• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Season Opener ........ KC vs Detroit game thread

Not gonna read too much into week one here with KC out player number two and three and about 7 dropped balls including a house call pick.......but. Jones cannot shore up their entire run D. League looks at that film and the embarrassing Tackle play and inside holding...their tackles are ***. Sorry.

I don't even know if KC has a WR that would be considered a good #2. Their backup TE couldn't get open either. Teams are going to get in the officials ears about the Oline so the false starts / lining up so far back is not going to fly. If KC doesn't fix their WR issue could be a long season.

Pittsburgh vs Detroit
Super Bowl LVIII

I root for Detroit to make the SB every year just for the fact that it leaves the Browns all alone as the remaining original NFL team not to have ever made an appearance.

The only other two teams that have never made an appearance are the Texans and the Jaguars....much newer franchises.

Last edited:
I understand Toney missed most of camp and the preseason and was rusty. That pass hit him in the hands. It was a great throw. I have been saying this for years. Plays like that should not go against the QB. It should be ruled a fumble. I know, I know, it is hard to do but damn, that was obviously Toney's fault for the pick 6 and basically losing the game.

I understand Toney missed most of camp and the preseason and was rusty. That pass hit him in the hands. It was a great throw. I have been saying this for years. Plays like that should not go against the QB. It should be ruled a fumble. I know, I know, it is hard to do but damn, that was obviously Toney's fault for the pick 6 and basically losing the game.

Thought about it for a while, and you're right. It would be hard to do. There would be "he shoulda, coulda caught that" judgement calls, as in a pick 6 resulting from a very difficult catch even though it touched the receivers' hand or fingertips.

Last edited:
*in Jimmy Johnson voice*

HOW 'BOUT DEM LIONS?!

Thought about it for a while, and you're right. It would be hard to do. There would be "he shoulda, coulda caught that" judgement calls, as in pick 6 resulting from a very difficult catch even though it touched the receivers' hand or fingertips.
Like adding or taking away sacks and tackles after the game, they should review these and do the same thing. Or, at least, they could do the same thing.

Going for 4th and 25 is ridiculous with 3 TO and the 2 min warning. Then mahomes actually works his magic, put's it right on his WR's hands for the first down and he drops it again.

Ried channeled his inner Eagles days with that call.

When they got the false start, and backed up another 5, I was like "well so much for that stupid call" and Reid said here hold my beer. :LOL:

If Mikey T ever did that I would probably stroke out.

I understand Toney missed most of camp and the preseason and was rusty. That pass hit him in the hands. It was a great throw. I have been saying this for years. Plays like that should not go against the QB. It should be ruled a fumble.

The problem is that doing so means every prior QB season cannot be compared to present stats.

"So-and-so posted the best QB rating ever."

Really? How does his season compare to a legion of QB's who had tipped passes counted as interceptions? And how bad does the tip have to be? Does it have to be a dropped pass? What about a pass that is pretty accurate but a bit behind the receiver, who reaches back and deflects the ball, which is now picked off? Guaranteed that home team scorers deem that a "fumble" for the home QB and an interception for visiting QB's.

**** that. If a thrown ball is caught by the defense, it's an interception. End of story.

I'll be OK with taking away tipped ball INTs if we also take away the tipped ball completions and the 2 yard pass that turns into a 70 yard TD. Maybe that should just count for 2 yards passing. I bet QBs wouldn't take that deal.

I took one of my sisters gummies last year. I thought WTF,this is doing absolutely nothing. Of course I had a few beers in me too. So I grabbed 4 more and swallowed them. That was a mistake 🥶
Dumb...