• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Mt. Rushmore buy or sell?

Just thought I'd put this here just for old times sake.
From The Chief

Steelersletter.jpg

If you looked at players only using the PFR Hall of Fame monitor scores, the top 4 Steelers would be:

Rod Woodson 177.63
Jack Lambert 150.80
Jack Ham 141.68
Joe Greene 137.65

Here are the others with a score over 100 (I think I found everyone).

Alan Faneca 134.33
Dermontti Dawson 123.50
Mike Webster 111.20
Mel Blount 110.18
Antonio Brown 104.48
Ben Roethlisberger - 100.28

If you looked at players only using the PFR Hall of Fame monitor scores, the top 4 Steelers would be:

Rod Woodson 177.63
Jack Lambert 150.80
Jack Ham 141.68
Joe Greene 137.65

I'm assuming that is a cumulative score for Woodson's entire career.

If it was just the years he played with the Steelers, he probably wouldn't score higher than the likes of Lambert, Green or Ham, but saying that, he did play an entire decade with the team. He would still be way up there.

That data just reflects what a shame it was he didn't finish his career as a Steeler. He still had a lot of great football left in him, but the Steelers didn't see it that way.

Had he stayed, he would probably get more consideration for greatest Steelers' player ever, but Joe Greene would probably maintain the title regardless.

My Mount Rushmore

Chuck Noll
Mean Joe Greene
Jack Lambert
Terry Bradshaw

The greatest influences on the greatest era.
I think I have to agree. That's where the Steelers' greatness all began, and it was during a time when football was football....not flags on every play for unnecessary roughness or whatever stupid thing. To me, that's the Mt. Rushmore of the Steelers organization if only four can be selected. Although Franco should be on the list too. So many greats back then....

I think I have to agree. That's where the Steelers' greatness all began, and it was during a time when football was football....not flags on every play for unnecessary roughness or whatever stupid thing. To me, that's the Mt. Rushmore of the Steelers organization if only four can be selected. Although Franco should be on the list too. So many greats back then....

We can add another spot for Franco, Most won’t know the difference from either monument.

Salute the nation

I was wavering between Troy Edwards and Will Blackwell

That was a dark time we were so broke playing at Three Rivers that we couldn't even retain 5 years 15 million Charles Jonson or get JJ Stokes here.
Starting was Edwards and Hawkins and then out of nowhere Ward emerged and as ugly as Kordell's accuracy was Ward just found ways to make really tough grabs.

Of these guys, Stephens would be my biggest disappointment.

One could argue Green, but he was put at a huge disadvantage before he even got started.

Salute the nation
And Green was only a 3rd rounder, then put in a position that he barely ever played; a multitude of klusterf--king around.

Forget 4, can't be done. Has to include:

Noll, Art, Green, Lambert, Franco, Bradshaw.

2nd row: Mel Blount, Hines, Lloyd, Woodson, Ben, Bettis.
Polamalu?