• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS Buffalo game thread# go Kenny!

But he took the hit so the slide clearly never happened so it's ball position at the hit. Which was good enough for the 1st.
I get what you're saying. But, it was pretty clear that the refs were going to have their cake and eat it too.
1. They said the hit was legal, bringing your scenario into play. However;
2. They placed the ball where the slide began.
They screwed the pooch

He wasnt the biggest problem, but I am so happy that Kenny is taking his lumps now. That guy is 24 years old. I dont think we have to worry about his confidence. The person who has no confidence IS Trubisky. Its like he was playing not to lose.

Canada has got to go. We are still throwing short of the chains on 3rd down. For some reason he thinks our RB or WRs are going to turn and break off a long one. It might work in college, but not against the #1 overall defense in the league. But Canada still has them running route short of the sticks. Its just doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. INSANITY!

Canada is NOT an NFL Offensive Coordinator. He might be an okay college OC, but NFL defenses are light years ahead of him. BUT, he is a yes man to Tomlin and that is why he has his job.
I’d be happy that Kenny is taking his lumps now if I thought it was actually constructive. I think he’s being asked to learn with an offense that is dysfunctional on several levels. I hope he doesn’t develop bad tendencies because of it.

But if you can’t see that KP is head and shoulders above Mitch,well,I just don’t know what else to say. I mean,seriously.
If that were true, THAT would be what everyone would be talking about. It’s not. Pickett looked much like Trubisky who looked much like Ben last year and the stats prove it. No QB can be fairly evaluated in this offense.

Pickett at least appeared to be looking at his progressions (what few there were) and not staring down every WR like Mitch was doing. But, the play calling, lack of consistency in play calling, playing too conservative, etc. were all still there. That is why Canaduh has to go before we see any kind of improvement from this O.

Pickett at least appeared to be looking at his progressions (what few there were) and not staring down every WR like Mitch was doing. But, the play calling, lack of consistency in play calling, playing too conservative, etc. were all still there. That is why Canaduh has to go before we see any kind of improvement from this O.
By the chart Kenny was spreading the ball around well. But yeah the scheme is way too restricting.

One thing I found out today. Our best wideout on this team is a rookie. Pickens makes the rest of our wideouts look pathetic. Claypuff plays small and DJ has hands of stone. He should be giving some of that money back they wasted on him.
I'd like to see Austin III hit the field and see if our second best receiver is also a rookie.

If that were true, THAT would be what everyone would be talking about. It’s not. Pickett looked much like Trubisky who looked much like Ben last year and the stats prove it. No QB can be fairly evaluated in this offense.
Bullshit, Kenny had far more sustained drives in one and a half games than Mitch. He has been far more confident and decisive than Mitch.

Bullshit, Kenny had far more sustained drives in one and a half games than Mitch. He has been far more confident and decisive than Mitch.
It’s one game, the second half of the Bills game was charity. He hasn’t played worse than Mitch, but when he plays noticeably better, it’ll show up in the stats.

It’s one game, the second half of the Bills game was charity. He hasn’t played worse than Mitch, but when he plays noticeably better, it’ll show up in the stats.
It has. I am talking about in the first half as well. If you can't see it you are blind. Mitch looked exactly like what everyone tried to say Mason did, scared and unsure. Pickett is confident and decisive. If the scheme were better he would be really thriving. He is completing 67.7 percent for more yards per attempt than Mitch and has only a third less yards in far less time. I can't find it but I bet he produces more first downs per drive than Mitch has.

But he took the hit so the slide clearly never happened so it's ball position at the hit. Which was good enough for the 1st.
That was the issue… either the hit happens legally after the first, or he didn’t get the first and it was an illegal hit… the Ref was a dipshit and should have been fired on the field

Really, because i see a larger completion percentage and a higher ypa for Kenny, as well as a lot of well placed balls dropped or misplayed by wrs… not saying that mitch didn’t have some of those too, but his accuracy was mediocre at best

Also comparing the two hail marys… it would seem Picketts arm is significantly stronger

It has. I am talking about in the first half as well. If you can't see it you are blind. Mitch looked exactly like what everyone tried to say Mason did, scared and unsure. Pickett is confident and decisive. If the scheme were better he would be really thriving. He is completing 67.7 percent for more yards per attempt than Mitch and has only a third less yards in far less time. I can't find it but I bet he produces more first downs per drive than Mitch has.
Again, I’m not faulting Pickett, I’m faulting the Steelers offense. I think both QBs, and Ben for that matter, played well under bad offensive circumstances. Any statistical differences between the three are relatively minor, especially considering the small sample size for Mitch and Pickett.

Again, I’m not faulting Pickett, I’m faulting the Steelers offense. I think both QBs, and Ben for that matter, played well under bad offensive circumstances. Any statistical differences between the three are relatively minor, especially considering the small sample size for Mitch and Pickett.
Again I can’t see how you watched the game and not come away feeling infinitely more confident in the play of Pickett over Mitch. I defended Mitch and gave him support but he looked totally ineffective and getting worse. Pickett looks like a young QB who can keep improving. He also has control of the huddle which Mitch obviously didn’t. All this is despite a bad scheme.