• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Vs Falcons 2024 wk 1 Gameday Thread

11 more. Minimum. Bank it.
That would be nice story but.... I will not bank on a 12 win season under Tomlin from here on out. Not saying it isn't possible. I am just doubtful. I do go into every game as we will win though. So as of now....17 and 0 for the regular season. Get it done Tomlin!!!!!

QB play wasn’t much better than Pickett. Feet better but passing barely better. Defense can’t keep this up all season. If Wilson is healthy better try him to see if he can get the passing game going because guys were open but either bad pass or just not seen.

Win is a win but this is not sustainable. We need more from the QB position.
Stop. Please.

Kenny would not have seen half the reads that Justin saw and completed today. Kenny is a one-read QB. Fact.

Those of us who watched the game saw a lot of potential w/ Fields, but it would be ignorant to think that Russell would perform on the same level seeing as we have only seen him for 4 plays, I think, on offense this year...I could be wrong about his play count but the fact is experience is "spades" in this hand...

UPDATE - Cleveland sucks. They're down 27-3 mid 3rd quarter...

Guess who'd be winning the AFCN if they lose???

Bueller???

Let’s be realistic about this game. I watched the entire game.

The defense played lights out. We have a few holes in the O line BUT it will get better.

Our center played pretty well as a rookie. Sure didn’t get man handled.

We really need a second receiver to take pressure off of Pickens.

Fields started a little shaky but settled down as the game went on. Real threat as a runner.

TJ Watt AND Chris Boswell are studs!

Stop. Please.

Kenny would not have seen half the reads that Justin saw and completed today. Kenny is a one-read QB. Fact.

Those of us who watched the game saw a lot of potential w/ Fields, but it would be ignorant to think that Russell would perform on the same level seeing as we have only seen him for 4 plays, I think, on offense this year...I could be wrong about his play count but the fact is experience is "spades" in this hand...
Even though the points weren't there, the offense felt a little better than the past two years. Fields offers more than Pickett but we do still need a lot more from the QB position to take that next step. Then again, QB play from around the league--even the top QBs--hasn't been very good throughout week 1.

Even though the points weren't there, the offense felt a little better than the past two years. Fields offers more than Pickett but we do still need a lot more from the QB position to take that next step. Then again, QB play from around the league--even the top QBs--hasn't been very good throughout week 1.
The play calling has to be there to let the QB excell. We have seen it for years now with the Steelers....

Anybody notice how Cam did? I saw him early in the game for a tackle or two but didn't see much afterward. We need a big season from Cam if we want to make a push for #7.

The play calling has to be there to let the QB excell. We have seen it for years now with the Steelers....
It was I thought. Fields just missed some open timing throws. If he can get those he could be the starter. I liked 90% of the called plays. The other 10% felt like Canada hijacked the headsets.

Watt is the BEST player in the game defensively. Extend the man now!!!!!!
Boz is the greatest scorer on the team
In just 6 plays behind center 18pts
Just think if he was behind center every play

60 plays
3 pts a play
180 pts (give or take) a game

Boz for QB!!!

Did I mention he punts too!!!!!!!

Cincy goes to KC next week....staring and 0-2. Joe looked awful today. He's not very good as a blonde.
Oh, Brady is boring. Romo and Collinsworth are indeed better

Yikes. Romo and Collinsworth SUCK. Aikman is good, Brady worked for me as he doesn't act like he knows everything (Romo). Also, did you see the interivew with Drew Bledsoe on Sunday countown? Wow! He said when Tom replaced him, he still asked questions. He then said when he was pulled at Halftime for Romo when he was with the Cowboys Romo immediatlely decided he knew all the answers and he said "Romo, if you see this, you know it's true." Went right after him !

Yes-at least it looked like an NFL offense, and that was with the alleged QB2 at the helm

Giant step forward from the crayon eater

I never said Savior. I think he is the better QB at this point. He is better suited to get us to the promised land. Not because he will carry us but because he will be more steady and likely to move us in a consistent manner. I agree Fields should play until Wilson is healthy. Maybe he starts to get it but this game showed he doesn’t grasp making reads in the pocket yet. I think you misunderstood my point. He also has championship experience.
I am all for who wins the practice week. That would be my go to for that week.

Stop. Please.

I saw the game. I saw easy throws missed. I saw open receivers missed. Fields is not the answer. Russ might not be either but he might be a decent bridge.

So here is the thing about fields, when the field shortened, they really didnt have him throwing down the field.. They still dont trust him. Wilson throws tds.. he is one of the best all time in TD passes.. he will take shots and not just always play for the fg

Yes-at least it looked like an NFL offense, and that was with the alleged QB2 at the helm

Giant step forward from the crayon eater
Its progressing... it can take years to fully purge a playbook of a former coach's plays.. some never leave the playbook, so we will see some Canada specials here and there,....but Smith seemed to pick a good allotment of plays active for this game. Most of my issues weren't bad play-calling... some questionable personnel usage, and overly conservative strategy.. but it was a first game with a new oc and backup new qb... overall I am ok with the direction they seemed to be going