• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs Chargers game thread

Sure it is possible. We could score more with Wilson. But I think Fields wheels can get him out of trouble which can balance the scenario with Wilson the better pure passer. Glad I don’t have to make that decision. Hopefully they will make it based on what they see in practice when both are healthy.
The Steelers are in an interesting spot right now. Fields is showing more comfort in the offense and made some really nice throws over the last two weeks. He won't get to the Mahomes/Allen/Burrow level, but he is young and talented enough that he could get into that tier 2 or 3 group and be very good to help a team contend. He still has a long way to go, but the progress we are seeing now is encouraging and hopefully getting Wilson in the lineup at WR and Seumalo back, the offense will become more consistent.

At this point, it almost feels like Wilson would have to provide a significant upgrade in the sense we'll see this team move the ball much easier and put up 21+ points every week. I was excited to see Wilson get his chance in the regular season, I just don't know when you'd make the switch or if it even makes sense. IMO, Wilson was never going to be more than a 1-year stopgap while Fields *potentially* could be a long-term answer.

Sure it is possible. We could score more with Wilson. But I think Fields wheels can get him out of trouble which can balance the scenario with Wilson the better pure passer. Glad I don’t have to make that decision. Hopefully they will make it based on what they see in practice when both are healthy.
It seems like a wash, but Wilson has 9x pro bowl experience Fields doesn't have. Fields holds the ball too long resulting in unnecessary sacks....Wilson has lost a step.
It's tricky, though I would go with the vet knowing I have the luxury of going back to Fields if Wilson were just to come apart at the seams(highly unlikely) and knowing if I make it to the playoffs I have that experienced guy.

The Steelers are in an interesting spot right now. Fields is showing more comfort in the offense and made some really nice throws over the last two weeks. He won't get to the Mahomes/Allen/Burrow level, but he is young and talented enough that he could get into that tier 2 or 3 group and be very good to help a team contend. He still has a long way to go, but the progress we are seeing now is encouraging and hopefully getting Wilson in the lineup at WR and Seumalo back, the offense will become more consistent.

At this point, it almost feels like Wilson would have to provide a significant upgrade in the sense we'll see this team move the ball much easier and put up 21+ points every week. I was excited to see Wilson get his chance in the regular season, I just don't know when you'd make the switch or if it even makes sense. IMO, Wilson was never going to be more than a 1-year stopgap while Fields *potentially* could be a long-term answer.
Interesting take from Cam Newton (Warning some bad language here from Cam)
His point is if Wilson was hurt that bad he wouldn't be dressed. And that Tomlin named Wilson starter to say " This is not your job Justin SHOW me you deserve to be the starter."
Sounds a little out there, but Newton knows more about coaches and their mind games better than any of us.

Interesting take from Cam Newton (Warning some bad language here from Cam)
His point is if Wilson was hurt that bad he wouldn't be dressed. And that Tomlin named Wilson starter to say " This is not your job Justin SHOW me you deserve to be the starter."
Sounds a little out there, but Newton knows more about coaches and their mind games better than any of us.

Had some points as they used the injury to see what they have in Fields. Other than that I don’t think a decision has been made. But after today? Maybe it has.

Exactly this. Well said

BINGO!!!!!!

Some are starting to come around. Slowly but surely I guess.🙂

Seriously though. I think Tomlin has been doing an unbelievable job with Fields. Also. It helps that our D is giving up less than 9 points a game.

These games are really building Justin's confidence. he is making good decisions with the ball. (I don't really hold him responsible for the pick today) I think he was around 75%+ completion rate today. had good ball placement and command of this offense.

He is getting better every week. I know I have been in his corner since the start of the season, but I just don't think you can put him on the bench right now. he not only led this team to a victory over one of the top defenses in the league and did it by putting up pretty good numbers.

I don't give two ***** about Wilson's 9x pro bowl selections. that was in the past we need to ride with Fields and see if he is the future. we need to see if we pay Fields big money or go after a QB in the draft next year. Wilson's age alone dictates he is not our future.

I think if Wilson started and played well all year we might have made a run at signing him long term. As for Fields I dont know how you can take him out at this point. Sucks for Wilson, but he is making 30+ million looking pretty on the sidelines.