• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Schefter: Steelers Are Now Confirmed In Negotiations For Justin Fields

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have already been rumored to have interest in many quarterbacks outside the organization, and the rumor mill keeps churning. It seemed to have settled down for a little bit, as reports came out about the Atlanta Falcons closing in on a trade for Justin Fields, the top quarterback on the market. Instead of taking that idea and running with it, Adam Schefter pushed back on that idea, claiming the report was false and that a trade to Atlanta would be "something of a surprise."

READ MORE

Please do not bring Fields in here for a second round pick.
We need these premium picks and Fields isn’t worth it.
If he is that good then the Bears would keep him and build around him. I’d say they’ve seen enough.
Work on building around Kenny and making him better.
Besides, this Fields crap smells a lot like Shades.

Please do not bring Fields in here for a second round pick.
We need these premium picks and Fields isn’t worth it.
If he is that good then the Bears would keep him and build around him. I’d say they’ve seen enough.
Work on building around Kenny and making him better.
Besides, this Fields crap smells a lot like Shades.
no it just smells like BS overall.

Let's face it: Fields has an excellent pedigree.

Maybe Da Bears want payback for the Chase Claypuff hoodwink, I mean trade.
Fields has been in the league three years and has done what?
He’s nothing more than a running back trying to play QB.
He won’t beat good teams with his passing and will rely on his running. What happens when defenses key on the running? Uh, no thanks!

Tomlin football at its finest. He loved Fields and went to his or day even though we never going to draft him.

What Shades crush is signed by the Steelers first, Fields or Willis?

Its like trubinski all over agian
No, it would be worse. Other than rushing yards, Mitch beat Fields in every category in their first 3 years.

I don't understand the insanity of this, other than people trolling for click bait.

Omar can't be this dumb.

FWIW, the odds of Fields to the Steelers dropped after he was spotted in Atlanta with Falcons players.

That being said, I say no more than a trade down sending the Steelers 3rd for Fields and the Bears 6th.

Again, Shefter was saying that the Falcons werent interested in Fields then followed it up with something like " maybe something can be worked out with the steelers" and people read wayyy too much into it
Overreaction is the only possible reaction sometimes.

If this is true, I truly don’t get it. The Steelers have shown ZERO ability to develop anyone. This would be the third first-round retread, Mitch, D.Haskins (RIP) on top of their own in KP. Has Tomlin shown ANYTHING to make anyone think he can evaluate and develop QB talent? Who was the last decent backup we had behind Ben? You can say Mason, but he was marginalized his entire career here. If they pick up a QB in free agency I sure do hope it’s a veteran, so Tomlin doesn’t have to develop him.

I’m all for the SN article content, but this smacks of click bait speculation of ANOTHER national writer who has NO inside knowledge of team personnel. The only contact Shefter has are player agents, like for obvious reasons, Fields agent throwing out anything to get teams interested. Schefty is just getting material for the national beat. There is an overwhelming combination of narratives from both camps that Mason Rudolph will resign with PIT on a deal, much, much cap friendly than any 5th year decision due to Fields by 5\3, one week AFTER the draft.

Folks need to check their immediate emotive streak at the door, before actually realizing how some “reports” are totally BS and have no substantive findings.

It's the offseason. You should expect mountains of pure made up bs. What else are they to do?

The NFL is completely irrelevant at the moment and will be for months. I don't count free agency.

They're definitely nuts if they negotiate some type of longer term contract to cement the trade.

So the Steelers could possibly make sense, equals "confirmed in negotiations"? "Journalists", SMH.