• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Vs Falcons 2024 wk 1 Gameday Thread

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So 2024 starts today.

The likely talking points:
The Falcons come is as the hot pick to win their division.
They fired Arthur Smith last year, and have a new coach in Raheem Morris
They signed Kirk cousins in the offseason
They Drafted Penix Jr at 8 OA
They traded for Judon to boost their pass rush
They signed Simmons.
Their Oline is top 5 in the league

So 2024 starts today.

The likely talking points:
The Falcons come is as the hot pick to win their division.
They fired Arthur Smith last year, and have a new coach in Raheem Morris
They signed Kirk cousins in the offseason
They Drafted Penix Jr at 8 OA
They traded for Judon to boost their pass rush
They signed Simmons.
Their Oline is top 5 in the league
Cousins himself can lead them to wins. I thought Penix was a nice prospect. Some times a new coach needs time to adjust . We’ll see.

I think Wilson starts. Im much less confident if Fields plays. I like fields as a project, but he isnt ready for 4th quarter pressure yet... Chicago let him run in key points too nuch and he hasnt developed any sort of late game feel yet.

Im gonna be worried about our oline until about week 6

I think Wilson starts. Im much less confident if Fields plays. I like fields as a project, but he isnt ready for 4th quarter pressure yet... Chicago let him run in key points too nuch and he hasnt developed any sort of late game feel yet.

Im gonna be worried about our oline until about week 6
Fields is starting per multiple reports.

The worse outcome here is Fields wins it with his legs and Tomlin gets enamored with that style, which absolutely never wins a super bowl...

Fields best option was always sitting and refitting his mechanics and style ... throwing him out early probably isnt going to help

Seriously, why isnt whomever had wilson pushing a blocking sled fired yet?

Rudolph
Trubisky
Pickett
Wilson
Fields

Pick your starting QB. While Cleveland may still hold the title of where QB's go to die, Pittsburgh may challenge them for that distinction.

The worse outcome here is Fields wins it with his legs and Tomlin gets enamored with that style, which absolutely never wins a super bowl...

Fields best option was always sitting and refitting his mechanics and style ... throwing him out early probably isnt going to help

Seriously, why isnt whomever had wilson pushing a blocking sled fired yet?
The dumbest Steelers incident of the offseason by far. And I really dislike stupid.

Yep

Steelers inactives:
No. 3 QB Russell Wilson
No. 10 WR Roman Wilson
No. 34 S Jalen Elliott
No. 73 OG Isaac Seumalo
No. 94 Dean Lowry
Was a little surprised Dean was inactive.

On my way home from oakmont bakery.... That place is massive..... With fields starting need to keep it simple. Run the ball, use the rbs in the passing game and get the TEs the ball. Hopefully the defense can hold. ATL has Cousins, Pitts, and Robinson, but not much at WR. I don't think cousins played in the preseason so hopefully he will be very rusty.

All checked in to my Steeler bar. I’m ready and I’m positive thinking. I did hear that Fields was getting the start so if that’s the case, here’s your chance young man. Seize it!

Has it been decided if we'll be seeing PussyWillow Wilson or Justin Faileds?

Tomlin comes up with a brilliant game plan. Go 5 wide and Fields attempts 45 passes. That will fool them..

wow greg olsen looks rough.......needs a major hair cut or new wig

wow greg olsen looks rough.......needs a major hair cut or new wig
He took a major pay cut when Tommy took over his #1 broadcasting spot. Times are tough.

Based on a piece by Andrew Marchand of The New York Post back in February, Olsen will go from earning $10 million a year to $3 million a year. That's a 70-percent decrease in pay for the former tight end and Emmy Award-winning color commentator.