• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So is there any trade value in Pouncey?

Earlier I had mentioned that the browns may be looking to move Thomas and Mack... both are around 30 and wont be useful in the rebuild they are doing... pouncey is 26. I would absolutely move him for them. that lets Ben close out his career with a stud center and LT

I don't even think the computer GM on Madden considers a deal like this.

I wish we could have Mack and Thomas, but not at the expense of Bell, Brown, or another receiver. Due to money, Beachum is gone, unless it's a 1yr deal and low. We're playing the cap game now.

I wish we could have Mack and Thomas, but not at the expense of Bell, Brown, or another receiver. Due to money, Beachum is gone, unless it's a 1yr deal and low. We're playing the cap game now.

Steelers are in better cap shape than in recent years past.

With a T coming off a short span of career film and a injury anddddd not ideal measurements... really no reason they can't afford a player that shouldn't command a lot on the market.

Steelers really don't have a player that is a free agent that will command top dollar.

Obvious question marks should lower each free agents appeal.

Beachum- Is he really a LT can he stay healthy?
Gay- How much to you pay a CB that fits best in the slot?
Mclendon- Didn't play much and isn't much of a pass rusher and isn't a stud against the run.
Boykin- Eagles shipped him off, and Steelers played him little. How good is he really? as is he really just a slot corner?

I would think next years potential free agents are easily more attractive than this lot.

Mack has a no trade clause and can void his contract. He's like to choose free agency this offseason.

We did miss a beat. We missed alot of beats. We won despite Wallace not because. We worked around his limitations. Good coaching. Again we are much better with Pouncey. Able to do more things scheme wise.

Yep Get to the 2nd level blocking. Wallace got pushed around at times but so did Pouncey. In the end Wallace and his salary was a better value than Pouncey and his.

Steelers are in better cap shape than in recent years past.

With a T coming off a short span of career film and a injury anddddd not ideal measurements... really no reason they can't afford a player that shouldn't command a lot on the market.

Steelers really don't have a player that is a free agent that will command top dollar.

Obvious question marks should lower each free agents appeal.

Beachum- Is he really a LT can he stay healthy?
Gay- How much to you pay a CB that fits best in the slot?
Mclendon- Didn't play much and isn't much of a pass rusher and isn't a stud against the run.
Boykin- Eagles shipped him off, and Steelers played him little. How good is he really? as is he really just a slot corner?

I would think next years potential free agents are easily more attractive than this lot.

I hear you, so the Mack and Pouncey contracts essentially are about the same, so they cancel out. Thomas is a top 5 LT and is paid like one. It may not hurt next year's team, but it would hurt the team 2 years from know when we have to resign Bell, Wheaton, and Brown. That's a lot of cash for those guys. It's why Beachum will not be our LT of the future when Villa is playing that position for a cool mil. Beachum may resign as a backup or LG, but he won't break the bank.

Boykin, Blake, and Gay can all be resigned and won't break the bank (though I hope we pass on Blake). I don't mind if McClendon walks. I hope to pick up a mid tier run stopping NT for less money anyway.