• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS the factory of sadness gameday thread.

Thank God for a hard running James Conner

No one except Browns knew the ball was live.

Either the Steelers coaches did not emphasize before the play that the ball had to fielded, or their players are dumb as rocks. Probably a combination of the two.
On a play that's not common, but similar to a punt, but different rules, has to be emphasized by the coach, it HAS to be!

Now if Switzer didn't field a kickoff and the Browns recovered it, then that's on the player, there's a million kickoffs every game

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Either the Steelers coaches did not emphasize before the play that the ball had to fielded, or their players are dumb as rocks. Probably a combination of the two.

I say coaching error......as usual.

Defense front 7 is getting pressure. Now if the secondary can stop racking up penalties like the jags secondary rack up bar tabs in a London nightclub

There were 3 players there. Not one took a single step towards the ball once it hit the ground. Not one.
They were blocking lol, they started back there but then after Switzer set up to receieve they had thier backs turned. After its already on the ground there was no one else near the ball except Browns players.

I coach highschool soccer, and I remind the kids all the time about the rules, it's almost second nature.

We always say that the most dangerous coach is one who knows the rules.

Hell, I was watching a high school game last season. The other team had a runner at first, 1 out. Catcher didn't catch strike 3. He got confused and threw down to first with the batter already being out by rule. The kid at first runs to second in essence stealing the base. The moron umpire sends the kid at 2nd back to first. No coach or player from the offensive team even questioned the obvious error.

Last edited:
Defense front 7 is getting pressure. Now if the secondary can stop racking up penalties like the jags secondary rack up bar tabs in a London nightclub
Agreed, the call on Haden was pure trash

Reactions: MTC
They were blocking lol, they started back there but then after Switzer set up to receieve they had thier backs turned. After its already on the ground there was no one else near the ball except Browns players.

If by blocking you mean standing around, then ok.

Lol. James needs $17 million a year!

I don't know how I feel about Hunter today. Ben has missed him a couple times, but he's put himself in position to make a couple big plays

More terrible officiating. Hunter was obviously interfered with. The dude pushed him with both hands inside the 5 so he had no chance to get to the ball in the end zone.

If Hunter keeps running that was a TD, but he was grabbed from behind.

I don't know how I feel about Hunter today. Ben has missed him a couple times, but he's put himself in position to make a couple big plays

Ben needs to get used to him. Hunter's getting open. They'll click