• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

STEELERS / NINERS Gameday Thread

That game was miserable. Kenny holds the ball like a toddler protecting a lollipop. Canada's 5-yard out fetish has not changed. The TE's are still invisible in the passing game. Najee up the middle for 2 yards remains a staple. The run defense was horrid. Brandon Aiyuk was obviously the best receiver on the field, and the Steelers still did not bother to cover him about a dozen times.

Oh, and good news, the Cam Heyward and DJ injuries look to be seriously problematic. Groin injuries and hamstring are notoriously chronic.

Other than that, how was the game Mrs. Lincoln?
Why did they put Heyward back in that situation.

That game was miserable. Kenny holds the ball like a toddler protecting a lollipop. Canada's 5-yard out fetish has not changed. The TE's are still invisible in the passing game. Najee up the middle for 2 yards remains a staple. The run defense was horrid. Brandon Aiyuk was obviously the best receiver on the field, and the Steelers still did not bother to cover him about a dozen times.

Oh, and good news, the Cam Heyward and DJ injuries look to be seriously problematic. Groin injuries and hamstring are notoriously chronic.

Other than that, how was the game Mrs. Lincoln?
laughing-lol.gif

I'm sure I'll post this again in another thread but I saw no difference in our O play calling this year. We got behind early and Canaduh made no adjustments. It's the same play calls. No hurry up until the 2 minute drill and we scored. KP didn't play well but why the F did they have an anchor on the kid today? He didn't roll out. He had no designed runs. He had no scrambles until 1 very late in the 4th. Why? You need to keep them guessing. He is a reasonably mobile QB. He sat in the pocket and took it. Warren did very little with his touches. Najee looked good with his touches. Over 5 YPC for those who love to whine about that. He was a beast on the few times he got moving. DJ will be out for at least 4 to 6 weeks is my guess. That hammy (if that's what it was) looked bad. Tomlin should have sat Pickens with 4 minutes to go when he got that ridiculous penalty for jawing for making a catch when they just got their A's handed to them. I'll leave the D for another post.
Good, I thought I was just seeing things. Good to know I'm not alone.

I should have known is was going to be **** when the second play on offense was that ******* jet sweep. They use the smallest guy on the team with no blocking. Brilliant.

JFC, that somehow the thought there is that NFL LBers would have to reposition significantly because they could be caught out of position on a play like that and they wouldn't be fast enough to contain the corner and stop a TD?!

Calling that jet sweep on the second play of the game put the 49ers on notice and set them on their heels the whole game!
I hated that call. 2nd and 4 and they should have gone heavy up the gut with Najee to start wearing on them early. He easily gets 2 and maybe the first on that.

It’s like we show things in PS, not to use them in the regular season to “trick them.”

We have a young team. A young QB. Why, even when down early did we give up on the run. **** we didn’t even bother. No passes to TEs, no roll outs. Hey OC it’s not old Ben, dude has some legs.

It’s the same pathetic offensive.

The defense will try to hold on but will only break bc there is no O. Pickens is about to pop. I see it now. **** I would too.

I don't think there would be more than 1 million left on that contract. What is a million dollars in this league.
It’s a lot to the Rooney’s, plus you have to pay Canaduh his million and the same or a little more to his replacement. Deuce looks at a full stadium and lots of TV money and figures he can ride it out.

It’s a lot to the Rooney’s, plus you have to pay Canaduh his million and the same or a little more to his replacement. Deuce looks at a full stadium and lots of TV money and figures he can ride it out.
I get that. But again it's a million down the toilet. If you are putting someone who at best looked ok and at worst completely incompetent.....over a million. That has to be confidence from Tomlin.

It’s like we show things in PS, not to use them in the regular season to “trick them.”

We have a young team. A young QB. Why, even when down early did we give up on the run. **** we didn’t even bother. No passes to TEs, no roll outs. Hey OC it’s not old Ben, dude has some legs.

It’s the same pathetic offensive.

The defense will try to hold on but will only break bc there is no O. Pickens is about to pop. I see it now. **** I would too.
It's because it's trickery. :cool:

Ultimately, it's just one game against a potential juggernaut of a team, but it still resembled too much of the same **** we've seen for several years now.

I have confidence the defense will be better, though a groin injury at Heyward's age could ruin his season.

I have little confidence the offense will be much better. Mostly because of Tomlin and Canada, but also because I'm not sure what they have in Kenny right now.

He was terrible today, though the protection wasn't great and Canada's route concepts may be the easiest in league history for defenses to figure out.

Still one game, but there's no reason to believe another non-losing season is not the best we can hope for.

Ultimately up to coaches to put players in the right position to be competitive. That didn't happen today. Not even a little bit.

When handing out Fs they should get the first F+. Then you can give the rest a F to follow suit.
Now see, how could we know for sure that eh players weren't put in the right position to be competitive when the players failed to execute? As much as I hate Canada's oversimplified offense, he wasn't the one over/underthrowing receivers, missing blocks, giving up on routes, etc. Austin wasn't out there getting burnt by Ayuk (sp). Although, he probably could have made a better adjustment (if he made any) when it came to covering him.
Terrible punts, terrible ST in general.
I'd say this **** show we witnessed today was equally on the players.
Blaming everything on the coaching, as if the players are all premiere players who couldn't be fallible, is overlooking ALL that we saw today.

Now see, how could we know for sure that eh players weren't put in the right position to be competitive when the players failed to execute? As much as I hate Canada's oversimplified offense, he wasn't the one over/underthrowing receivers, missing blocks, giving up on routes, etc. Austin wasn't out there getting burnt by Ayuk (sp). Although, he probably could have made a better adjustment (if he made any) when it came to covering him.
Blaming everything on the coaching, as if the players are all premiere players who couldn't be fallible, is overlooking ALL that we saw today.
I may have had one or two, but are you giving Canada a pass?

Never blamed everything on coaching. But with the off-season we had the coaching failed this team to put the team in the best position to be competitive.

For one thing they brought back an inept coach who hasn't been successful in the NFL level. Then they let a good D coach go instead of promoting him.

Then they didn't make any adjustments during the game to again be competitive.

Every year this discussion ultimately takes place and we ground hog continuously have to readjust our initial season outlook. Or at least I do.

I see the premise is we are not hard enough on the players. But they came and gone with the same outcome.

No I say some some aren't hard enough on the coaches.

The ones guiding the ship to a substandard standard of mediocrity.

I may have had one or two, but are you giving Canada a pass?
Hell No! But, I'm not giving the players a pass for their piss poor play just because the coordinator sucks.