• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - Rams game thread.

Yeah. Highsmith has a superb spin move, but when he spins inside like that, the defense has zero outside contain.
Yeah. I love that move but it leaves us vulnerable. Break every rule I was taught playing OLB. Never take the inside lane unless you have planned outside contain by someone else.

No professional WR is dumb enough to run themselves into a concussion causing reception. That would be stupid. And, it would leave us without our top WR for the rest of the game.
Come on. Just stop it.
If the WR gets hit in that situation wouldn't it be hitting a defenseless WR? And Hines Ward made that catch weekly. Just saying. I honestly was surprised by Pickens backing off on the catch attempt. To this point in his career, he has shown some toughness. Foot steps are loud sometimes though.

giphy.webp

3 points at half- F
I’m not sure what people expect. This team is what it is. Expecting them to score more than 20 points a game just isn’t realistic based on the last 2-3 years of offensive football.

Every week, it just gets harder and harder to watch. Can't even just watch and hope for Watt to have a good game as he constantly gets held...

Anytime you see Levi Johnson, Patrick Peterson and the ball in the same frame you just know the result isn't going to be good 😥

See, if we had audibles to a quick play, we can burn that stuff
Teams are simply copying what other teams have done to us over Canada's time here. Canada needs to adapt his offense. Maybe at halftime, he will at a few wrinkles into the game plan.

Four man rush and every time a big gain. Secondary more than not lost. Then throw in a TD with 17 seconds and we have one field goal, makes for a long half.

Outside of the University of Iowa if your dad is head coach...where else can you be an offensive coordinator at the highest level of your sport and average less than 3 points a quarter for the last 10 your team has played? Another half of 3 or 10 points SHOULD be the end of Canada. Good Grief.

I’m not sure what people expect. This team is what it is. Expecting them to score more than 20 points a game just isn’t realistic based on the last 2-3 years of offensive football.
I expect them to make changes to improve.

Jeez, Stafford threw it into a crowd and gets a TD.
Our DBs have to look back at some point I would think....if they do it is perhaps an easy pick or knock down at least.

Is Taylor Swift at the game?
Of course. Every time Kelce catches the the ball they flash to her. I think the NFL pays her to be there

The good news is the Steelers did not blow any coverage during halftime

the good news is this game should be over fast so we can catch the end of the Chiefs Chargers game featuring 2 actual NFL offenses.
Meh.....My football-watching starts and ends with the Steelers weekly. I did watch the Penn State/Ohio State game yesterday. Both have horrible QB's. How were both of them top 10?

Glad we had the bye to get it together, we did get past the fifty in the first half so maybe the rest did this offense some good.

I expect them to make changes to improve.
I would too, but being that this isn’t a new problem, I’m not holding my breath. They haven’t seen fit to change anything covering how many football games. Doubt they will during the season.

Under a 100 yards of offense ...throw in 3 points. About par for the year. Looks like our D will have to cause some of those TO things for us to win today. It couldn't hurt anyways.

I just got home. Looks like I didnt miss anything.