• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS Buffalo game thread# go Kenny!

Have the Steelers even thrown over the middle of the field today? I don't recall seeing a throw over the middle.

It wasn’t a catch… hand’s don’t count…

1. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
  2. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
  3. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.

Obvious catch by Pickens and Tomlin doesn't challenge. He has definitely given up on his team. A foot and a hand equals a catch.
A player must “secure control of the ball” before the ball touches the ground (though it can touch the ground if it's secure in the hands) The player must touch both feet or any part of his body other than his hands inbounds (this is different than college rules, which only requires one foot)Jan 9, 2021

not sure anything has changed on that rule

Wow, the wind just knocked that ball almost straight down

Sure Pierre that INT would have made a huge difference

Who else is going to get blackout drunk?

NE is winning 29-0 with their 3rd string rookie QB

So now that we are down big we are blitzing

One player burns us one time on a bad angle by a player and we totally go limp on D…

As much as you guys a lot of you hate Romo,he actually is one of the few that will point out mistakes and show it. That Claypool replay was spot on. He does this frequently. I bet you his hands are tied,but he could probably point out dozens of these a game. I’ve always thought he has a good insight of the game as a commentator

Wonder what the rule is, why wouldn't the hand count as a foot?

I'd guess that it's an extension of the logic that you can put your hand down while running and you're not ruled down. It the hand doesn't make you down by contact then it follows that it should not be allowed to count as a "foot" down to make a reception.

Claypool is a wonder. Don’t we have a receiver coming off the IR soon?