• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs Chargers game thread

20 points against the league's #1 defense. I didn't see that coming.

And that is the story, not Fields. Not a Fields hater, but that one throw to Austin that looked like his first read(and he telegraphed Thank god Austin was really open) doesn't off set the dumb throw Dupree picked off. I'll be a lot more comfortable when Wilson is starting. Fields may be the future... BIG maybe, but I want some playoff action before Wilson is gone. Against better offensive teams he is not the answer as far as trading TDs.
It was the correct read and a bullet. He had a few very nice throws and 2 drops. Im torn on what to do with Wilson. I would like to see what he can do, but i don't think you mess with winning

And that is the story, not Fields. Not a Fields hater, but that one throw to Austin that looked like his first read(and he telegraphed Thank god Austin was really open) doesn't off set the dumb throw Dupree picked off. I'll be a lot more comfortable when Wilson is starting. Fields may be the future... BIG maybe, but I want some playoff action before Wilson is gone. Against better offensive teams right now Fields is not the answer as far as trading TDs.

I hear what you are saying, but the chargers defense was ranked higher than ours, prior to the game. He faced a pretty tough defense today.

There is a long way between now and PO games, Fields will be a whole different player by then. I hope it's for the better.

Salute the nation

Would have been 27 if they didn't do the kneel down at the 1 yardline.
Now I'm thinking we don't see Wilson unless Fields gets hurt.

It was the correct read and a bullet. He had a few very nice throws and 2 drops. Im torn on what to do with Wilson. I would like to see what he can do, but i don't think you mess with winning
Yeah it's getting trickier from a perspective standpoint with each win. The problem is our pass D is 15th....Herbert was going to work on them before he got hurt. When we go against teams with good O-lines that can pass and our rush doesn't get home(and it will happen) we are going to need a QB that can come from behind 10 or more...I just don't think that is Fields now.

I hear what you are saying, but the chargers defense was ranked higher than ours, prior to the game. He faced a pretty tough defense today.

There is a long way between now and PO games, Fields will be a whole different player by then. I hope it's for the better.

Salute the nation
They lost Bosa then lost Herbert.....that kind of distorts the picture. I hope he turns into a franchise QB and I am completely wrong, we shall see.

Najee was a beast in the 2nd half
He most certainly was. I was wanting him to get to the endzone on that last drive. He almost made it. I didnt think MT would try to score after than.

One thing I wanted Najee to do that he didnt is knock the GD ball down on that pass that was tipped straight up in the air. I know he wanted to catch it and made something out of nothing, but I was yelling at the TV for him to knock it down and live to fight another day. Other than that, I thought Najee was great in the 2nd half. Noticed that JWarren didnt see the football much in the 2nd half. Not sure if his hammy was bothering him OR maybe MT didnt want to take a change on a fumble in a tight game like it was. Who knows?

He most certainly was. I was wanting him to get to the endzone on that last drive. He almost made it. I didnt think MT would try to score after than.

One thing I wanted Najee to do that he didnt is knock the GD ball down on that pass that was tipped straight up in the air. I know he wanted to catch it and made something out of nothing, but I was yelling at the TV for him to knock it down and live to fight another day. Other than that, I thought Najee was great in the 2nd half. Noticed that JWarren didnt see the football much in the 2nd half. Not sure if his hammy was bothering him OR maybe MT didnt want to take a change on a fumble in a tight game like it was. Who knows?
Per the Tomlin PC: Warren is hurt but no specifics on the injury.

They lost Bosa then lost Herbert.....that kind of distorts the picture. I hope he turns into a franchise QB and I am completely wrong, we shall see.
They did. We lost Highsmith. And in years past, we have lost TJ for big games and we lost. I do agree that LAC is a much better team with Herbert and Bosa playing. I dont deny that, but I dont feel sorry for them at all. PIT has gone through this losing TJ and others in the past couple years. I know you werent saying that anyway. I agree with you, but thats football. Thats life in the big city.

Had a blast. We wore them down and Fields started to get some confidence. I still want to see what Wilson has. Wore my #51 Farrior and Herbig may him proud.
Not knocking Fields. He has shown growth. Seeing him live you could see him freeze in the pocket early not willing to throw before a receiver makes his break. He improved in the second half. If he can just get some passing rhythm like he started to in the second half he may be the guy. I just have this gut feeling we could score more consistently with Wilson. Or it could be the way too salty Nachos from the game. I do think Fields is the possible long term solution.

Not knocking Fields. He has shown growth. Seeing him live you could see him freeze in the pocket early not willing to throw before a receiver makes his break. He improved in the second half. If he can just get some passing rhythm like he started to in the second half he may be the guy. I just have this gut feeling we could score more consistently with Wilson. Or it could be the way too salty Nachos from the game. I do think Fields is the possible long term solution.
Sure it is possible. We could score more with Wilson. But I think Fields wheels can get him out of trouble which can balance the scenario with Wilson the better pure passer. Glad I don’t have to make that decision. Hopefully they will make it based on what they see in practice when both are healthy.

18/70 is great considering he was 14/30 at one point
I liked how they kept at it. Granted a few looked ugly but they kept going back to the well.

I think they abandoned the run last week and it hurt em in that 2nd half. As Fields and Co get more in sync, defenses won't be able to stack the box like they did last week. Even then, they need to keep pounding the rock and wear em down.