when it comes to global warming, not so much when it comes to what sex people are.

As much as I love this quote, there's nothing scientific about falsifying temperature, sea level and snow cap data.

Liberals just don't like facts.