• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Vs Falcons 2024 wk 1 Gameday Thread

I was impressed with Fields. He started horrible, but made some nice throws as the game went on and had good runs. Also the line did a great job and aside from a few bad play calls I liked the mixture

Meh....did Wilson actually win the number 1 role.....or was it just handed to him? Tomlin has roled with the hot hand in the past....

Wilson isn't our future...but Fields possibly could be. Make our future now. Why wait?
By all accounts he won it practice. He had command of the huddle and was confident. Used the whole field better and made better basic throws.

Not in my opinion. If Russ can go next week - I'm going w/ QB1. Justin definitely played at least as good as Rudy...
In a different way. Rudy is far better in the pocket but Justin is a better player moving with the ball.

My biggest ***** from this game was the refs.******* awful.

I would have left Boz kick the fieldgoal earlier as well.

Are they going to let Wilson pass into the endzone? This formula of being ultra, ultra, ultra conservative. How many years are we going to do this?

Mad props to the defense for progressively elevating higher as the game wore on.

1-0

Are they going to let Wilson pass into the endzone? This formula of being ultra, ultra, ultra conservative. How many years are we going to do this?

Mad props to the defense for progressively elevating higher as the game wore on.

1-0
Just seems like the same product. First team to 18 wins and it's supposed to take 3.5 quarters to get there every week.

Not in my opinion. If Russ can go next week - I'm going w/ QB1. Justin definitely played at least as good as Rudy...
Again...did Wilson actually earn the 1 spot ot was he handed it? In the past Tomlin has gone with the hot hand. Plus Wilson isn't our future...Fields possibly could be. Why not ride Fields and if he struggles then go to Wilson.

I'd be on the phone with Corliss Waitman, 3rd time's a charm.

By all accounts he won it practice. He had command of the huddle and was confident. Used the whole field better and made better basic throws.
I guess he did....the handful of snaps he took in camp and practice. We didn't see anything in actually game play.

1-0
The conservatism has more to do with Fields. Tomlin can say whatever he wants as far as next man up, but that game plan was tailored to Fields with almost no passes to the middle of the field.

I guess he did....the handful of snaps he took in camp and practice. We didn't see anything in actually game play.
He looked pretty good in his brief play in the final game. He is just a more complete player at this point. He can help Justin by playing and letting him absorb. Justin’s issue is confidence in his drop back and reads. He needs to work every practice on three steps and throw. Trust his plays and anticipate. Ohio State spoils guys with receivers always being open.

With how bad the officiating seems hard to have a take on game. To many times does not understanding play call. I give fields descent game not practicing with game plan till Thursday. Still cant get why we seem to be so conservative in this game on certain plays. Fields legs helped today so lets not crap on him for this game. He had a nice pass called back he had a first down called back so lets be gentle. Tomlin deserves some negative talk for standing up on some of the flags. Watts ending tackle was just like the flagged tackle and we are not to say a word.

I thought Fields had a good game and his upside is more than Wilson's. Personally I hope they stick with him knowing he's going to take some lumps but also will make up for it with his athleticism.
Looked about like KP but with athletic ability to run

That's been the theme for 4 years now.
True, but we have a new OC not hired from within. I'm thinking they kept it simple for Fields. If Wilson comes back and they do the same stuff then it will smell of Tomlin meddling with Smith's job.

The conservatism has more to do with Fields. Tomlin can say whatever he wants as far as next man up, but that game plan was tailored to Fields with almost no passes to the middle of the field.
The conservatism has more to do with Tomlin. Tomlin can say whatever he wants as far as next man up, but that game plan was tailored to Tomlin’s risk aversion with almost no passes to the middle of the field.

3rd year and counting and the middle of the field is STILL lava. Tomlin’s avoid the middle conservative philosophy aligns with Fields’ and Wilson’s style/skill sets.

I predict many more 1 score games

He looked pretty good in his brief play in the final game. He is just a more complete player at this point. He can help Justin by playing and letting him absorb. Justin’s issue is confidence in his drop back and reads. He needs to work every practice on three steps and throw. Trust his plays and anticipate. Ohio State spoils guys with receivers always being open.
I think Fields is well more polished than Pickett was and they road with Pickett. Let Wilson help coach him in practice and during the game. Again...Wilson isn't our future but Fields possibly could be. Ride the future now. Why wait? We won with Pickett. Fields is more athletic and polished. Fields was a TO machine. Kill the Bears. He already has grown in that area. Keep pounding it onto his head day in and day out. Let Wilson whisper into Fields ear.

True, but we have a new OC not hired from within. I'm thinking they kept it simple for Fields. If Wilson comes back and they do the same stuff then it will smell of Tomlin meddling with Smith's job.

Ok,so it's wait and see.

Looked about like KP but with athletic ability to run
I definitely like how he has the chance to make something out of nothing. It's still really early but I thought Fields had more zip on his passes and a better deep ball. That call on Pickens was BS and who knows what doors that would have opened if there was no call....That said they called it so it's just " what if" from that point forward