• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Should the Steelers trade up or trade down?

Steelers have other needs besides T. That isn't their only need. Feel free to say what players you would take. Or would you rather wait until after the draft?

😁

The day the draft ends I will submit an article of who I would have taken. Why don't you do the same? We have other needs yes, which is why I am for trading down in round one staying in the round if offered.

The combine and pro days will give us additional information as did the senior bowl week practices and game. The draft board will change with these events.

If you are not sold on Pickett ( as I did not want him in round one last year ) my call was D. Lloyd, you might want to check out QB prospect Jake Heaner. The QB flat out played well and can pass for lot of yards per game. Yes his competition was mediocre, but so were the guys he was working with. At the senior bowl practices which features 100+ players drafted last year, and game he stood out, winning game MVP. He showed a good arm ( better than Pickett ) good release, pocket mobility, and was quick to pick things up ( probably a high Football IQ ) type of guy with a command in the huddle. Insanely accurate in college last year. ( 72% with few interceptions for the year in 3 thrown ) I think he would make a fine 3rd or 4th round pick for us and provide us with another cheap option at QB and hedge against Pickett who if you dig down, benefited form a defense the lead the NFL in interceptions, and passed for few yards. Who did he beat at QB, who? He did not complete the 5,6,7,8, or 9 or routes ( do you know what they are? ) as much as he needs too. Here this chart can help you understand what I am saying.

He mostly threw very short passes. And the Steelers can not plan on leading the NFL in interceptions for the defense again or for Pickett to be a game manager. I'd dump both Trubisky saving 8 million on the cap and let Rudolph go and sign a cheap veteran free agent.

Now do you want to talk football or continue with your sophomoric insults? If the answer is the first choice I will be here to chat. Your move.

Steelers have other needs besides T. That isn't their only need. Feel free to say what players you would take. Or would you rather wait until after the draft?

😁

The day the draft ends I will submit an article of who I would have taken. Why don't you do the same? We have other needs yes, which is why I am for trading down in round one staying in the round if offered.

The combine and pro days will give us additional information as did the senior bowl week practices and game. The draft board will change with these events.

If you are not sold on Pickett ( as I did not want him in round one last year ) my call was D. Lloyd, you might want to check out QB prospect Jake Heaner. The QB flat out played well and can pass for lot of yards per game. Yes his competition was mediocre, but so were the guys he was working with. At the senior bowl practices which features 100+ players drafted last year, and game he stood out, winning game MVP. He showed a good arm ( better than Pickett ) good release, pocket mobility, and was quick to pick things up ( probably a high Football IQ ) type of guy with a command in the huddle. Insanely accurate in college last year. ( 72% with few interceptions for the year in 3 thrown ) I think he would make a fine 3rd or 4th round pick for us and provide us with another cheap option at QB and hedge against Pickett who if you dig down, benefited from a defense the lead the NFL in interceptions, and passed for few yards. Who did he beat at QB, who? He did not complete the 5,6,7,8, or 9 or routes ( do you know what they are? ) as much as he needs too. Here this chart can help you understand what I am saying.

He mostly threw very short passes. And the Steelers can not plan on leading the NFL in interceptions for the defense again or for Pickett to be a game manager on the + side of turnovers. I'd dump both Trubisky saving 8 million on the cap and let Rudolph go and sign a cheap veteran free agent.

Now do you want to talk football or continue with your sophomoric insults? If the answer is the first choice I will be here to chat. Your move.

If you are not sold on Pickett ( as I did not want him in round one last year ) my call was D. Lloyd, you might want to check out QB prospect Jake Heaner. The QB flat out played well and can pass for lot of yards per game. Yes his competition was mediocre, but so were the guys he was working with. At the senior bowl practices which features 100+ players drafted last year, and game he stood out, winning game MVP. He showed a good arm ( better than Pickett ) good release, pocket mobility, and was quick to pick things up ( probably a high Football IQ ) type of guy with a command in the huddle. Insanely accurate in college last year. ( 72% with few interceptions for the year in 3 thrown ) I think he would make a fine 3rd or 4th round pick for us and provide us with another cheap option at QB and hedge against Pickett who if you dig down, benefited form a defense the lead the NFL in interceptions, and passed for few yards. Who did he beat at QB, who? He did not complete the 5,6,7,8, or 9 or routes ( do you know what they are? ) as much as he needs too. Here this chart can help you understand what I am saying.

He mostly threw very short passes. And the Steelers can not plan on leading the NFL in interceptions for the defense again or for Pickett to be a game manager. I'd dump both Trubisky saving 8 million on the cap and let Rudolph go and sign a cheap veteran free agent.

You should post live who are you taking. It's way easier knowing how the board ended

You should post live who are you taking. It's way easier knowing how the board ended
He has to wait until sites post their opinions so he knows who he would have taken.😁

If you are not sold on Pickett ( as I did not want him in round one last year ) my call was D. Lloyd, you might want to check out QB prospect Jake Heaner. The QB flat out played well and can pass for lot of yards per game. Yes his competition was mediocre, but so were the guys he was working with. At the senior bowl practices which features 100+ players drafted last year, and game he stood out, winning game MVP. He showed a good arm ( better than Pickett ) good release, pocket mobility, and was quick to pick things up ( probably a high Football IQ ) type of guy with a command in the huddle. Insanely accurate in college last year. ( 72% with few interceptions for the year in 3 thrown ) I think he would make a fine 3rd or 4th round pick for us and provide us with another cheap option at QB and hedge against Pickett who if you dig down, benefited from a defense the lead the NFL in interceptions, and passed for few yards. Who did he beat at QB, who? He did not complete the 5,6,7,8, or 9 or routes ( do you know what they are? ) as much as he needs too. Here this chart can help you understand what I am saying.

He mostly threw very short passes. And the Steelers can not plan on leading the NFL in interceptions for the defense again or for Pickett to be a game manager on the + side of turnovers. I'd dump both Trubisky saving 8 million on the cap and let Rudolph go and sign a cheap veteran free agent.

First off cooch, we aren't drafting a QB or RB again high so get over your Kenny hatred.

Second off, I see you tweaked it from has ( per planet) to probably has a higher football IQ. Either or is ridiculous assumption based on nothing remotely factual. In other words typical cooch nonsense.

Stronger arm based off what? More cooch nonsense.

If you don't want to be poked with the poking stick stop plagiarizing other sites **** and come up who you want before the draft. Most people on this site have posted over and over again who we/they want. Go take the time to read the threads... Or don't.

In last draft's thread I posted I wanted McDuffie but was ok with the team getting Pickett

Walter Football, and hindsight.......a cooch's best friend
I just want to know why his DNA test showed up in my mailbox. I accidentally opened it oops. It read:

72% window licker
28% twatwaffle
0% draftnik
0% Joel Buchsbaum or any related genetics

I almost feel guilty reading the results sorry cooch.

sniff

Must be allergies...

It sure would be nice if there was no delay on the TV coverage so that everyone hears the picks at the same time. I know when you go on Twitter it’s way ahead of the TV coverage. But we all should definitely post who we want as soon as the Steelers are on the clock.

Somewhat unrelated to the topic and certainly to Cooch's picks, but can anyone explain this to me. Pickett's hand size was talked about ad nauseum last year. I never saw an issue in the actual games other than maybe a little inaccuracy at times with the gloves etc. I didn't see him turnover the ball fumbling anymore than anyone else. YET the fact that Bryce Young is barely 6 feet and under 200lbs is a nothing burger of discussion and he is still at the top of the draft.

Somewhat unrelated to the topic and certainly to Cooch's picks, but can anyone explain this to me. Pickett's hand size was talked about ad nauseum last year. I never saw an issue in the actual games other than maybe a little inaccuracy at times with the gloves etc. I didn't see him turnover the ball fumbling anymore than anyone else. YET the fact that Bryce Young is barely 6 feet and under 200lbs is a nothing burger of discussion and he is still at the top of the draft.
I'm hoping a QB goes with the first 10 picks.

First off cooch, we aren't drafting a QB or RB again high so get over your Kenny hatred.

Second off, I see you tweaked it from has ( per planet) to probably has a higher football IQ. Either or is ridiculous assumption based on nothing remotely factual. In other words typical cooch nonsense.

Stronger arm based off what? More cooch nonsense.

If you don't want to be poked with the poking stick stop plagiarizing other sites **** and come up who you want before the draft. Most people on this site have posted over and over again who we/they want. Go take the time to read the threads... Or don't.
My post was fine. Who doesn't have a higher football IQ? I would say that Haener will score well above Pickett's low wonderlic score of 17. Wouldn't you?:) It is the only IQ like test I am aware of and Qb's or anyone who scores a 17 or below is a moron:) He's keeping Lamar who scored a 12 company.

You may be overjoyed with Harris lousy YPC average and few big plays vs. the run and pass. I'm not. I want better. There is a reason why the Steelers dialed down Harris usage and why Warren averaged MUCH better running and catching the ball in the same offense. Hmmm... My thoughts are my own. I haven't quoted Walter Football in years. Now are you going to list who you would have drafted the day after like I do, or is that too much work for you to handle? I do it. You don't. I say it, you forget about it in general.

Keep stalking me at other boards, and what you think other posters say there. You only post here, right? An answer would be appreciated if you don't. It is a bit obsessive don't you think? SlashVag it's you move. You can agree to list who you would have drafted the day after like I do.

My post was fine. Who doesn't have a higher football IQ? I would say that Haener will score well above Pickett's low wonderlic score of 17. Wouldn't you?:) It is the only IQ like test I am aware of and Qb's or anyone who scores a 17 or below is a moron:) He's keeping Lamar who scored a 12 company.

You may be overjoyed with Harris lousy YPC average and few big plays vs. the run and pass. I'm not. I want better. There is a reason why the Steelers dialed down Harris usage and why Warren averaged MUCH better running and catching the ball in the same offense. Hmmm... My thoughts are my own. I haven't quoted Walter Football in years. Now are you going to list who you would have drafted the day after like I do, or is that too much work for you to handle? I do it. You don't. I say it, you forget about it in general.

Keep stalking me at other boards, and what you think other posters say there. You only post here, right? An answer would be appreciated if you don't. It is a bit obsessive don't you think? SlashVag it's you move. You can agree to list who you would have drafted the day after like I do.
No I don't post there I just peek in for a laugh. Which you normally provide.

So a wonderlic shows football IQ? 😅 Cooch you ignorant slut.

Why would I need to post them afterwards I already posted them prior.

I like:

Paris T- probably off the board
Skor G - probably off the board
Broderick 50/50 chance to be there
Cam CB
Spoon CB

That is my @17s

And no RB or again QB will be picked 1-4.

Ok go ahead and post who you like @ 17.

Peeking in to see your funny ridiculous isn't stalking. You might want to clean up that one post where you say the QB isn't a statute in the pocket though. Just to help yinz out ya know. So you don't look like a maroon.

You are welcome.

Well Pickett wears two pair of gloves to help him get grip of the ball and is one if the only QB's I can think of the had under 9 " hands.

He also got dined up a bit to easily in the NFL and might prove to have concussion issues when hit.

Young's official measurements will come out if he attends the combine and allows to be measured and weighed. He looks to be about 5'11 and weighs about 190 pounds. The Alabama listings are not to be taken seriously. NFL measurements have a way of shrinking certain players.

But his injury history and harder hits he will take in the NFL ( he won't enjoy the same protection in the nfl ) are the issues. He does not appear to have tiny hands.

Aside for his lack of size injury history he passes well enough and has a good but not great arm, but is not that accurate at 64.5% last year and we sacked a bit much in 12 games played. He won't be featured as a runner in the NFL by design.

Last edited:
No I don't post there I just peek in for a laugh. Which you normally provide.

So a wonderlic shows football IQ? 😅 Cooch you ignorant slut.

Why would I need to post them afterwards I already posted them prior.

I like:

Paris T- probably off the board
Skor G - probably off the board
Broderick 50/50 chance to be there
Cam CB
Spoon CB

That is my @17s

And no RB or again QB will be picked 1-4.

Ok go ahead and post who you like @ 17.

Peeking in to see your funny ridiculous isn't stalking. You might want to clean up that one post where you say the QB isn't a statute in the pocket though. Just to help yinz out ya know. So you don't look like a maroon.

You are welcome.

WitherSpoon not will last to pick #17? :lol: Boderick is not 50.50 to be on the broad either. Good Tackles and Corner backs go early.

Well Pickett wears two pair of gloves to help him get grip of the ball and is one if the only QB's I can think of the had under 9 " hands.

He also got dined up a bit to easily in the NFL and might prove to have concussion issues when hit.

Young's official measurements will come out if he attends the combine and allows to be measured and weighed. He looks to be about 5'11 and weighs about 190 pounds. The Alabama listings are not to be taken seriously. NFL measurements have a way of shrinking certain players.

But his injury history and harder hits he will take in the NFL ( he won't enjoy the same protection in the nfl ) are the issues. He does not appear to have tiny hands.

Aside for his lack of size injury history he passes well enough and has a good but not great arm, but is not that accurate at 64.5% last year and we sacked a bit much in 12 games played. He won't be featured as a runner in the NFL by design.
And yet considered a top 5 prospect. Which is my point. Why do these narratives take hold. There was nothing said about concussion or durability pre draft with KP. He sustained 1.25 concussions last year as I do not count one's where you don't miss a start btw.

WitherSpoon not will last to pick #17? :lol: Boderick is not 50.50 to be on the broad either. Good Tackles and Corner backs go early.
So neither will be there huh..

Wanna bet?

😁