• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Draft Show: Day 2!

why? Green played C in college also....he is a solid pick
It's a travesty because I had my heart set on Meinerz here. No other reason. And, I know it's a totally illogical stance. But, it's one I'm prepared to stand by for about the next 5 minutes or so.

I don't know the guy, but he's from a Big 10 school and versatile, and maybe Menierz made them a little gun shy from playing against DIII competition.

And I thought the Friermuth pick was dumb. SMDH.

Very athletic G/C. Great fit with what the steelers look for at C. There was talk about getting more pghysical which i thought may have meant bigger, but apparently not. Steelers may not have really wanted guys like Creed, Meyers or Meinerz who are more power guys.

If Green was the C they targeted then they were absolutely right to wait on OL.

This guy was on some sleeper lists... a lot thought hed go in the fourth or fifth round.... honestly im less pissed about this than the RB1..... This kid might be a gem... a reach but one that probably would be gone next round

It's a travesty because I had my heart set on Meinerz here. No other reason. And, I know it's a totally illogical stance. But, it's one I'm prepared to stand by for about the next 5 minutes or so.
I understand....I was pissed for a week when the bungles jumped ahead of us and took william Jackson III a few years ago

but his kid play multiple positions and the Steelers love those guys

He can definitely pull... I don’t think he can play guard in the nfl though so he will have limited options to play

#68 on PFF board. A lot had him listed as a 3rd rounder. Common traits talk about his athleticism, which is what the Steelers like in a center. Also demonstrates a shift in philosophy with their OL with the new coaches. A bit undersized, though.

Here's something interseting i heard about Meinerz. He basically put himself on the boards by looking so great in senior bowl practices. BUT this is one of the absolute worst crops of DT talent we've ever seen in a draft class. Maybe he was whipping up on guys who suck and the NFL teams know that.

Is this the return of the annual 3rd round WTF! pick?

I wonder if MN took our OSU G/C?

Here's something interseting i heard about Meinerz. He basically put himself on the boards by looking so great in senior bowl practices. BUT this is one of the absolute worst crops of DT talent we've ever seen in a draft class. Maybe he was whipping up on guys who suck and the NFL teams know that.
I just got done reading that his film in college didn't match what he did at the Senior Bowl. I hadn't seen that before.

Kendrick Green was a riser on my draft board. I feel we could have gotten him later but the Steelers obviously liked him. He has great movement skills and is really still learning the position as he was a defensive lineman. Personally, I’d have snagged Quinn Meinerz or waited and likely have got Green with our second 4th if he’s the guy you want.
I think they like his physical and get off. He is C capable. I am ok with the pick. Which leaves T/CB/pass rusher.

Reading up on Kendrick Green

3 year starter at G and C
1st team All Big Ten
Excellent punch and hand use
Very quick
Aggressive and tough
Powerful

Only negative - He's short.

Greene is a converted D-lineman. He is a terrific run blocker but his pass blocking may need work. He really came a long way as a center. He has the tools to be very good but is going to need some coaching. It's a solid pick with the potential to be more.

Okay. He's 6'3", 324 lbs., athletic as hell, and tossed guys around in the Senior Bowl like he was throwing out the trash.