• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So, no discussion of the noose found.......

bubba-trophy.jpg

I saw the Watters interview with Bubba on Faux. It was clear Bubba didn't want to be there and his body language was defiant and self-righteous. He knew he had to come on since so many NASCAR viewers are Fox viewers. Watters really tiptoed as well. It's like they were all doing a dance to keep the marriage going somehow as strange bedfellows.

I saw the Watters interview with Bubba on Faux. It was clear Bubba didn't want to be there and his body language was defiant and self-righteous. He knew he had to come on since so many NASCAR viewers are Fox viewers. Watters really tiptoed as well. It's like they were all doing a dance to keep the marriage going somehow as strange bedfellows.

It was awkward to watch. I was hoping Waters would put his feet to the fire but he didn't. Wallace was defensive and was a very unlikable character.

I think BLM has overplayed their hand and many black people do not support them.

Which I won't be if they disrespect the flag. And a lot of other proud patriotic Americans will follow suit either by partially not watching, game to game, or not at all.

Slash is 100% correct. I own a lot of Steelers gear, watch every Steelers game I possibly can, watch a lot of football.

The NFL wants to join the "hate whitey" game? **** off, I have better things to do with my time and money.

It was awkward to watch. I was hoping Waters would put his feet to the fire but he didn't. Wallace was defensive and was a very unlikable character.

Watters was really handling with kid gloves. I hadn't watched much NASCAR since Dale died, but wow, the sport is so hollowed out now from its old character and passion. Totally PC and corporate now.

What's so funny is that over at Wexell's Scout Board, they tell me that nothing will affect NFL ratings. They say that kneeling will not seriously impact viewership. I keep telling them a lot of people are just about done with it, and they keep reminding me I'm the village idiot.

The NBA has announced they will paint BLM on all their courts when they resume. I hadn't watched any games in several years, but this is clearly where all sports are going. Much like the stampede of business and sports to cancel and get in goose step with Covid-1984, this is where all sports are going now.

We know it will be a very prominent part of the NFL, and the players have bought the lies as useful idiots. It will be up to people to turn it off and not support domestic enemies of the Constitution and civil order.

Last edited:
Slash is 100% correct. I own a lot of Steelers gear, watch every Steelers game I possibly can, watch a lot of football.

The NFL wants to join the "hate whitey" game? **** off, I have better things to do with my time and money.

It is one of the benefits of living in a warm weather state, as opposed to being house bound and limited with what you can do outside.

I see the NFL as entertainment. The thing that cracks me up is these athletes are richer than 90% of Americans and are fighting for equality. They have the means to make a real difference instead of just blabbing to the media and taking a knee. Black communities should be calling these athletes out. With that being said i really don't care what they say or do politically I will still watch.

Which I won't be if they disrespect the flag. And a lot of other proud patriotic Americans will follow suit either by partially not watching, game to game, or not at all.

I'm one of them. Let the others here who say "it doesn't bother me" inadvertently support the act by watching and supporting the NFL. I'm about 90% sure (I keep saying this) I'm done with the NFL. The NFL is no longer about sports, it's about Social issues and Social Justice. And in so doing, they pander to athletes that would change customs and insult our flag, our country, her citizens, her veterans.

**** the NFL. I won't support that ****.

What's so funny is that over at Wexell's Scout Board, they tell me that nothing will affect NFL ratings. They say that kneeling will not seriously impact viewership. I keep telling them a lot of people are just about done with it, and they keep reminding me I'm the village idiot.

The NBA has announced they will paint BLM on all their courts when they resume. I hadn't watched any games in several years, but this is clearly where all sports are going. Much like the stampede of business and sports to cancel and get in goose step with Covid-1984, this is where all sports are going now.

We know it will be a very prominent part of the NFL, and the players have bought the lies as useful idiots. It will be up to people to turn it off and not support domestic enemies of the Constitution and civil order.

it already did affect ratings the last time they did the protests. That's why they stopped showing the kneelers on TV and the players stopped doing it because it started to hurt their wallets. They came up with every excuse in the book why ratings were down, but they were clearly down.

This will be the kneeling on steroids. Ratings will be good at first because people will be starved for sports, but it will drop off fast if the protests become a focus. It will have a ripple effect as well. Fewer subscriptions to Sunday Ticket and redzone. Fewer merch sales. Lower ratings on sports talk and TV shows. Less page clicks on websites.

Trump edges into NASCAR..........

Eb3U6lnXYAQL5bh

NASCAR fans this weekend will see a prominent political advertisement racing around the track as driver Corey LaJoie's car is plastered with a "'Trump 2020' paint scheme.'"

The move comes as the pro-Trump Patriots of America PAC teams up in a sponsorship with Go Fas Racing and LaJoie.

"With an estimated 75 million NASCAR fans out there, I was surprised that about 15 million of those fans are not registered voters," LaJoie said. "I will give my best effort to get NASCAR fans registered to vote, through our team efforts on and off the track. When they see the car, hopefully it makes them race to the polls in November."

Trump edges into NASCAR..........

Eb3U6lnXYAQL5bh

NASCAR fans this weekend will see a prominent political advertisement racing around the track as driver Corey LaJoie's car is plastered with a "'Trump 2020' paint scheme.'"

The move comes as the pro-Trump Patriots of America PAC teams up in a sponsorship with Go Fas Racing and LaJoie.

"With an estimated 75 million NASCAR fans out there, I was surprised that about 15 million of those fans are not registered voters," LaJoie said. "I will give my best effort to get NASCAR fans registered to vote, through our team efforts on and off the track. When they see the car, hopefully it makes them race to the polls in November."

aka, "NASCAR goes into damage control after insulting their entire fan base and fears continued loss of business". They probably went from team to team saying, "Somebody please put a Trump decal on their car so people will watch our races!"

When is the NFL contract with DirecTv up for renewal? It'll be interesting to see if all this noise impacts the value of that contract, though its pretty much the only thing propping up DTV.
I'm certain that NFL Ticket subscriptions have been way down over the past two years, if they lose any more DTV may fail completely as a business.

When is the NFL contract with DirecTv up for renewal? It'll be interesting to see if all this noise impacts the value of that contract, though its pretty much the only thing propping up DTV.
I'm certain that NFL Ticket subscriptions have been way down over the past two years, if they lose any more DTV may fail completely as a business.

I had Sunday Ticket for 20 years. This will be the third season since I cancelled them.