• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers @ Colts Injury Roundup

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting aspects on the Injury front.

Steelers are missing 3 starters (Wilson QB, Seumalo G, & Highsmith Edge). They have been playing the whole season without Wilson & Seumalo, and the players behind them are doing well with Fields getting more comfortable and confident each week. Spencer Anderson has also done a great job pushing the man in front of him. Highsmith will be down, but the Steelers have an exciting young player in Nick Herbig, who's ready to start the Badger Bros passrush with former Wisconson star TJ Watt!

Steelers are also down depth players CB Rush, TE Pruitt, who haven't been doing much outside of ST. RB Warren being down is the biggest depth loss, but fortunately the Steelers realized what they have in Patterson as he looks very capable to spell Najee this game. For the life of me, I don't know why you sit a perfectly healthy WR Roman Wilson, because I'm all ready to walk down on the field and poke Van Jefferson in the eye myself, to get him off the field.

Colts are down depth players LT Blake Freeland, WR Gould, LDE Avery aren't big losses minus their swing tackle. Starting NCB Moore being out hurts them especially since backup NCB Lammons is also banged up with knee and ankle being reported as current injuries. So a hobbling NCB is good for our TEs slot WRs, and RBs out of the backfield. Should open up the RPO and short passing game for a short passing attack.

DE Kwitty Paye went down and will not play, but I don't feel it will hurt them as much with Rookie and top defensive pick in the draft Latu stepping up. He looked quick and explosive with a sack last week when Paye went down. Don't sleep on this kid's athleticism. Tyquan Lewis is playing on the other side of the DL as LDE and is banged up with a calf and a wrist. Not 100%, so it should slow their pass rush a tick if the Steelers can slow Latu.

The biggest injury IMHO is the Colts being without their starting center Ryan Kelly is out and they have to start a rookie. I always watch teams that lose their starting centers, usually have a tough game adjusting the following game, because the center is a skill position. They touch the ball each and every play, and it is much more difficult to expect a rookie C to be perfect in their first start with the pressure the Steelers throw at you. We've already seen centers put 2 balls on the ground against the D this season. I wouldn't be surprised if that number is hit or higher just for this game, and that creates opportunities for this D to take that ball away a few more times today. Look for the 3rd Badger Brother Benton, to have a big game attacking the rookie C today.

is TJ healthy? then there is a chance

Steelers are missing 3 starters (Wilson QB, Seumalo G, & Highsmith Edge). They have been playing the whole season without Wilson & Seumalo, and the players behind them are doing well with Fields getting more comfortable and confident each week. Spencer Anderson has also done a great job pushing the man in front of him. Highsmith will be down, but the Steelers have an exciting young player in Nick Herbig, who's ready to start the Badger Bros passrush with former Wisconson star TJ Watt!

Steelers are also down depth players CB Rush, TE Pruitt, who haven't been doing much outside of ST. RB Warren being down is the biggest depth loss, but fortunately the Steelers realized what they have in Patterson as he looks very capable to spell Najee this game. For the life of me, I don't know why you sit a perfectly healthy WR Roman Wilson, because I'm all ready to walk down on the field and poke Van Jefferson in the eye myself, to get him off the field.

Colts are down depth players LT Blake Freeland, WR Gould, LDE Avery aren't big losses minus their swing tackle. Starting NCB Moore being out hurts them especially since backup NCB Lammons is also banged up with knee and ankle being reported as current injuries. So a hobbling NCB is good for our TEs slot WRs, and RBs out of the backfield. Should open up the RPO and short passing game for a short passing attack.

DE Kwitty Paye went down and will not play, but I don't feel it will hurt them as much with Rookie and top defensive pick in the draft Latu stepping up. He looked quick and explosive with a sack last week when Paye went down. Don't sleep on this kid's athleticism. Tyquan Lewis is playing on the other side of the DL as LDE and is banged up with a calf and a wrist. Not 100%, so it should slow their pass rush a tick if the Steelers can slow Latu.

The biggest injury IMHO is the Colts being without their starting center Ryan Kelly is out and they have to start a rookie. I always watch teams that lose their starting centers, usually have a tough game adjusting the following game, because the center is a skill position. They touch the ball each and every play, and it is much more difficult to expect a rookie C to be perfect in their first start with the pressure the Steelers throw at you. We've already seen centers put 2 balls on the ground against the D this season. I wouldn't be surprised if that number is hit or higher just for this game, and that creates opportunities for this D to take that ball away a few more times today. Look for the 3rd Badger Brother Benton, to have a big game attacking the rookie C today.
Hopefully they both will get off the field without injury today.👏

What were you saying, again???????????????????????????????? :pound: :pound: :pound: :wave: