• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sorority girls matter!

That's going to leave a mark. Those badass sorority girls are fierce.

Juuuuust a bit excessive there. Jesus. That's a guy who goes around looking for an excuse to **** somebody up when he is on the clock. Even if it is a 120 lb college girl.

White privilege?

Not guilty!

Michaella Surat was thrown to the ground outside Bondi Beach Bar in Fort Collins on Thursday night after allegedly hitting one of the officers.

She was charged with third degree assault and obstructing a peace officer. She will appear in court on Wednesday.

3F195F7A00000578-4395104-The_bodycam_footage_of_Surat_above_being_thrown_to_the_ground_wi-a-1_1491755734013.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-police-officers-body-slam-sorority-girl.html

Not really my type, but she looks like she would be fun.

Jeez I could slam her *** down. That wasn't overzealous or anything.

She hit the cop. Deserved it. I'm sorry, I don't care who you are...if you strike an officer, they have the right, and should have the right, to immediately subdue you.

Asking police officers to make split second decisions on who to use force on, who not to, when to shoot, when not to shoot in "some" situations is akin to asking a linebacker at full speed not to hit a QB he's about to sack in the head at the last second as the QB ducks.

The Edwardian Debutante: How Women Entered Society Before the Great War

evelyn-nesbit.jpg

No one in the Edwardian era made any bones about the fact that marriage was a woman’s sole career, and that she owed it to herself and to the family that had so far supported her, to get on with it. Where a girl was concerned, it was the duty of everyone–her mother, her mother’s friends, her chaperone and her bill-settling father–to help her achieve this ambition.

Once a young girl turned eighteen, her childhood was essentially over. The moment she put up her hair and lengthened her skirts, she was a woman. A coddled and protected woman, but a woman nonetheless. The putting up of the hair was the most important aspect of signifying one’s status as a jeune fille à marier, or a young woman ready for marriage: no man bothered to address himself with other than the merest passing courtesy to a girl whose hair hung down her back. As soon as her hair was pinned up, everything changed, and for the remainder of the young lady’s life, her hair would hang down over her shoulders only inside her bedroom or at a fancy dress ball.

At her first ball, the American debutante stood beside her mother, was presented to the guests, and was then introduced to and danced the German with the gentleman to whom her mother had selected to lead the dance—and that was it. In the 1890s, the Four Hundred attempted incorporate the chaperone from Europe, to much controversy. America at the time prided itself upon the ability of a woman to move about unmolested. The presence of a chaperone was a smack in the face to the American gentleman: were they not be trusted? The fierce independence of Americans won out in the end, and the custom of chaperonage died a quick, painless death by the turn of the century.

Gentlemen were placed into types: if the young lady met a “detrimental,” or extremely ineligible man, her female relations would gently remind her of her duty. There was less to fear from the “indefatigable,” a young man just come out or an old beau who danced indiscriminately with any and all women, or from the “indispensable,” the anxious fetcher and carrier of wraps, gloves, lemonade, fans and ices, but a young lady was introduced to as many approved and eligible men as quickly as possible.

Overall, a young woman’s entrance into society marked a time of transition. There was no concept of “adolescence” at the time: a female was either a child or a woman, and her treatment and behavior was precisely dictated and delineated for the sole purpose of creating a perfect “wife.” This was a time where perhaps they were to meet gentlemen on equal footing for the first time, and indeed, a number of girls thrived within this mold. But it was an interesting time for these young women: once they put up their hair, they were expected to be “adults” and were immediately accorded the respect of an adult despite possibly having been horsing around in the nursery with younger siblings just the week before their debut!

http://www.edwardianpromenade.com/society/the-edwardian-debutante/

Video was funny. The guy recording the thing lol.

As for the pic posted above. Pass. Thats gross. I wouldn't even hit with a crowbar

No one in the Edwardian era made any bones about the fact that marriage was a woman’s sole career, and that she owed it to herself and to the family that had so far supported her, to get on with it. Where a girl was concerned, it was the duty of everyone–her mother, her mother’s friends, her chaperone and her bill-settling father–to help her achieve this ambition.

Once a young girl turned eighteen, her childhood was essentially over. The moment she put up her hair and lengthened her skirts, she was a woman. A coddled and protected woman, but a woman nonetheless. The putting up of the hair was the most important aspect of signifying one’s status as a jeune fille à marier, or a young woman ready for marriage: no man bothered to address himself with other than the merest passing courtesy to a girl whose hair hung down her back. As soon as her hair was pinned up, everything changed, and for the remainder of the young lady’s life, her hair would hang down over her shoulders only inside her bedroom or at a fancy dress ball.

At her first ball, the American debutante stood beside her mother, was presented to the guests, and was then introduced to and danced the German with the gentleman to whom her mother had selected to lead the dance—and that was it. In the 1890s, the Four Hundred attempted incorporate the chaperone from Europe, to much controversy. America at the time prided itself upon the ability of a woman to move about unmolested. The presence of a chaperone was a smack in the face to the American gentleman: were they not be trusted? The fierce independence of Americans won out in the end, and the custom of chaperonage died a quick, painless death by the turn of the century.

Gentlemen were placed into types: if the young lady met a “detrimental,” or extremely ineligible man, her female relations would gently remind her of her duty. There was less to fear from the “indefatigable,” a young man just come out or an old beau who danced indiscriminately with any and all women, or from the “indispensable,” the anxious fetcher and carrier of wraps, gloves, lemonade, fans and ices, but a young lady was introduced to as many approved and eligible men as quickly as possible.

Overall, a young woman’s entrance into society marked a time of transition. There was no concept of “adolescence” at the time: a female was either a child or a woman, and her treatment and behavior was precisely dictated and delineated for the sole purpose of creating a perfect “wife.” This was a time where perhaps they were to meet gentlemen on equal footing for the first time, and indeed, a number of girls thrived within this mold. But it was an interesting time for these young women: once they put up their hair, they were expected to be “adults” and were immediately accorded the respect of an adult despite possibly having been horsing around in the nursery with younger siblings just the week before their debut!

When a boy turns 18 he is a man. Being taught he has but one course he can take. Get an education, get a job, and provide.

However todays woman has choices ...she can forego a career and choose be a housewife, get married and choose work part time or full time, choose start her career first, have kids later, have kids first then start career later, and if she's a looker she can forget all that and choose to be a gold digger..marries an old rich dude and waits for him to die.

To the people who are fine with it....come on. As a cop or any person of authority you have to have common sense about the use of force. Ok, so he was hit by a 120 lb girl, is it necessary to pile drive her on her face or can he take her down in a normal fashion? You have a responsibility to take into account a size and weight differential between yourself and the other person. Now if you are grappling someone who is close to your size and strength, technique is going out the window...I get that. This is not that situation. Listen, I worked in a group home for 3 years with kids between the ages of 6 and 12. I never came across a kid in that group that was close to my size and strength and therefore never felt the need to use my full strength during a physical restraint. I've been punched, slapped, kicked, spit on, had piss thrown at me, had **** thrown at me, you name it. I never had to body slam a kid on his face. Being bigger and stronger I could do a physical restraint without trying to destroy the kid. There were a lot restraints no doubt and I'm sure many weren't comfortable, but come on. There was no need whatsoever for this ******* to practically smash her skull on the pavement whether she hit him or not.

Last edited:
120 lbs?

more like 100

cops respond

Fort Collins Police Services

*MESSAGE FROM CHIEF HUTTO REGARDING ARREST VIDEO*

The arrest of Michaella Surat by Fort Collins Police officers has generated a great deal of interest on social media and conversation in our community. I understand and appreciate why this event has sparked so much interest. The incident was partially captured on cell phone video and was also documented on the body cameras worn by the officers on the scene.

As with most events of this type, the short, publicly-available video does not have the context or content of the full event. Additionally, rarely in use of force situations is there agreement from all the parties involved as to the appropriateness, efficacy, or necessity of its use. These questions are only answered through the analysis of all the evidence after the fact.

I have a duty to preserve and protect the processes that our society has put in place to ensure that the questions surrounding this incident are answered in a fair and impartial manner. I have no control over the video that is already in the public domain, but I do have control over the release of the video evidence from our body worn cameras. This is an open investigation and to release evidence, absent a truly compelling reason, would not be proper. I am committed to preserving a process that ensures a fair and impartial outcome. I am equally committed to preserving the rights of both Ms. Surat and the involved officers.

This event will be thoroughly investigated. The court process will take place and there will be an internal review of the officer's actions from the perspective of policy and procedure. At the conclusion of these investigative processes, the body worn camera video will be made available to the public.

[In the early morning hours of April 6, Fort Collins Police officers were dispatched to a separated disturbance between two males. As officers were trying to gather information from employees, one of the involved suspects' girlfriend, Michaella Surat, shoulder-checked the bouncer and an officer and then pulled her boyfriend from the area. The officers told her that her boyfriend was not free to leave but that she could go. She remained at the scene, at which time she physically obstructed and struck an officer. Surat was taken to the ground in order to affect the arrest and was booked into the Larimer County Jail on charges of 3rd Degree Assault and Obstructing a Peace Officer.]

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/...a-surat-ground-during-scuffle-instagram-video

To the people who are fine with it....come on. As a cop or any person of authority you have to have common sense about the use of force. Ok, so he was hit by a 120 lb girl, is it necessary to pile drive her on her face or can he take her down in a normal fashion? You have a responsibility to take into account a size and weight differential between yourself and the other person. Now if you are grappling someone who is close to your size and strength, technique is going out the window...I get that. This is not that situation. Listen, I worked in a group home for 3 years with kids between the ages of 6 and 12. I never came across a kid in that group that was close to my size and strength and therefore never felt the need to use my full strength during a physical restraint. I've been punched, slapped, kicked, spit on, had piss thrown at me, had **** thrown at me, you name it. I never had to body slam a kid on his face. Being bigger and stronger I could do a physical restraint without trying to destroy the kid. There were a lot restraints no doubt and I'm sure many weren't comfortable, but come on. There was no need whatsoever for this ******* to practically smash her skull on the pavement whether she hit him or not.

I understand what you are saying, but we live in an era where people feel like they can just take liberties with police officers because they are police officers. You know, after some of the **** that goes on, I can't blame any officer who over reacts. Christ, you don't know who is packing or how far a situation will escalate or how quickly. I agree he over did it, but I find it hard to blame him.

I'm the first one to give cops the benefit of the doubt in these situations. Their job gets harder all the time and a few bad apples make it worse. That being said, un.ess this girl pulled a weapon, that amount of force was not necessary. He should have easily been able to take her into custody without flinging her to the ground.
On the other hand, how stupid are you to punch an officer? May be a double standard, but if this is a guy, I say he got what he deserved.

I personally think it just looked a lot worse than the force used. She's in those god damn platform heels and the minute she loses her balance, it's just lights out. Fall over like the stick she is. There is no way for her to control her balance in those shoes. None. They just slide out from under her and there's no place to go but down hard.

I don't think the cop realized how easy it was to dump her. Maybe he could have wrapped her up and kind of "held her fall" but they also might have been wrestling or holding something between them, or holding each others hands, arms. In that case he really couldn't help her once she started to fall. It was all on her.

I personally think it just looked a lot worse than the force used. She's in those god damn platform heels and the minute she loses her balance, it's just lights out. Fall over like the stick she is. There is no way for her to control her balance in those shoes. None. They just slide out from under her and there's no place to go but down hard.

I don't think the cop realized how easy it was to dump her. Maybe he could have wrapped her up and kind of "held her fall" but they also might have been wrestling or holding something between them, or holding each others hands, arms. In that case he really couldn't help her once she started to fall. It was all on her.

I'm of the same opinion. It look bad, but he is trained for the takedown and the light weight combined with the heels made it that much easier. He probably could have tried to de-escalate the situation, but didn't and it was the perfect storm for a brutal takedown.

I'm of the same opinion. It look bad, but he is trained for the takedown and the light weight combined with the heels made it that much easier. He probably could have tried to de-escalate the situation, but didn't and it was the perfect storm for a brutal takedown.

I agree she was probably wasted as well so once she lost her balance WHAM! Stay out of those situations and you wont get jacked up.

I deliver to Fort Collins. Today I asked one of my younger party animal delivery guys if he had heard about this. He said that he was at the bar and saw the whole thing.

Turns out that her boyfriend was being a jerk, and the bar called the cops on him. She decided to make the cops go away, and it went downhill from there.

evelyn-nesbit.jpg

You should start an advice thread for the wimmins of SN.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Video shows man forcibly removed from United flight from Chicago to Louisville

[video]http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/04/10/8999829644713019799/640x360_MP4_8999829644713019799.mp4[/video]

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...d-united-flight-chicago-louisville/100274374/

That is bizarre for several reasons. 1) Why would they even board an overbooked flight if they knew they would have to remove passengers? 2) Why wouldn't one single person take $400 (then $800) and a hotel stay to get another flight? I understand people needing to be at work, but not a single solitary volunteer? 3) When did lotteries start occurring for something like this? 4) Why, when the forcibly removed passenger announced he was a doctor who needed to see patients, didn't they or anybody on the flight ask/volunteer someone else? 4) Why did they say they needed "volunteers" and then confirm they forcibly removed someone, even after the fact?

Say what you want about this passenger. He could have been an unrelenting d-bag about the whole thing, but if he paid for their services and then was treated like that, they've got a lawsuit (at the least a nice size settlement) and a big black eye on their hands.

And what the hell is happening to our civility?

I deliver to Fort Collins. Today I asked one of my younger party animal delivery guys if he had heard about this. He said that he was at the bar and saw the whole thing.

Turns out that her boyfriend was being a jerk, and the bar called the cops on him. She decided to make the cops go away, and it went downhill from there.

She thought just because she was ms. sorority, that her and the bf would be let off the hook