• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So they would be the Sons of the Son of God?

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, to say the least.

mary.JPG

Jesus 'married Mary Magdalene and had children', according to ancient manuscript
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-according-to-ancient-manuscript-9849839.html

Jesus married the prostitute Mary Magdalene and had children, according to a manuscript almost 1,500 years old unearthed at the British Library.

The so-called “Lost Gospel”, which has been translated from Aramaic, allegedly reveals the startling new allegations, according to The Sunday Times.

Professor Barrie Wilson and writer Simcha Jacobovic spent months translating the text, which they claim states Jesus had two children and the original Virgin Mary was Jesus’s wife and not his mother.

Many experts have downplayed the biblical figure’s historical importance but, according to the translators of the new gospel, she is of much greater significance than previously thought.

Mary Magdalene already features in the existing gospels and is present at many of the important moments recorded in Jesus’s life.

“The Lost Gospel” is not the first to claim that Jesus married Mary Magdalene.

Both Nikos Kazantzakis in his 1953 book “The Last Temptation of Christ” and, more recently, Dan Brown in “The Da Vinci Code” made the same allegation.

Further revelations from the book, including the names of Jesus's children, will be released on Wednesday.

The publisher, Pegasus, has confirmed the press conference will go ahead as planned.

Not that it much matters to me but if ye old Jesus was real, he was for sure boinkin Mary Magdalene. No way no how there weren't any little kiddies. Democrats, all of them...

Try not to get worried
Try not to turn on to
Problems that upset you
oh Don't you know
Everything's alright
Yes everything's fine

Soooooo, just reading and rereading the article, somebody riddle me this......
It states Jesus married Mary Magdaldne.......the *****, yeah?
But then says the term "virgin Mary" applied to Jesus' wife ( Mary the ***** ) and not his mother.
Soooooo, what kind of ***** is a virgin?
She just gave BJs, hand jibbers, and did anal?
Or it was Jesus who became her pimp after they married and turned her out?
I'm not trying to be sacrilegious, as I'm a God fearing Christian.
I'm just not sure how much credence could be lent to such contradictory statements.

What I think is the church puts out what they want people to see. I would bet there is 1000s of pages of writings that are buried by the church that have very interesting information in them. They just pick and choose what they consider "the truth" and keep any contradictory info hidden. I am not very religious, but I would like to make up my own mind and not have someone tell me how it is. To me you can be religious, but you have to be realistic as well. Most of the stories in the bible are just stories meant to make strong points. Some believe all the stories are scientific facts no matter the evidence against them. If you want to worship God and go to church then that is great. Most churches are good social gatherings and have a lot of other nice events going on, but use your own mind to evaluate things.

I thought Dan Brown definitively debunked the idea that she was a ho. Didn't the church just label her that way for defying their wishes by marrying him?

Depends what writings you believe in. There is a companion set of books to the Bible called the Apocrypha which some religions put some stock in and most religions don't.