• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers on "most improved" list for NFL teams

He may have me on ignore.
He hasn't responded to me in a while, and I'm beginning to lose sleep over it.

What would be funny is if others quote our posts, making it harder for the little sissy to ignore.
I haven't seen a single post of those cretins I have on ignore, works great. It's a much better experience not having to deal with those ridiculing those with special needs. You let God work out what happens to those types.

I haven't seen a single post of those cretins I have on ignore, works great. It's a much better experience not having to deal with those ridiculing those with special needs. You let God work out what happens to those types.
The almighty god will work out what happens to all types.

Last year the Steelers were the media darlings in training camp. Pickett had a perfect passer rating. blah blah
They are much improved on paper.
But they are betting the house on high pedigree rookies, Old offensive never were's, and a short speedy rookie 3rd round WR to take them to the promised land.
Still could be a disaster at QB
I'll believe it when I see it
"Old offensive never were's."

Who would those players be?

Last edited:
Mycole pruitt
Van Jefferson
Coradelle Patterson
Yeah, I don't think that the Steelers are "betting the house" on any of those guys.

Point Blank, are you special needs ?

Salute the nation

With their schedule this year the same record is still an improvement. To me it's groundhog day again. Either just inside or outside the playoffs but I think they have a chance to be a better team whatever the record. They looked God awful at times last year despite their final record.

With their schedule this year the same record is still an improvement. To me it's groundhog day again. Either just inside or outside the playoffs but I think they have a chance to be a better team whatever the record. They looked God awful at times last year despite their final record.
With that backoaded schedule, it's going to be hard for them to overcome anything less than a fast start that leaves them trying to rally for the 6th or 7th spot the last 2-3 weeks of the year. They've really got to hit the ground running with the new pieces.

With that backoaded schedule, it's going to be hard for them to overcome anything less than a fast start that leaves them trying to rally for the 6th or 7th spot the last 2-3 weeks of the year. They've really got to hit the ground running with the new pieces.
Id say 6-3 midpoint minimum. Might need to be 7-2

What if, for once, this team didn't blow chunks v. the easiest teams in the NFL under Tomlin? That would be a nice change. Last year we lost to two 2-10 teams in a row. Really nice way to have the team prepared, Shades.

Yeah, I don't think that the Steelers are "betting the house" on any of those guys.
They are betting the house on the 14th wide receiver taken in the draft to fill DJ's shoes in his rookie year.

They are betting the house on the 14th wide receiver taken in the draft to fill DJ's shoes in his rookie year.
Season has not started yet. although if they give up much draft capital for a WR, they should have just kept DJ

Yeah, it sure is going to be tough for Roman Wilson to drop as many passes, run backwards after catching the ball, and take as many plays off as the guy previously filling DJ's shoes.

Yeah, it sure is going to be tough for Roman Wilson to drop as many passes, run backwards after catching the ball, and take as many plays off as the guy previously filling DJ's shoes.
If anything Roman is an upgrade if he can just catch the ball and play every down like a professional team player.

I'm so over self centered flakes at wr. I'd kill for a couple guys like Hines Ward on the team.

If anything Roman is an upgrade if he can just catch the ball and play every down like a professional team player.

I'm so over self centered flakes at wr. I'd kill for a couple guys like Hines Ward on the team.
Man do I hear that! Ward's tude was great. And his mom had a lot to do with it. Upon complaining about not getting the ball enough to prove his worth, she said "Then you better try extra hard to prove your skills when you get the chance." Our guys in 2023 wouldn't even throw a block for teammates last year.

If Wilson turns out to be a solid #2 I will eat my words. The odds are long for any rookie WR to come in a be a difference maker, Even the greats

on one hand you can't ignore that the schedule is gonna be a *****, BUT on the other hand we always seem to nut up when things are the toughest. so I'm on the I think we squeak into the playoffs and win the first game side.

on one hand you can't ignore that the schedule is gonna be a *****, BUT on the other hand we always seem to nut up when things are the toughest. so I'm on the I think we squeak into the playoffs and win the first game side.
If we "sneak in" that means we are gonna be playing one of the top teams in the AFC. I'm not crazy about our chances winning a game of that nature with our HC.

If we "sneak in" that means we are gonna be playing one of the top teams in the AFC. I'm not crazy about our chances winning a game of that nature with our HC.
Aren't you?

Aren't you?
No. "Cheerleader" type head coaches tend to get out-strategized when it comes to the postseason, especially when they let their assistant coaches dwindle in talent as Tomlin has. We aren't on a 7-year dearth of playoff wins by accident, there is a reason for it. Only 8 teams have a longer non-playoff win streak than Pgh, even being coached by the "great" Mike Tomlin. They are the Fins, Raiders, Commanders, Bears, Jets, Cards, Panthers and Broncos.

I know some coaches at Michigan who think that Wilson is going to be a good NFL player, and say that he's an even better person. Exactly what the Steelers need in that room.

If Wilson turns out to be a solid #2 I will eat my words. The odds are long for any rookie WR to come in a be a difference maker, Even the greats
Time will tell.

It's still quite possible that the Steelers acquire a #2 type of receiver. Then you won't have to worry about it.

I fully expect this much improved team to end up with a result that shows it…10-7!!!

But it will be a more impressive 10-7 as we play opponents actual starting QBs and a team in week 18 that is trying to win.

This one will be an earned 10-7 before Tomlin enters the playoffs, puts his tail between his legs and does what he does there.

No. "Cheerleader" type head coaches tend to get out-strategized when it comes to the postseason, especially when they let their assistant coaches dwindle in talent as Tomlin has. We aren't on a 7-year dearth of playoff wins by accident, there is a reason for it. Only 8 teams have a longer non-playoff win streak than Pgh, even being coached by the "great" Mike Tomlin. They are the Fins, Raiders, Commanders, Bears, Jets, Cards, Panthers and Broncos.
Sarcasm just flew above your head

Sarcasm just flew above your head