• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Season Opener ........ KC vs Detroit game thread

a few thoughts so far

How many teams could play even with a playoff caliber team without 2 of their top 3 players? If Det was without St Brown and Hutchinson, they are getting blown out.

Going for it on 4th down inside your won 20 in the 1st quarter is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen. Look at how close this game is. That play could have cost them the win right there in qtr 1.

Chiefs WRs aren't doing Mahomes any favors.

Goff is a great QB if he doesn't have to think about anything. He's Vinny Testaverde.

Disappointing fantasy usage for Jahmyr Gibbs for people who took him rd 1 or 2.

Chiefs are inventive on offense but sometimes they get too cute. That jet sweep to Rice was stupid. We'd be all over Canada for calling that.

Toney Toney Toney has done it again!
If they don't convert that play, they may be losing right now. It was a scoring drive.

Not Mahomes cleanest game, but his receivers let him down. KC really hasn't surrounded Mahomes with much talent, especially after moving Hill and not replacing him with a stud. Even the higher draft picks on receivers are more No. 3 options than players who can take over a game. This team could struggle anytime Kelce is out because he is the guy who is going to drive the offense.

Amazing how different Mahomes is without Kelce or a Number 1
Or any other receivers. They haven't been getting much separation all night. Even worse they've been dropping balls.

Not Mahomes cleanest game, but his receivers let him down. KC really hasn't surrounded Mahomes with much talent, especially after moving Hill and not replacing him with a stud.

There's a reason for that - and the reason is the fact they are paying Mahomes 25% of their cap.

I don't see this as some milestone win for Det. KC gave this game away. Even depleted, KC should have won this. That pick 6 was a gift. So many drops. Detroit is obviously a pretty good team but this doesn't make me see them as elite.

There's a reason for that - and the reason is the fact they are paying Mahomes 25% of their cap.

Bungles will be following suit real soon as well………………

Salute the nation

Did they jusy say this game has an asterisk to it because no Jones and no Kelce?

Going for 4th and 25 is ridiculous with 3 TO and the 2 min warning. Then mahomes actually works his magic, put's it right on his WR's hands for the first down and he drops it again.
So Mahomes isn’t Superman and can’t do it all by himself? Imagine that. You can have the best QB on the planet and without anyone to throw the ball to he ends up being mediocre.

Did they jusy say this game has an asterisk to it because no Jones and no Kelce?
What it shows me is how critical depth is. Steelers have had many shortened seasons due to the lack there of. Which is:

1. Imperitive that the Steelers stay relatively healthy.

2. Is encouraging that they have some of the best depth in recent memory.

I'm trying to figure out when in time you posted this...the idea of trading for Addison or Mims was a summer dream...
Yes at the draft… I advocated trading DJ for a low first and using it on a wideout…. it has long since passed. Barring one of the PS wrs suddenly becoming a star, DJ is here for the rest of the season …