• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So, no discussion of the noose found.......

I won't lie, a little part of me will think it's hilarious if he starts getting boo'ed relentlessly at every track he races at. Of course then it will be that he's getting boo'ed because fans hate him for being Black.

100%, show photographic evidence or STFU.

According to his interview with Don Lemon, even though the noose wasn't intended for him and there since Oct '19, someone still tied a rope into a noose and he believes it's NOT a garage pull down. He kinda lost me there. I'm sure there are legit reasons why that rope was made that way, in the least racist way. He's pissed because many people are telling him to get over it. I figured the backlash would get to him. If some fans needed another reason to not like him, this even will do it. I hope he can move on and concentrate on racing again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...est-my-character/ar-BB15TDhT?ocid=mailsignout

Let's see if I have this right … a few of the well-publicized "racist" incidents over the past year or so.

• Gay black man attacked by two white guys wearing MAGA hats.
  • Except it was actually two black immigrants paid for the scam who did the damage.
  • Purported "nooses" in a park in Oakland, according to the screeching, idiot, incompetent mayor.
  • Except not nooses, just ropes that park goers used for exercise.
  • A noose in a kinda-black NASCAR driver's garage!! Ahhhh!!!
  • Uhhh, no. A rope used to pull down the door, present for more than 9 months at least and present in every goddamn garage at Talladega.

America … so racist we have to hire foreigners to do the deed and claim racism where none exist.

EbPkYCYWoAUQzfb.jpg

What I would like to know, and maybe I missed it. But, lets say the "noose" was a door pull similar to the many other door pulls. Was it cut off the garage door and put in his car? Was it cut off and tossed on the floor near the car? Or was it still attached to the door?

I GET that Bubba has to work extra hard to prove himself in NASCAR. That’s just the way it is. However...now he will never be taken seriously. Even if he starts winning, he will always have this stain on his record. He brought this upon himself though. NASCAR didn’t. The FBI didn’t. Just Bubba himself.

I GET that Bubba has to work extra hard to prove himself in NASCAR. That’s just the way it is. However...now he will never be taken seriously. Even if he starts winning, he will always have this stain on his record. He brought this upon himself though. NASCAR didn’t. The FBI didn’t. Just Bubba himself.

He'll be the #1 Race card Driver.

I quit watching after 3 died. **** like this makes me not miss it at all.

Same here. The Intimidator was like James Harrison -- the last link to the authentic sport that we used to know.

You can't tell me that this guy is around NASCAR pretty much every day of his life not to mention in the garages themselves and has never once seen those pull ropes hanging on every garage around the track. I think he wanted to dip his toes into the social justice waters and be a trending Twitter hero.

I dont watch NASCAR, but this happened at Talladega.

Bubba didn't race at Talladega last year, so he'd have no way of knowing (having hand pulls aka nooses on the garage doors) if this was something new from the previous years. However, since he had raced there before, and was from Mobile, Alabama, you'd have to think that he's been in the garages there more than the average NASCAR fan. That said, Bubba even said he hadn't personally seen the "noose" - only a picture of it.

Easy to zoom in on a picture and make it seem like something it's not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">March 2013 <a href="https://twitter.com/oberlincollege?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@oberlincollege</a>: Students raged when it was reported that a person wearing a KKK outfit was spotted on campus. Admin panicked, cancelling all classes. Investigation found that the “klansman” was likely someone wrapped in a blanket. <a href="https://t.co/6yykz6JkOl">https://t.co/6yykz6JkOl</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HateHoax?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HateHoax</a></p>— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1119100144421498882?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh Bubba knows he ****** up bad and the holy wrath of Nascar fans is about to unload on him. I've seen the quotes he's putting out there today. They are 180 degrees opposite of what he was telling that CNN dumbfuck Don Lemon last night. Today it's "I was mistaken, I was emotional and jumped to conclusions", as opposed to last night, "It was a noose, period. I refuse to apologize."

Oh Bubba knows he ****** up bad and the holy wrath of Nascar fans is about to unload on him. I've seen the quotes he's putting out there today. They are 180 degrees opposite of what he was telling that CNN dumbfuck Don Lemon last night. Today it's "I was mistaken, I was emotional and jumped to conclusions", as opposed to last night, "It was a noose, period. I refuse to apologize."

Guy is certainly not the first to use a made-up, phony or embellished claim to try and avoid getting fired. Can you imagine Petty team now firing him, no matter how poorly he performs?

This bullshit made him a million dollars. This is today's America - more fake hate crimes than real ones, and fake hate crimes get people paid.

This is why I always cut my 6 pack pop cans plastic holder. Protect the fish sure, but you don’t want to be mistaken for a ..........

You're saying that would be bad noose?

I'll see myself out.

This must be way the plastic bag bans at stores. That loop thing you grasp it with. Geeeezzz I never knew what it really meant.

I saw the picture that NASCAR released of the noose...and I gotta say...it’s a noose. Now when was that picture taken? And why would 15 FBI agents collaborate and lie? Something ain’t right here...

I saw the picture that NASCAR released of the noose...and I gotta say...it’s a noose. Now when was that picture taken? And why would 15 FBI agents collaborate and lie? Something ain’t right here...

I agree. It's **** like this that does not allow me to have any faith whatsoever in our government. To me, government as it is currently manifested, is evil to it's core and the media through misinformation and straight up lies, runs cover and insulates those ******** from any sort of redress. It's maddening. I hate war, and I do not advocate another civil war in America, but I honestly don't see how you correct the problems in our government without violence. Voting won't do jack **** because we are too stupid to elect different people, rather just keep re-electing the same do-nothing ********. It's like we finally created a self-licking ice cream cone. So many things need to change.

I still think Bubba had something to do with the noose...but I’m starting to maybe think otherwise.

It is tied like a noose. It is a door opener. Someone over reacted and then everyone did to look woke. Retie it, move on, and don't be woke anymore. Problem solved.

It is tied like a noose. It is a door opener. Someone over reacted and then everyone did to look woke. Retie it, move on, and don't be woke anymore. Problem solved.

That's all well and good, but now the media has its hooks in NASCAR, declaring in many articles that I've read that NASCAR and it's fans are a bunch of racists. From the President being cheered at the Daytona 500 to Kyle Larson to confederate flags to this incident. It's a spotlight on an image that NASCAR doesn't want, so they, like so many others in this day and age, have WAY over-reacted in an effort to avoid a perception that some people have had long before any of this started. As you stated, they are trying to be woke. In my opinion, it's too late.

That's all well and good, but now the media has its hooks in NASCAR, declaring in many articles that I've read that NASCAR and it's fans are a bunch of racists. From the President being cheered at the Daytona 500 to Kyle Larson to confederate flags to this incident. It's a spotlight on an image that NASCAR doesn't want, so they, like so many others in this day and age, have WAY over-reacted in an effort to avoid a perception that some people have had long before any of this started. As you stated, they are trying to be woke. In my opinion, it's too late.

People are so sick of this ****. It will drive people away just like the NFL. When all of these leagues continue to lose millions and alienate the fan bases, they may eventually get smart enough to leave politics out of sports. Most of us watch sports to get a break from all of this ****. Sports unites people of all colors or sexes, it’s a common bond we can all usually agree on. The dollar will eventually decide the outcome of all of this I believe.