• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

She's not Lois Einhorn! Steelers @ Dolphins in Miami, Game Thread

He's a mediocre coach in a great program.

Where were the great players that make up that great program today? Throwing interceptions, blowing assignments and missing tackles from what I could see.

Seriously ... that spiel from some of you is getting old. You're stuck with Tomlin whether you like it or not. So quit your bellyaching ... They got their assess kicked COLLECTIVELY. Players, coaches, hell, even the equipment manager for all we know. A terrible coach can and will lose you a lot of games ... Tomlin coached teams have NOT lost a lot of games. He ain't the best. He ain't the worst. He's ours though. and for the foreseeable future at that.

Tomlin is going to be around for a bit. And the guy is a smart coach. The problem is Ben needs to live for another day. Checkdowns all 2nd half to keep the chains moving. I don't live or die by sports. Win or lose. Just happy to see the Steelers/Pens play. But even I see Ben can make some bone headed decisions. In football it's more noticeable cause it's a slower paced game. Us hockey folks have put Sid and Geno on blast. Steelers still have opportunity to get **** done to compare. Season far from over

Tomlin is going to be around for a bit. And the guy is a smart coach. The problem is Ben needs to live for another day. Checkdowns all 2nd half to keep the chains moving. I don't live or die by sports. Win or lose. Just happy to see the Steelers/Pens play. But even I see Ben can make some bone headed decisions. In football it's more noticeable cause it's a slower paced game. Us hockey folks have put Sid and Geno on blast. Steelers still have opportunity to get **** done to compare. Season far from over

Evidence of this? Thanks

All AFC North teams lost this week.

This is what I find absolutely baffling about the Tomlin Steelers:

Last week vs Jets, 2:35 left, game won vs Jets, the Steelers throw the ball on 1st down.

This week, down by two TDs, 3:14 left in the game, the Steelers go :25 between plays.

Can anyone explain WTF?

Hurt players. I agree, show some urgency. But sometimes you have to accept the loss and move on

Butler is bad

He needs to be canned after the season.

I say after as they unfortunately won't do it during the season.

Even though that is what is needed.

Doesn't' matter. CMT and his staff should be able to coach him up or coach around his performance. He can't. Record shows it.

Lol, yeah the QB that we are always bragging up about being HOF material needs "coaching up" to learn to throw the ******* football to his WR's as opposed to the other team. Give....me....a....break.

Doesn't' matter. CMT and his staff should be able to coach him up or coach around his performance. He can't. Record shows it.

It does matter if your offensive game plan makes him the focal point. Means he needs to play well. That being said I think Bell needs to be the focal point..He is the most dynamic player we have

Lol, yeah the QB that we are always bragging up about being HOF material needs "coaching up" to learn to throw the ******* football to his WR's as opposed to the other team. Give....me....a....break.

Ben has his 3rd/4th checkdowns on underneath routes. Sometimes you take the 5-7 yards and open up the playbook

This is what I find absolutely baffling about the Tomlin Steelers:

Last week vs Jets, 2:35 left, game won vs Jets, the Steelers throw the ball on 1st down.

This week, down by two TDs, 3:14 left in the game, the Steelers go :25 between plays.

Can anyone explain WTF?

Some day HCMT will learn what those numbers on the scoreboard that keep going down during the game mean. It almost looks like a giant microwave to him, except I'm sure his just blinks 00:00 all the time.

Ben has his 3rd/4th checkdowns on underneath routes. Sometimes you take the 5-7 yards and open up the playbook

My point is, who is deciding which guy to throw to on those plays when he has all those options? Tomlin? Or the guy on the field that they have built the franchise around?

Sometimes the coach needs to pull the franchise QB to the side and tell him to run the ******* ball and take the underneath routes. That's what great coaches do. See Bradshaw, Terry.

Reactions: MTC
Evidence of this? Thanks

Wondering the same. When you score a TD and are up 6-3, with the ability to go up my 4, why do you go for 2? It just doesn't make sense. You take the 1 point to go up by 4. And the guy is just terrible at keeping the team focused when playing bad teams, I mean like, the worst.

My point is, who is deciding which guy to throw to on those plays when he has all those options? Tomlin? Or the guy on the field that they have built the franchise around?

That is up to Ben. The guy is our QB. But be smart. Football is not rocket science