• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SteelerONION - Carbonsteel Press Conference - 10-04-2023

carbonsteel

Reaction score
At a press conference earlier this morning Steeler Nation board participant ‘Carbonsteel’ announced BIG changes in his viewing plans for future Steeler games.

"I like nearly all Steeler fans have absolutely had it with Steeler management in retaining Matt Canada as an offensive coordinator. His offense is the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime of watching Steeler games, and the time has come for me to make some hard decisions in how I spend my weekends watching and supporting this organization."

"From this moment on, I will NOT be attending or watching Steeler games until Matt Canada has been relieved of his duties and leaves the Steeler facility."

"Matt Canada is a start, but let’s not be stingy, there is more than enough evidence to get rid of our defensive coordinator and head coach, OL, DB,... you name it. I have a difficult time thinking of any organization at any level that would have tolerated the complete and utter ineptitude of coaching that has been exemplified each and every week by the Steelers. We really must be the laughingstock of other coaches from around the NFL. Sure we have some outstanding players on our roster, but their talents are being milked like cows to cover for the lack of game-planning by this coaching staff. The time has come to call out this organization to put a stop to this coaching ‘gravy train’."

"I guess I’ll replace my Steeler game viewing time and football parties with spending more time with the wife and kids. Maybe do some yardwork or get back into regular exercise again."

"It’s a tough pill to swallow, but I’m committed to this boycott."

"It’s times like this that I recall a line from an episode of ‘The Office’ when Pam says, “when you read those stories about someone that lets a child drive their car and crashes it, you don’t blame the child, you blame the parent that put them behind the wheel and said, ‘Go ahead kid…drive’. “

"Well that child’s name is Matt Canada, and he’s already crashed this car multiple times."

"This organization used to be committed to winning Super Bowls, but it seems our entire management, leadership, and coaching staff is now committed to nothing more than not having a losing season. Last time I checked there isn’t a trophy for that."

"Please save us Omar Khan, you’re our only hope."

Carbonsteel took no questions from the media at the conclusion of the press conference.

Last edited:
"This organization used to be committed to winning Super Bowls, but it seems our entire management, leadership, and coaching staff is now committed to nothing more than not having a losing season. Last time I checked there isn’t a trophy for that."
I hear that participation trophies are being given out nowadays, so maybe we'll get a trophy after all. Keep your chin up.

"I guess I’ll replace my Steeler game viewing time and football parties with spending more time with the wife and kids. Maybe do some yardwork or get back into regular exercise again."

See? The Steelers are just looking after you and improving your life!

Thing is there will never be enough fans doing this to make a difference. Love the thought but it wouldn't cause a Rooney reaction.

Thing is there will never be enough fans doing this to make a difference. Love the thought but it wouldn't cause a Rooney reaction.
It’s been 30 years since the Pirates were competitive and people still watch and attend games.

It’s been 30 years since the Pirates were competitive and people still watch and attend games.
The seats are cheap, the cookies are warm in the club section, beer is cold, and the view of the city is spectacular. I could give a **** if they win or not. Plus, who doesn't love to watch perogies race?? The steelers only offer a great view of the city, the rest is just expensive ****

90% true but three years (2013-2015) were outliers.
True, and Nutting had to fix that right away or people would want to be paid more.

If we only had a few real Steelers fans who lived locally ......... looking @ Slash & @ Ron B.
who would offer free colouring books & Crayons as part of their UBER ride ........... and were willing to drive Matt Canada around for several hours during game time .......
then maybe the rest of us could enjoy a game without having to view shots from the OC booth

Berm has already lost one television that I know of .... what say You .... boys ..... ah maybe we could get DIC to offer a ride in the LS10 .....

If we only had a few real Steelers fans who lived locally ......... looking @ Slash & @ Ron B.
who would offer free colouring books & Crayons as part of their UBER ride ........... and were willing to drive Matt Canada around for several hours during game time .......
then maybe the rest of us could enjoy a game without having to view shots from the OC booth

Berm has already lost one television that I know of .... what say You .... boys ..... ah maybe we could get DIC to offer a ride in the LS10 .....
I would but I would miss the game. It is so hard being a fanatic.😅