• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Calvin Austin III On A Mission To Make AFC North Rival Baltimore Ravens Rue An Interesting 2022 Draft Decision: "It's Personal"

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers fans are excited to watch a number of new faces play for the black and gold in 2023. There is no doubting that guys like Broderick Jones and Joey Porter Jr. are on that list. Patrick Peterson, among other new faces that came into town via free agency and the NFL Draft are also giving the team's roster a new look. One player who has been in the locker room for a year, but has yet to put on the pads for a professional game is wide receiver and speedster, Calvin Austin III. He appears to be almost 100% healthy after a foot injury cost him his entire rookie season.

READ MORE

Total bed wetting by the Ravens...YOU STILL DON"T KNOW WHO WE ARE ???

They could've got their punter AND receiver...They should've grabbed the Receiver BEFORE the punter...

The Ravens SHOULD'VE KNOWN we were gonna grab a WR in the 3rd...

The Steelers are Wide Receiver University

I heard this a bit ago… part of me was worried because tge Ravens were interested in him and the Batimorons couldn’t find a good WR in the draft if their lives depended on it… but then again they prioritized a punter over him so maybe the kid will be ok

I was going to say he should be happy he didn't end up in Baltimore because it's a terrible landing spot for wide receivers, but Pittsburgh hasn't been much better over the past 3-4 years.

My thing is this,………… WHO the **** is Calvin III. He hasn’t done anything on the field of play and has missed his entire rookie season………………. ???

I hope that what ever motivation he needs, it will help him to prove himself. If he can live up to 1/3 of what man y here expect, then he will be a good draftee.

See it to believe it.

Salute the nation

My thing is this,………… WHO the **** is Calvin III. He hasn’t done anything on the field of play and has missed his entire rookie season………………. ???

I hope that what ever motivation he needs, it will help him to prove himself. If he can live up to 1/3 of what man y here expect, then he will be a good draftee.

See it to believe it.

Salute the nation
100% agree!! he should be worrying about proving the team that actually drafted him got it right.

See it to believe it.

Salute the nation
Who is he?
Basically a poor man’s Senquez Golsen until he proves otherwise

The optimistic side of me does believe he will prove better than that…but that is an extremely low bar to jump

What about every other team that passed over him? Out to prove you are more valuable than a punter is setting the bar pretty low.
Say what you want about AB but he atleast had the proper chip on his shoulder, had his vision of being the best wr in the league, then outworked everyone and became the best.
The last thing Austin should be thinking about is a punter.

I want to see what he can do. He's had a whole year.

I want to see what he can do. He's had a whole year.

Same here, see it to believe it.

I’m sure he is focused more than just on a punter, that is one poster’s agenda and more likely not his (CA3).

Salute the nation