• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler fans...if the Stains draft Manziel what will be your response?

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
I would assume that most will say it's the Browns, they are going to suck no matter what...lol. For me, I will not be overly excited about it. I think he is going to be really good and I would prefer he be outside our division. Thoughts?

I've watched a lot of film on him. I'm not sold his game will translate to the NFL. If the clowns want him then great.

I think he's going to be either really good or really bad. I do not see him being an average Flacco/Dalto type QB. He's either going to be an absolute superstar or a total bum. Imagine Doug Flutie in today's kinder, gentler, defensively neutered league. That's the projection, IMO.

With that being the case, I'm not sure how I'd feel about the Browns taking him. A rookie could have a worse supporting cast than one featuring Josh Gordon to throw to and Joe Thomas protecting your back.

If I'm the Browns, I take Watkins, if he's there, pair him with Gordon and draft a QB with one of my other top 40 picks.

My response is who cares? I mean have the Stains ever drafted anyone who made a difference?

I think he has a million dollar skill set and a 10 cent head. I don't expect it to bode well at least early on until he gets knocked back down to Earth for a little while.

Kapernick has lost some speed, with the hits, I presume Johnny boy will too!

Salute the nation

Ryan Leaf 2.0 First time he loses 3 or 4 games in a row, he has a total meltdown in the locker room. Just my $.02

I would be fine with the Browns getting Manziel. I just do not think he can translate that game to the NFL.

I do not think his game will translate either, but in my opinion there is an X-Factor. The X-Factor is his brain. He is actually pretty smart just does not act like it. If he puts time and effort into film study then I could see him having a chance. As it stands now I think the speed of the NFL players will eat him up. I am sure he will have some good scrambles, but he is going to have to be able to throw from the pocket to have any chance.

I agree with Merril.

I will LOVE it, he is a perfect fit. He could not **** up a better franchise (well maybe Baltimore)

I can not wait to see him CRUSHED and trying to do color for NCAA games in 2 years.

I would ask the Stains to please start him day 1, so that the Steelers could give him a proper welcome to the NFL.

I too think Johnny will have a hard time being "Mr. Elusive" in the NFL after a year of tape on him...

I hope the Browns do take him.

You can bet the Browns will do it --- they fail at everything

Johnny Football runs around the football field like Capt. Jack Sparrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. If Cleveland drafts him and he starts against the Steelers expect to see Capt. Johnny running around Heinz Field for his life.

I hope Timmons gets a clean shot on him like he did Sanchez and breaks him in half.

If the Browns pick up any QB with their first pick- I am fairly confident that we will be 1-0 after week 1.

Now, if the Browns pick up Watkins with 1.4, and also nab a Manziel or a Bridgewater with 1.26- then I would be concerned...

Johnny Football runs around the football field like Capt. Jack Sparrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. If Cleveland drafts him and he starts against the Steelers expect to see Capt. Johnny running around Heinz Field for his life.

From our fearsome pass rush?

From our fearsome pass rush?

I was a bit curious as to who was going to be chasing him this season as well. We are not looking at Woodley and Harrison off the edge of a few years ago, coupled with a good cross fire blitz or pressure from Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, and Brett Kiesel. Right now our line backers look like a lot of questions and hope, Our line is even more uncertain and our edge rushers have yet to combine for numbers that are respectable. Things could develop and turn into something but we are not looking at a strong defense or offense based on last years results or the year before.

he will be a bust a mix of rg3, leaf, kordell
the throwing accuracy of kordell, the brain of ryan leaf and the speed of rg3 @kap.
too bad teams have figured ways to keep rg and kap in the pocket or take a massive hit, and force them to try to beat them via their arms which both have been inconsistent with, yes they have a great wr in Gordon and a solid lt but by the time and if jhonny can become a pocket qb too, joe thomas is likely going to start to wear down, same with mack.

Based on history, he won't do well, and they will draft the next amazing superstar QB of all time next year, and have to do it with a new head coach.