• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So, no discussion of the noose found.......

NASCAR is in territory where it's going to be tough to come out clean and wholesome. The only sport running right now and every week, there's new controversy. They try to make the bad situations into good, but it backfires, because there is pushback from fans. It's the state we live in right now. Half is for it, the other half is against it. There will never be a compromise orcommon ground on anything.
It's coming back to football again in a big way with kneeling and the flag. The NFL were against it and now for it, and I believe the sides down the aisle are about 50/50. It's not going away and will be magnified as the season starts.
I certainly expect players in the NBA to kneel and more than likely MLB will, as well. I am most interested in the NHL in what they do. I don't know where NASCAR goes from here. They are going hard to support their driver even though the FBI said otherwise about the investigation. The pic floating around from NASCAR does looks like a noose, but would be curious if they are tied like that in the other garages.

Last edited:
The kneeling protests don't really bother me. I mean, the people frothing at the mouth over it are probably the same people yelling stupid **** or getting a beer or messing with their phone during the anthem. Truth is, there isn't a lot of reverence during the national anthem. Some people, sure. But there are just as many being ignorant and disrespectful.

That's all well and good, but now the media has its hooks in NASCAR, declaring in many articles that I've read that NASCAR and it's fans are a bunch of racists. From the President being cheered at the Daytona 500 to Kyle Larson to confederate flags to this incident. It's a spotlight on an image that NASCAR doesn't want, so they, like so many others in this day and age, have WAY over-reacted in an effort to avoid a perception that some people have had long before any of this started. As you stated, they are trying to be woke. In my opinion, it's too late.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've been saying for years that it's too late. We turned a corner some years back, from which we cannot return. Now payday is coming. That's why I live in rural Wyoming. I'll let you all filter the nonsense before it really hits me. Not sure it will matter in the long run, but it's the only choice I could think to make.

Nations throughout history have imploded to their destruction. It's not too common that nations are able to withstand their own decay. We will not be that exception.

Lock & load.

Personally, I think playing the anthem before sporting events is stupid. People know where they are and what they stand for. No need to have the anthem to prove it.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've been saying for years that it's too late. We turned a corner some years back, from which we cannot return. Now payday is coming. That's why I live in rural Wyoming. I'll let you all filter the nonsense before it really hits me. Not sure it will matter in the long run, but it's the only choice I could think to make.

Nations throughout history have imploded to their destruction. It's not too common that nations are able to withstand their own decay. We will not be that exception.

Lock & load.

Yep. This nation is a veritable powder keg right now. All it is going to take is one act of stupidity to fully set it off. And we are inching ever closer to that on a daily basis. I pray it never happens, but I'm pretty sure that horse is out of the barn. In times like this, you just hope we come out of it better than we went in, and I don't see that either. It is ugly now, and it is going to get much worse before it gets better if it ever does.

Yep. This nation is a veritable powder keg right now. All it is going to take is one act of stupidity to fully set it off. And we are inching ever closer to that on a daily basis. I pray it never happens, but I'm pretty sure that horse is out of the barn. In times like this, you just hope we come out of it better than we went in, and I don't see that either. It is ugly now, and it is going to get much worse before it gets better if it ever does.

It's the stuff of Revolutions and by design.

I think the word "act" in "act of stupidity" is one hell of an unintended pun.

One day, they'll (the producers) tell us that "act" caused the Revolution just like the abject senselessness of WW1.

Americans are not "this" angry nor do they despise each other. All ginned up by a hardened small segment of revolutionaries.

Last edited:
Personally, I think playing the anthem before sporting events is stupid. People know where they are and what they stand for. No need to have the anthem to prove it.

It's not about that....

I been to many sporting events and the anthem wasn't played. Didn't bother me. But when you intentionally disrespect it and the flag for your "cause" like they are doing then I have a problem with it.

These spoiled brats would already be shot and buried in a shallow grave if they tried this **** in some other countries.

That flag, and anthem, and every person that died for it is the reason they are even allowed to protest.

I know its hard for most of them but show some respect for once.

It's not about that....

I been to many sporting events and the anthem wasn't played. Didn't bother me. But when you intentionally disrespect it and the flag for your "cause" like they are doing then I have a problem with it.

These spoiled brats would already be shot and buried in a shallow grave if they tried this **** in some other countries.

That flag, and anthem, and every person that died for it is the reason they are even allowed to protest.

I know its hard for most of them but show some respect for once.

If we think about it, most of them had little to no education in history. The only "education" they have received has been ESPN and media encouraging them to "use their platform for change" the past 10 years especially.

Their fame and recognition vastly outstrip their functional knowledge as adults in a Civil society with any sense of being an American.

Exhibit A: Lebron's tortured and confused comments on Daryl Morey and the Hong Kong protests. Lebron can't see past his Nikes and bank account.

In that sense -- and as has been developed very well in here my many -- most of the athletes are useful idiots and co-opted by forces much higher.

I still think Bubba had something to do with the noose...but I’m starting to maybe think otherwise.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...arage-talladega-fbi-investigation/3258153001/

NASCAR said Thursday its investigation into the discovery of a noose in a Talladega Superspeedway garage stall did not reveal information about how it was placed there or who was responsible.

For the first time Thursday, NASCAR released a photograph of the noose, which was hanging from the stall used by Black driver Bubba Wallace and the Richard Petty Motorsports team last weekend. The FBI determined that a hate crime had not been committed in relation to the noose, and said it had been in the stall since the NASCAR series visited the track last October.

NASCAR president Steve Phelps said the organization continued its investigation of the incident after the conclusion of the FBI investigation. Phelps said sweeps of every track in the Cup Series were conducted as part of the NASCAR investigation. That included 29 speedways and 1,684 garage stalls, and Phelps said 11 pull-down ropes with knot ties had been found, but the only one fashioned like a noose was in the Talladega garage.

“The noose was real, as was our concern for Bubba,” Phelps said. “Upon learning of and seeing the noose, our initial reaction was to protect our driver. We’re living in a highly charged and emotional time. What we saw was a symbol of hate and was only present in one area of the garage, and that was of the 43 car of Bubba Wallace.”

The quote from Phelps speaks a lot to a segment of our society. It's a reactionary society and emotionally charged. Not much rational thought goes into things and some take what they first see or hear to be truth. The media and social media feeds directly into this line of thinking.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...arage-talladega-fbi-investigation/3258153001/

The quote from Phelps speaks a lot to a segment of our society. It's a reactionary society and emotionally charged. Not much rational thought goes into things and some take what they first see or hear to be truth. The media and social media feeds directly into this line of thinking.
It would be much cheaper to put one FBI agent with Bubba at all times to shoot the racist at the next occurrence, regardless of what may/may not have actually happened.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

The FBI and NASCAR can't be this stupid. Obviously someone a few years ago decided to pull the rope further through the knot. Probably so they could get their hand in there instead of having to just pull on a knot. I saw the picture from 2017 where it is there. It's just ridiculous.

Also this country can't make it when you have one group that's so easily offended that they take common everyday occurrences as racism. The only way to stop racism (real or imaged) is not to have everyone in the same country.

Somewith arthritis in their hands would likely prefer a loop over a straight piece of rope. But that doesn't fit what they are trying to feed you. The American media sucks.

The FBI and NASCAR can't be this stupid. Obviously someone a few years ago decided to pull the rope further through the knot. Probably so they could get their hand in there instead of having to just pull on a knot. I saw the picture from 2017 where it is there. It's just ridiculous.

Also this country can't make it when you have one group that's so easily offended that they take common everyday occurrences as racism. The only way to stop racism (real or imaged) is not to have everyone in the same country.

Or possibly a very bored crew member just dicking around with the rope and made a noose.
Most likely completely innocent. I don't really understand why a noose instantly makes it anything at all to do with racism. Nooses have been hanging people for eons.
****, I've got an old dirty Barbie doll hanging by a noose on my toolbox at work. She's Caucasian btw.

The pic floating around from NASCAR does looks like a noose, but would be curious if they are tied like that in the other garages.

I bet they won't tied like that any more.

Yep. This nation is a veritable powder keg right now. All it is going to take is one act of stupidity to fully set it off.

I think that already happened when the cop killed George Floyd.

Last edited:
Or possibly a very bored crew member just dicking around with the rope and made a noose.
Most likely completely innocent. I don't really understand why a noose instantly makes it anything at all to do with racism. Nooses have been hanging people for eons.
****, I've got an old dirty Barbie doll hanging by a noose on my toolbox at work. She's Caucasian btw.

If you look at how they are tied you'll see that all you have to do is pull the bottom of the cord to make a noose. It isn't tied differently. Some pulled the bottom of the cord downward through the knot. This created a loop at the bottom. But it can be done with all the cords in all the stalls. It's obvious someone wanted to be able to put their hand in the loop to pull the cord rather than just grabbing the cord.

The kneeling protests don't really bother me. I mean, the people frothing at the mouth over it are probably the same people yelling stupid **** or getting a beer or messing with their phone during the anthem. Truth is, there isn't a lot of reverence during the national anthem. Some people, sure. But there are just as many being ignorant and disrespectful.

I'm totally with you Sarge. The kneeling doesn't bother me either. This country isn't about forced devotion to a flag, or to anything for that matter.

Kaepernick himself on the other hand started this "protest" because he was pissed at getting benched, and also seems to be a Marxist sympathizer. So I'm not really a fan of his.

Kaepernick himself on the other hand started this "protest" because he was pissed at getting benched, and also seems to be a Marxist sympathizer. So I'm not really a fan of his.

I suppose he thought he could play like **** and remain a starter for as long as he wanted to.

I'm totally with you Sarge. The kneeling doesn't bother me either. This country isn't about forced devotion to a flag, or to anything for that matter.

It isn't about forced agenda watching either. Anyways nobody is forcing anyone do do anything. They can respect the flag or don't. If they don't and have to hear about it oh well. As you can't watch anything without their agenda being crammed down our throat.

It isn't about forced agenda watching either. Anyways nobody is forcing anyone do do anything. They can respect the flag or don't. If they don't and have to hear about it oh well. As you can't watch anything without their agenda being crammed down our throat.

No one's forcing you to watch anything either.

I suppose he thought he could play like **** and remain a starter for as long as he wanted to.

And if he's not starting it's because the team is racist.
It's like last year (and probably this year) in the Steeler FB groups there were a lot of black fans who just knew that Josh Dobbs would be the greatest Steeler QB ever if coach would just put him in fourth quarter. Bullshit, you're either uninformed or you just want a black QB and it doesn't matter if he's any good.

tumblr_ljgtlg7psi1qgax9eo1_400.gifv

No one's forcing you to watch anything either.

Which I won't be if they disrespect the flag. And a lot of other proud patriotic Americans will follow suit either by partially not watching, game to game, or not at all.

If I'm able to receive the game on regular TV, I will use the DVR, wait about an hour, make use of the mute button and FF past anything but game action.

Thinking I would still be watching the final 2 minutes in real time, enjoying actual football and avoiding the political drama.

If I'm able to receive the game on regular TV, I will use the DVR, wait about an hour, make use of the mute button and FF past anything but game action.

Thinking I would still be watching the final 2 minutes in real time, enjoying actual football and avoiding the political drama.
Good way to approach it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

That's what I usually do. That's why you'll rarely see me in a game thread. I try to time it so I catch up right at the end.