• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Are Most Likely Negotiating New Deal To Avoid Another Cap Casualty

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have been cleaning up their roster during the early portion of the offseason. They have made it back under the cap with their initial wave of cuts, along with the cap ceiling going up by over $30 million. Despite all that, there are still some cap casualty options on the roster, and Steeler Nation has been perplexed as to why some of these players are still on the team. Sometimes, making roster decisions goes beyond a player's cap hit.

READ MORE

The Pittsburgh Steelers have been cleaning up their roster during the early portion of the offseason. They have made it back under the cap with their initial wave of cuts, along with the cap ceiling going up by over $30 million. Despite all that, there are still some cap casualty options on the roster, and Steeler Nation has been perplexed as to why some of these players are still on the team. Sometimes, making roster decisions goes beyond a player's cap hit.

READ MORE
I would like to see them more active with clearing out some cap space. Either by hook or crook...

Me to Slash! As you know, I’m very impatient and I’d like some of these guys gone already.
Namely Pat Pete and Allan Robinson. That’s got to be about 16-17 mil of cap space there which would put us about 25 mil under.
Restructure some contracts and free up more cap space now we’re talking 30-35 mil under. Just in time for FA to start.

Pat Pete is the only guy they have to make a decision on before the 13th. All the rest don't have roster bonuses to consider... and the fact they haven't done anything with him yet makes me believe they probably bring him back

Pat Pete is the only guy they have to make a decision on before the 13th. All the rest don't have roster bonuses to consider... and the fact they haven't done anything with him yet makes me believe they probably bring him back
I would be surprised if they sit on his contract and do nothing with it. The guy clearly isn't a strength at this point.

I would be surprised if they sit on his contract and do nothing with it. The guy clearly isn't a strength at this point.
Depends on where you use him. As a Safety? OK. But backup Safeties or avg Safeties don't make the kind of cash his contract calls for. His contract was for a starting level CB. If/since he's no longer that, I'd hope they will be able to reach an agreement to modify his contract.

Depends on where you use him. As a Safety? OK. But backup Safeties or avg Safeties don't make the kind of cash his contract calls for. His contract was for a starting level CB. If/since he's no longer that, I'd hope they will be able to reach an agreement to modify his contract.

Not sure I want him back as a S. I think that fork is ready and aiming.

They used him like a rented mule. He did the job and didn't complain. That's what Tomlin likes.

Not sure I want him back as a S. I think that fork is ready and aiming.
Can't upgrade every position through draft/FA in one year.

Can't upgrade every position through draft/FA in one year.
True but there is no reason corner and S and C can't be addressed this off-season.

You have the draft and free agency.

They were really busy last offseason, they only need to be half that this off-season.

why are we always up against the cap. MT is loved by every player in the league, they ALL want to play for him. Hell we should have the most loaded roster in nfl history and should be winning the SB every ******* year and every player should sign for vet minimum just to be able to play for the greatest player/all time coach ever.

I just don't understand.