• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Senator Murphy absolutely violated The Logan Act

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Here is the text of the Act -

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/953

Here is how Murphy himself described the meeting -
Murphy detailed how he approached Zarif about improving U.S.-Iran diplomacy, including asking the foreign minister about the possibility of additional Iranian retaliation over Soleimani’s killing. Murphy also said he inquired about Iran’s support for the Houthi rebels in Yemen and U.S. citizens being unlawfully detained in Iran.

The senator emphasized, however, that as a rank-and-file lawmaker, he “cannot conduct diplomacy on behalf of the whole of the U.S. government, and I don’t pretend to be in a position to do so.”

“But if Trump isn’t going to,” he added, “then someone should.”
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/02/18/chris-murphy-defends-munich-zarif-meeting/

No, *******, you don't define our diplomatic position, and you violated the law by your own statements.

I just heard dumdum say that he wasn't negotiating with them, and if Trump knew anything about the law, he would understand that. The problem there, fucknut, is that there is nothing about negotiations in the law. Read it again. You violated it.

Here is the relevant part again -
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States..

And here is your tweet summary of your meeting -

2/ First, I urged him to control any Iranian proxies in Iraq who might attack U.S. forces and allies there.

Second, I pressed him to release American citizens being unlawfully detained in Iran.

Third, I pushed him to end the Houthi blockage of humanitarian aid in Yemen.

Go directly to jail. Enough of these ******** undermining this President in plain sight.

Last edited:
You think this would be a worthy discussion for our News Media. Bring in some legal "experts" and debate the nuances of having Senators attempt foreign policy against the wishes of the Executive Branch of government.

Oh, I'm sorry. That would be a responsible, non-biased media that would do that.

We don't have that in our country anymore.

Last edited:
You think this would be a worthy discussion for our New Media. Bring in some legal "experts" and debate the nuances of having Senators attempt foreign policy against the wishes of the Executive Branch of government.

Oh, I'm sorry. That would be a responsible, non-biased media that would do that.

We don't have that in our country anymore.

I'm sure the 2,700 Bloomberg News reporters will be right on it.

Bloomberg News Tells Reporters Not to Investigate 2020 Democrats
Reporters still allowed to investigate Donald Trump

https://freebeacon.com/politics/bloomberg-news-tells-reporters-not-investigate-2020-democrats/

giphy.gif