• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sorry, bad calls-------- going public

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There needs to be accountability to the officiating crews. It’s not just the Steelers being hosed on calls, it’s happening league wide.
Officials should be fined or suspended as well for blatantly bad calls. I get things happen-but a bad pass interference or roughing the passer (that happened yesterday), tackling penalties (head to head when the defender is merely lowering/turning his head to prevent injury to themselves) should all be reviewed.
Watt and Highsmith were held 7/10 plays yesterday.

There needs to be accountability to the officiating crews. It’s not just the Steelers being hosed on calls, it’s happening league wide.
Officials should be fined or suspended as well for blatantly bad calls. I get things happen-but a bad pass interference or roughing the passer (that happened yesterday), tackling penalties (head to head when the defender is merely lowering/turning his head to prevent injury to themselves) should all be reviewed.
Watt and Highsmith were held 7/10 plays yesterday.
Some of those being behind the player obvious holds. Either they were trying to determine outcome orrrr they are really reallllly bad at their jobs.

Whoever the woman was on that officiating crew yesterday was downright, terrible. She was the one that called that offside penalty, she tried to say Bigsby was down on the fumble. She made atleast one other terrible call. This is what happens when someone is hired because of diversity policies instead of their abilities.

Officiating is atrociously bad (at times), but it is also extremely impressively good (at times). Sometimes I'm amazed that they get the call correct in real time, especially when they are trying to see feet touching the ground and ball control.

What I want is CONSISTENCY!!! Call it the same for both teams, and call it the same ALL GAME LONG. If you are gonna call ticky tack holding, PI, etc. do it, but DO IT ALL GAME AND FOR BOTH TEAMS THE SAME. If you are gonna "let em play", let em play all game.

Don't call it one way for one team at one juncture in the game, then another way for another team when the game is on the line.

CONSISTENCY.

Chris Bozwell took to social media about the Guard being offsides penalty. It was an incorrect call and at minimum it should have been offsetting penalties.

The STEELERS culture has sure changed. Has it come to whining about the refs? Should it even get to that point?

What say you?

Salute the nation

When the former head of officials goes on to Twitter (x) and points out that it is the incorrect call on multiple occasions, I think the players are allowed to complain. 3 times the refs bailed the jags out by either keeping drives going or taking points off the board.

This is to say nothing about the performance on the field from some of the players. Calls like that are demoralizing. The missed roughing call on Pickett is one of the worst calls of the game. Neal hit Lawrence as he was throwing it, Gotsis deflected Pickett's pass and continued to hit him AND drive him into the ground. It was textbook roughing.

The PI call on Pieere on 3rd down, the flag was 3-4 seconds AFTER the play was over. It was a clean play, horrible call.

So yeah, I'll complain, the players can complain. And we're not even getting into the holding of Watt that goes on every week.

Chris Bozwell took to social media about the Guard being offsides penalty. It was an incorrect call and at minimum it should have been offsetting penalties.

The STEELERS culture has sure changed. Has it come to whining about the refs? Should it even get to that point?

What say you?

Salute the nation
As Shane said it's league wide. The Colts got screwed big time which led to a Clowns win.
But your point is valid in that the culture has changed... such that we are so bad we can no longer afford terrible officiating.

Whoever the woman was on that officiating crew yesterday was downright, terrible. She was the one that called that offside penalty, she tried to say Bigsby was down on the fumble. She made atleast one other terrible call. This is what happens when someone is hired because of diversity policies instead of their abilities.
Amen brother.

Preach on!

I said the same while watching the game with my wifey and daughter...
Needless to say... I wasnt very popular yesterday.
:)

The refs did not cost us the game but they were terrible. Definitely thwarted some potential momentum swings.

Just felt like watching the PATS and Brady 10 years ago. Every third down there is a penalty against D.

I find it funny that they are people bitching about the refs after Sunday's game but last weekend against the Rams we were gifted some calls, especially the 4th down spot, it goes both ways

This female ref was terrible. She looked scared too. The first female official was actually pretty descent. This one though-

If tomlins team win/ loss depends on calls then tomlins team isn't good enough.
Correct, however, it is a game of momentum. A sh!tty call can change the momentum as well as outcome. The Pierre PI that wasn’t changed the game, as well as the roughing call. I mean, that was actually a good play by Pierre.

I find it funny that they are people bitching about the refs after Sunday's game but last weekend against the Rams we were gifted some calls, especially the 4th down spot, it goes both ways
Trust me we all know the O holds this team back more than anything.

Most think bad coaching is taking place as well.

But when there is really bad no calls and calls they will be mentioned.

Welcome to the site.

This female ref was terrible. She looked scared too. The first female official was actually pretty descent. This one though-
Yeah but... her uniform sure did have curvy stripe's on the shirt....and in all the right places..

So there was at least that..

Last edited:
SO MUCH FOUL MOUTHED VULGAR CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH. IN FRONT OF MY DAUGHTER DURING THAT GAME.

******* BULLSHIT.

It appears I still havc it in me a day later.
pittsburgh dad w/o the ##### sensoring.,
Take it easy brother.....

And go wash your mouth out with soap lol.. :)

putting a screenshot on your social media is fine with me.... it is a subtle way to express things without cursing and disrespecting.

Wasn't Boz still perfect on the season at the time of that penalty

Officiating should be held accountable for inconsistent or blatantly bad calls

didn't catch too much of the game yesterday .......... but I did see the Neal hit on QB Jags ........... **** like that makes me feel bad for the DEF players that do it right and still get flagged.