• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Draft Show: Day 2!

Very athletic G/C. Great fit with what the steelers look for at C. There was talk about getting more pghysical which i thought may have meant bigger, but apparently not. Steelers may not have really wanted guys like Creed, Meyers or Meinerz who are more power guys.

If Green was the C they targeted then they were absolutely right to wait on OL.

Also, he played at Illinois for Lovie Smith who Tomlin knows well. Probably got the full story on Green from Lovie.

Here's something interseting i heard about Meinerz. He basically put himself on the boards by looking so great in senior bowl practices. BUT this is one of the absolute worst crops of DT talent we've ever seen in a draft class. Maybe he was whipping up on guys who suck and the NFL teams know that.

Tape bringing some facts on this pick. I wanted Meinerez but Green was the next guy I liked.

Greene is a converted D-lineman. He is a terrific run blocker but his pass blocking may need work. He really came a long way as a center. He has the tools to be very good but is going to need some coaching. It's a solid pick with the potential to be more.
Well, if that's true, he's our best lineman already

Greene is a converted D-lineman. He is a terrific run blocker but his pass blocking may need work. He really came a long way as a center. He has the tools to be very good but is going to need some coaching. It's a solid pick with the potential to be more.
They said the same thing about Dotson last year and Dotson ended up having a better year in pass protection than run blocking.

Meinerz is taller,18 lbs. heavier, had a nearly identical 40 time, and for you "long arms" fans, longer arms than Green.

P.S. **** Myles Garrett. Stupid *****.

Meinerz is taller,18 lbs. heavier, had a nearly identical 40 time, and for you "long arms" fans, longer arms than Green.

OK

Either Meinerz is like the shortest member of his family or that 6'3 designation is ******* bullshit.

Not looking for longer arms at centet and 305 something at 6 feet 2 inches is stout. Played at high level competition. Is a natural left guard and Dotson is a natural right guard. Granted we didn't draft him to play guard but versatility has always been important. The height is fine at centet.

Jabril Cox is still out there ... just saying
Dylan Moses from 'Bama too

Steelers won a Super Bowl with a starting lineup of Max Starks, Chris Komoeatu, Justin Harwig, Darnell Stapleton and Willie Colon. I love the pick!
That was with young Ben, not 39 year old Ben. Ben is so immobile now, I don't quite understand this pick.

Papillon

Wanted Browning to fall after we went with Green, unfortunately he went close to the end of round three. Cox is a nice pick wouldn't be upset at all if we moved up to get him. Not all pro material but solid.

Thanks again guys, I had a ton of fun tonight on the show and you guys kept me going!!!

See you at 11:30am Saturday!

as I said the other day

I'll be in and out as I got **** to do tomorrow, but i'll watch as much as I can

Most enjoyable draft in many years

I"m in a text arguement now with a cousin who thinks the Freiermuth pick sucked

Marco Wilson, Dan Moore jr, and Rashad Weaver all could be good picks for us in the 4th.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about the state of the OL and the point was that the steelers may not think the current OL is the trainwreck the fans think it is.

These first 2 picks tell us that the steelers don't think OL is as dire as we do. OR it means they have done their homework and they are absolutely confident they can get the OL they need in RD 3 and 4.
Perfect answer, Tape!

Word is Cox is dropping because of his age (he’s already 24). Moses has dropped because of medical. He had a MCL tear.

Dale Lolley is getting some pretty in depth info on these picks. Stated Green was the guy they wanted at center.