• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So about how those blue states are economic engines driving the economy ...

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, not so much.

California tax revenues down 24.5%, New York tax revenues down 19.5%, Massachusetts tax revenues down 5.8%.

"But, but, but ... that's because of the imbecile in the White House!"

Florida tax revenue up 9%, Louisiana up 6.3%, South Dakota up 10.9%, Texas up 12.2%.

Huh. If only we could determine a common factor between these states and these numbers, something to do with the people who run the jails and have the power to take your money.

Marc Goldwein, senior policy director for the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, said the dynamic reflects core differences between states’ tax bases. California and New York saw their populations shrink by about 294,000 residents in the year through July 1, 2022, while Florida and Texas added about 888,000 residents collectively, according to Census Bureau data.

Cannot for the life of me figure out what people are fleeing California and New York and moving to Texas and Florida. Maybe the terrible weather in California? Or the progressive trans policies in Texas and Florida?

This stuff is so mystifying.

New York has the stock exchange and California has the tech companies. As those businesses move out people will see the truth of it. All the commodities, farming, mining/ oil CC and gas extraction and manufacturing are done in the flyover country red states.

New York has the stock exchange and California has the tech companies. As those businesses move out people will see the truth of it. All the commodities, farming, mining/ oil CC and gas extraction and manufacturing are done in the flyover country red states.

New York has always benefited from the need of businesses and individuals to be close to the city… with telecommuting being accepted now, that ain’t true no more… California too… you can live where you like and still meet with clients, employees and suppliers without having to actually be there…

Without those old outdated philosophies keeping people and businesses tied to just doing whatever those marxist local governments were forcing on them, people are leaving in droves… and now they are going to have to cut back on goofy spending because raising taxes higher will just drive more away

7raev6.jpg

Laffer_curve.svg

Raise taxes too much and you get less tax revenue, not more.
Liberals fail to understand this. They have always believed that if you raise taxes, say 10%, then tax revenues will go up 10% for infinity.

"We have one of the most progressive tax codes in the United States, which is a good thing. Which means the richer you are, the more you pay. However, that presents a very fragile economy because then you are relying on a very small number of people for the vast amount of your tax dollars. One percent of the taxpayers pay nearly half of all the taxes. One percent pay nearly half of all those taxes. Those one percent are the richest people in the state, they're the richest people in the country, and they are the most mobile people in the country. And you see the chart on the bottom. Top one percent - about 46 percent. Top five percent - 63 percent of all the revenue. Top 10 percent - 74 percent of all the revenue. Tax the rich, tax the rich, tax the rich. We did. Now, God forbid the rich leave." -- Former NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo

Last edited:
Laffer_curve.svg

Liberals fail to understand this. They have always believed that if you raise taxes, say 10%, then tax revenues will go up 10% for infinity.

"We have one of the most progressive tax codes in the United States, which is a good thing. Which means the richer you are, the more you pay. However, that presents a very fragile economy because then you are relying on a very small number of people for the vast amount of your tax dollars. One percent of the taxpayers pay nearly half of all the taxes. One percent pay nearly half of all those taxes. Those one percent are the richest people in the state, they're the richest people in the country, and they are the most mobile people in the country. And you see the chart on the bottom. Top one percent - about 46 percent. Top five percent - 63 percent of all the revenue. Top 10 percent - 74 percent of all the revenue. Tax the rich, tax the rich, tax the rich. We did. Now, God forbid the rich leave." -- Former NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo
It's almost Lafferable.

Laffer_curve.svg

QBR

It's just the racist ones leaving. If they just raise the taxes more, they will get the revenues back up again.

It's just the racist ones leaving. If they just raise the taxes more, they will get the revenues back up again.
Of course.

If I know one thing for sure, it's that the rich love giving their money to the government. Just like at that famous artist, Hunter Biden. He constantly paid more than he owed!

Here’s a question for Joe:
“Is Hunter rich and does he pay his fair share?”
Joe will get so angry that he’ll poop his pants again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...s-economy-favors-its-wealth-job-opportunities

You bet. I can give a first hand account of this. I've never seen anything like it in my 33 years in florida. From here in Northeast Florida down to Miami. The growth is at warp speed.

You bet. I can give a first hand account of this. I've never seen anything like it in my 33 years in florida. From here in Northeast Florida down to Miami. The growth is at warp speed.
And I can’t friggen leave PA because I have to take care of my mother.

Here's the explanation for why more taxes are collected with lower rates opposed to higher

Don't hate me for this Ron but Throw Mama from the Train instantly popped into my mind.

No offense taken. Wife and I watched Driving Miss Daisey the other night and that's a lot more accurate.
Mom is 87 and a little bit frail, doesn't smoke or drink but her anxiety level has been through the roof for decades, all the heart attacks, strokes, and diabetes are on her side of the family yet she gets none of that, cholesterol has been over 300 for decades while on medication for it, she eats burgers and fries from Wendy's once or twice a day for the last 20 years, puts extra salt on everything, pounds a case of Diet Coke a week, survived breast cancer three times, and has no major health problems. She is the embodiment that healthy living is overrated.

Mom is 87 and a little bit frail, doesn't smoke or drink but her anxiety level has been through the roof for decades, all the heart attacks, strokes, and diabetes are on her side of the family yet she gets none of that, cholesterol has been over 300 for decades while on medication for it, she eats burgers and fries from Wendy's once or twice a day for the last 20 years, puts extra salt on everything, pounds a case of Diet Coke a week, survived breast cancer three times, and has no major health problems. She is the embodiment that healthy living is overrated.

Mother-in-law is 91. She drank like a fish until she was 89, then just stopped when the doctor told her she suffering severe hypotension (yes, it's a thing) and that the drinking was presenting a health hazard. The somewhat hilarious thing about her is that she had this massive wine glass, damn near as big as a beer mug, and would fill it to the TOP twice every evening for her evening potable. She would brag about how she had "just two glasses of wine" every evening. I pointed out that her "glass" was pretty much three times the traditional restaurant serving so she was basically having six glasses of wine.

So I asked, "Why not just have six glasses of wine?" She looked at me like I was a talking dog.

No offense taken. Wife and I watched Driving Miss Daisey the other night and that's a lot more accurate.

She is rare. There's definitely something in genetics. I wish I could define what it is with certain people and bottle it in a pill. The same goes for people with extremely high natural metabolisms. They can eat anything and not gain weight. If I could bottle that,I'd make Elon Musk look poor..haha.

All kidding aside you give yourself much better odds by leading a healthy lifestyle and what quality of life you'll have as you draw closer to its end.

And with that being said. Good health is only the slowest possible rate of which you will die. Very few of us are afforded the luxury of passing away peacefully in our sleep, with full faculties, at 107.

She is rare. There's definitely something in genetics. I wish I could define what it is with certain people and bottle it in a pill. The same goes for people with extremely high natural metabolisms. They can eat anything and not gain weight. If I could bottle that,I'd make Elon Musk look poor..haha.

All kidding aside you give yourself much better odds by leading a healthy lifestyle and what quality of life you'll have as you draw closer to its end.

And with that being said. Good health is only the slowest possible rate of which you will die. Very few of us are afforded the luxury of passing away peacefully in our sleep, with full faculties, at 107.
I used to be like that. Spent the first half of my life trying to gain weight. Been in the gym regularly for over 20 years, never ate stupid except for a weakness for cinnamon rolls, never overweight, never smoked except for the occasional cigar, never drank a lot, yet I'm the one who gets The Beetus. Upside, now I'm forced to eat healthy whether I want to or not. Oddly, out of my mom's parents and three siblings she was the only one who didn't smoke and the only one who got cancer.

Mother-in-law is 91. She drank like a fish until she was 89, then just stopped when the doctor told her she suffering severe hypotension (yes, it's a thing) and that the drinking was presenting a health hazard. The somewhat hilarious thing about her is that she had this massive wine glass, damn near as big as a beer mug, and would fill it to the TOP twice every evening for her evening potable. She would brag about how she had "just two glasses of wine" every evening. I pointed out that her "glass" was pretty much three times the traditional restaurant serving so she was basically having six glasses of wine.

So I asked, "Why not just have six glasses of wine?" She looked at me like I was a talking dog.
My great-grandmother (dad's grandmother) came to the U.S. when she was 14. Horrible diet although she was a phenomenal cook, smoked like a chimney until she was 90 and just quit cold turkey one day because her arthritis got too bad to flick the lighter. Passed away in 1991 a month shy of 94 years old and I don't think she ever spent a day in the hospital.

Last edited:
I used to be like that. Spent the first half of my life trying to gain weight. Been in the gym regularly for over 20 years, never ate stupid except for a weakness for cinnamon rolls, never overweight, never smoked except for the occasional cigar, never drank a lot, yet I'm the one who gets The Beetus. Upside, now I'm forced to eat healthy whether I want to or not. Oddly, out of my mom's parents and three siblings she was the only one who didn't smoke and the only one who got cancer.

My great-grandmother (dad's grandmother) came to the U.S. when she was 14. Horrible diet although she was a phenomenal cook, smoked like a chimney until she was 90 and just quit cold turkey one day because her arthritis got too bad to flick the lighter. Passed away in 1991 a month shy of 94 years old and I don't think she ever spent a day in the hospital.

My grandmother passed away last year at 90, her mother lived to be 96 and had 14 kids.

Both of them lived very clean lifestyles.

Now my grandmother beat cancer twice and said the hell with it on her 3rd and final bout with it in her cheek. She didn't want to look like a monster in her coffin from being carved up.