• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Some non Qb/OC/Hc stuff… whats up with the Wr Routes?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So apparently there is some bruhaha going on with DJ.. an analyst called him out for making a wrong read on a read option route and he clapped back at him.. then Mitch said something about it..
to be honest, since darryl drake died, the Wrs have been underperforming in a myriad of ways with the last few wr coaches… but it seems like DJ was in a bad place Sunday… he was flipping out on Tomlin and definitely

Has anyone heard about anything going on with him… it seems like his head wasn’t in the game… usually on routes he is spot on… and a bunch were either miscommunications with pickett or just off…

Mike Frazer is not the guy I'm going to for breaking down All-22 film. Johnson wasn't going to call him out unless he was right and I read some speculation that Mitch didn't want to come out and lay the blame on Kenny.

So many receivers are divas, so a QB who doesn't get them the ball while they're open is probably frustrating.

Oh my goodness, coaching is the start and middle then the finish.

We have very low-end coaching with “players who have to know it by now or we can’t be help you.”

The more stuff coming out the more frazzled this entire coaching staff is looking.

The Pat Mchafee (spell) Show had a good take on things today.

Salute the nation

So apparently there is some bruhaha going on with DJ.. an analyst called him out for making a wrong read on a read option route and he clapped back at him.. then Mitch said something about it..
to be honest, since darryl drake died, the Wrs have been underperforming in a myriad of ways with the last few wr coaches… but it seems like DJ was in a bad place Sunday… he was flipping out on Tomlin and definitely

Has anyone heard about anything going on with him… it seems like his head wasn’t in the game… usually on routes he is spot on… and a bunch were either miscommunications with pickett or just off…

How many times did the ball hit Diontae-nay-nay in the f*cin hands on Sunday?

subtraction by addition

I tried to read his lips… man its a good thing I ain’t deaf… i think he said Oh EeeEmm no cho i hutzpah

Don't necessarily know that I'd call what DJ said "clapping back". More like setting the guy straight. Or, "politely defending himself".

And, I definitely wouldn't call Mitch's response "saying something about it". More like going out of his way to "say nothing about it".

"Here is Mitch Trubisky on communication issues between Diontae Johnson and Kenny Pickett:

'I know what happened. I'm not going to disclose what happened. They need to get on the same page. I'm not going to say whose fault it was. Whenever the play doesn’t work it’s everybody’s fault.'

Trubisky also said he hasn’t heard anything about a potential quarterback change going into the Bengals game."

https://dkpittsburghsports.com/team/steelers/feed/page/1

Oh my goodness, coaching is the start and middle then the finish.

We have very low-end coaching with “players who have to know it by now or we can’t be help you.”

The more stuff coming out the more frazzled this entire coaching staff is looking.

The Pat Mchafee (spell) Show had a good take on things today.

Salute the nation
What'd McAfee have to say?

What'd McAfee have to say?

Just out of memory,

1) they talked about how neither team (Pitt / clev) will win a playoff game. Neither team is any good.

2). One of his posse noted that if Mason were to be a starter vs Mitch being the starter, he thinks Mason would come out of the season with a better record.

3). They talked about a lot of stuff that has been said here many times

4) Nobody on the show, showed any respect to the STEELERS and I can’t blame them.

5) they talked about Tomlin not firing O“Canada on the spot.

6). Kenny is done

That’s about all I can remember, I was busy at the time so just listened for background noise.

Salute the nation

Just out of memory,

1) they talked about how neither team (Pitt / clev) will win a playoff game. Neither team is any good.

2). One of his posse noted that if Mason were to be a starter vs Mitch being the starter, he thinks Mason would come out of the season with a better record.

3). They talked about a lot of stuff that has been said here many times

4) Nobody on the show, showed any respect to the STEELERS and I can’t blame them.

5) they talked about Tomlin not firing O“Canada on the spot.

6). Kenny is done

That’s about all I can remember, I was busy at the time so just listened for background noise.

Salute the nation
Did they talk about needing a HC reboot?

Did they talk about needing a HC reboot?

Definitely brought out the fact that O’Canada is there due to Tomlin, good or bad. Couldn’t understand why Tomlin hadn’t fired him yet and in mid-season.

SPECIAL NOTE: My #2 was more of a bravado thing by the guy, Pat and others questioned it.

Salute the nation