• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So is there any trade value in Pouncey?

Amazing the Madden GMs we have on this board. Wallace got blown up consistently this year, at one point I would have rather seen Legursky start. I realize Pouncey has had problems staying on the field, but like coryea said, these aren't injuries from him being soft. These are guys rolling into him. Pouncey is dominant when he's on the field. Get over yourselves, when Pouncey isn't getting rolled into he's downfield blocking and making the Pro Bowl.

IMHO, Pouncey hasn't been close to "dominant" since his rookie year. He's good, and yes, he's better than Wallace, but dominant? Eh, I don't think so.

I don't like Pouncey as a person, based on his relationship and behavior as it relates to Aaron Hernandez and their activities in Florida. I'd dump him for a 4th if thats all we could get for him, draft a guy or sign a vet FA, I'd simply prefer not to see him in Black and Gold anymore. Just my opinion.

IMHO, Pouncey hasn't been close to "dominant" since his rookie year. He's good, and yes, he's better than Wallace, but dominant? Eh, I don't think so.

You must have missed him 2 years ago. When he was healthy. And our offense was the #1 passing attack in the league...

You must have missed him 2 years ago. When he was healthy. And our offense was the #1 passing attack in the league...

I dont think we skipped a beat without him this season...plus with all the other injuries and suspensions to add into the mix also. In the end he is here to stay. I just think he is over paid and over rated.

Maybe Ben doesn't get sacked at the end of the Denver game with Pouncey in there.

The Steelers rarely give players a third contract but I am extremely confident that they think he is a necessary cog in the wheel if you will, give him a big extension for three years, and he will spend at least one year and maybe two on IR.

Wallace ranked as the 36th center this season according to PFF.

Pouncey gets(at least) 1 more year.

They'll restructure him and he'll play for about a 6m hit in 2016. If he has another injury plagued season they can move on before 2017 and either take (basically) a wash on his salary by cutting him or can June first him and take 5m vs 2017 and approx 6m vs 2018.

(All figures are rounded/approximate and are based on them restructuring his 2016 hit).

Pouncey gets(at least) 1 more year.

They'll restructure him and he'll play for about a 6m hit in 2016. If he has another injury plagued season they can move on before 2017 and either take (basically) a wash on his salary by cutting him or can June first him and take 5m vs 2017 and approx 6m vs 2018.

(All figures are rounded/approximate and are based on them restructuring his 2016 hit).

I don't give him more than a one year deal. If he doesn't like it, there's the door.

I don't give him more than a one year deal. If he doesn't like it, there's the door.

He is already signed until 2018 but has been restructuring every season pushing dead money into the contract.

This "dead" money is partly what got us into "CAP HELL" territory. Find a way to lessen that dead money. Keep him as long as he is HEALTHY and capable to exit the dead money. If he gets one more major "duece sweat pant" injury, cut ties.

Salute the nation

Wallace ranked as the 36th center this season according to PFF.

That's pretty ******* tough to do, considering there are only 32 teams. I didn't like Wallace at all. He's below the line for a center, if you will.

That's pretty ******* tough to do, considering there are only 32 teams. I didn't like Wallace at all. He's below the line for a center, if you will.

Yet somehow Wallace was more important to us this season than Pouncey. Seems we have been able to plug anyone into the center position and not miss a beat. We have done it now for multiple seasons.

Yet somehow Wallace was more important to us this season than Pouncey. Seems we have been able to plug anyone into the center position and not miss a beat. We have done it now for multiple seasons.

We did miss a beat. We missed alot of beats. We won despite Wallace not because. We worked around his limitations. Good coaching. Again we are much better with Pouncey. Able to do more things scheme wise.

the penetration wallace allowed vs both atkins and and the dt's the horses were rotating just manhandled Wallace, with pouncey at least 3/ of the 6-7 sacks ben took with Pouncey no way does ben just sacked easily asa dt blows up the a or b gap, Pouncey is a all pro and for this spread O with many zone read runs for bell you cannot trade him, we finally have the pieces of a solid ol since Superbowl xl. Many of us have seen the **** lines that were put to protect ben and led to several injures, and with those OL, the Bruce didnt change the O leading to his exit, a year in indy and since he got to zona he then changed of by copying a lot of typical Brady, manning, ben 2013 and going to the quick release mix of the west coast while still maintaining a an offence that wants to throw deep.
We need Beachum back,, Foster at the right price, as a timmons extension can increase current CAP ROOM, The players to talk to about pay cuts are Heyward, Mitchell and ben to play for lower base salaries traded for large july 1 bonus. We need Weddle, Beachum back, and if a better NT is going to be out there then Mclendon, he had some tackles but on key cj runs was just washed away.

Pouncey doesn't need help to block one guy. Wallace does. Wallace led our O line in penalties, and I believe he was up there for leading the league.

Wallace made more of an impact this season only due to Pouncey being injured. He isn't more important to Pouncey, he's a weak link that needs to be managed. Moving forward I try and find another center to replace Wallace, because I don't want him running point moving forward, if there is another Pouncey injury.

Oh, and it looks like Dave is stealing articles from our forum:

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ding-c-maurkice-pouncey-during-the-offseason/

We did miss a beat. We missed alot of beats. We won despite Wallace not because. We worked around his limitations. Good coaching. Again we are much better with Pouncey. Able to do more things scheme wise.

I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. Unfortunately, with Pouncey suffering so many injuries, it is easy to make the assumption that a guy like Wallace can step in and the offense will perform just as well.

Last year, Pouncey was All-Pro and had four penalties for 30 yards and two sacks allowed for 10 yards. This year, Wallace had 11 penalties for 110 yards and 6.5 sacks allowed for 37.5 yards. I don't know the context of the plays, but on the surface, that is 107.5 yard difference. I get the frustrations, but give me Pouncey in this lineup over a guy like Wallace.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ding-c-maurkice-pouncey-during-the-offseason/

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't move pouncey for a CB or anything like that, but there are package deals I would absolutely move him for. in any case Wallace wouldn't be a long term answer... he is barely a backup...

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't move pouncey for a CB or anything like that, but there are package deals I would absolutely move him for. in any case Wallace wouldn't be a long term answer... he is barely a backup...

Package deals hummm

not sure even then.

I want the best possible linemen protecting the most vital position on the team , QB.

I think the O-line will extend Ben's career, or not.

I think you avoid the not by holding onto the players that can pass protect the best.

Package deals hummm

not sure even then.

I want the best possible linemen protecting the most vital position on the team , QB.

I think the O-line will extend Ben's career, or not.

I think you avoid the not by holding onto the players that can pass protect the best.

Earlier I had mentioned that the browns may be looking to move Thomas and Mack... both are around 30 and wont be useful in the rebuild they are doing... pouncey is 26. I would absolutely move him for them. that lets Ben close out his career with a stud center and LT

Earlier I had mentioned that the browns may be looking to move Thomas and Mack... both are around 30 and wont be useful in the rebuild they are doing... pouncey is 26. I would absolutely move him for them. that lets Ben close out his career with a stud center and LT

I would be ok with that scenario. But I think the Browns would want more than just Pouncey...

I would be ok with that scenario. But I think the Browns would want more than just Pouncey...

I think Pouncey has the 1st round+ value they were looking rumored to be for, but I don't think the steelers are trade friendly so its all academic