• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Show of Hands....

Do you actually hunt with a military style semi-auto weapon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
are you sure?

I mean, someone here DID get roughed up by a deer once.

Silhouette Hunting

For what it is worth, I don't hunt anymore. Have not for years.

If it operates exactly like a "non military style" version, why wouldn't you use the "military style" weapon to hunt?

I'd feel comfortable using it if I was shooting up to 100 yards. Over that, I'd want a longer barreled rifle and a lot more practice. Also depends on the game, I suppose. If I were to hunt wild boar, I don't think I'm going to be using a .223 and would switch to the 30-30.

I don't know a single person that bought their AR for hunting.

I also don't know a single person who bought their AR for the sole purpose of committing mass murder.

I know a lot of people who bought AR's for self defense. Mostly self defense from the people who are hell bent on taking their rights. And those who are hell bent on giving theirs away.

I mean this should be easy. Stop incremental gun control. Repeal the 2nd Amendment. Just put the bill on the floor of the house. Bet no one votes for it.

To the hysterical left, everyone's a criminal!

Suspension Upheld for Boy Who Chewed Pastry Into Gun Shape

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- A judge has upheld the suspension of a Maryland elementary school student who chewed his breakfast pastry into the shape of a gun and pretended to shoot classmates.

Anne Arundel County Circuit Judge Ronald Silkworth ruled this week that the school system could reasonably consider the 7-year-old boy's actions disruptive and a two-day suspension was appropriate.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-06-16-17-19-39

To the hysterical left, everyone's a criminal!

Suspension Upheld for Boy Who Chewed Pastry Into Gun Shape

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- A judge has upheld the suspension of a Maryland elementary school student who chewed his breakfast pastry into the shape of a gun and pretended to shoot classmates.

Anne Arundel County Circuit Judge Ronald Silkworth ruled this week that the school system could reasonably consider the 7-year-old boy's actions disruptive and a two-day suspension was appropriate.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-06-16-17-19-39

This is who we should be focusing on...radical pop-tart eating second graders. ISIS is just the JV squad. Good job!

How about a show of hands for people who are going to use their AR-15's and other guns to shoot libtards in the next civil war? *raises hand*

I have 4 AR "style" rifles, I do not use any for hunting of animals. Mine are all chambered for .338 rounds, and only for hunting of armored humans. They are for the upcoming civil unrest, and will be quite lethal.

How about a show of hands for people who are going to use their AR-15's and other guns to shoot libtards in the next civil war? *raises hand*

shooting the mentally handicapped is really in bad taste

I have never owned or touched any gun in my life. Still believe in anyone's right to own any gun they want.

It's been amazing to me over the last several days how many people do not understand that an AR-15 functions no differently than any semi-automatic rifle. Most people think it's a machine gun. When I tell people that "assault weapons" and "automatic weapons" have been banned for decades they look at me like I'm nuts.

an AR-15 functions no differently than any semi-automatic rifle. Most people think it's a machine gun. When I tell people that "assault weapons" and "automatic weapons" have been banned for decades they look at me like I'm nuts.
that's right....almost every semi-auto functions the same way.....and compared to a lever action, a bolt action, or a pump....they might as well be a machine gun.

that's why people buy them.

that's right....almost every semi-auto functions the same way.....and compared to a lever action, a bolt action, or a pump....they might as well be a machine gun.

that's why people buy them.

So you are in favor of banning all semi-automatic weapons?

not at all, in fact, I have not once said that.

I didn't say you had...I'm just kind of confused by your poll question. What does it matter what somebody hunts with? Should people not hunt with something that is scary and military looking, even if it functions exactly like a traditional hunting rifle? Any reason why?

Ever actually gone hunting with a AR-15 or it's equivalent?

Yes.

Even though the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting.

Hunted deer and wild hog with a Bushmaster AR that was still identical to the M16A2 without the 3 round burst select fire down to a bayonet lug. It was the only rifle I owned at the time. Wish I still owned that rifle.

Shot Coyotes and Jack Rabbits with my Norinco SKS sporter.

Had a friend growing up that hunted deer with an M1 Garand.

What exactly is your point?

there are other better rifles.

I was actually waiting for someone to bring up varminting.

did you eat the coyotes or jack rabbits?

the fur balls that were left?

cooked slowly in tomato sauce, even?