• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

Bullshit! Trump stood up for our flag, our great country and the men and women that fought for our freedom. He said nothing about race. The players, liberals and the liberal MSM made this into a race thing.

Did you and other libtards come out against the racist race baiting Obama when he used his podium to immediately cry racism with Trayvon and Michael Brown? And, did you/they say anything when Obama was proven wrong and did not apologize? Did you/they say anything when these two events were used as the platform to form BLM, which has proven to be mostly a hate group? Was that not infinitely more divisive and racist than Trump standing up for our flag and our country? Liberals and obviously you really do have things backwards.

This thread may need to be moved to that cesspool political forum. The groupthinkers are out in full force today.

Bullshit! Trump stood up for our flag, our great country and the men and women that fought for our freedom. He said nothing about race. The players, liberals and the liberal MSM made this into a race thing.

Did you and other libtards come out against the racist race baiting Obama when he used his podium to immediately cry racism with Trayvon and Michael Brown? And, did you/they say anything when Obama was proven wrong and did not apologize? Did you/they say anything when these two events were used as the platform to form BLM, which has proven to be mostly a hate group? Was that not infinitely more divisive and racist than Trump standing up for our flag and our country? Liberals and obviously you really do have things backwards.
You are stupid. This isnt about race. This is about Trump saying that anyone at an NFL game that doesnt stand for the anthem is a son of a ***** who should be fired and that the fans should walk out in protest. He stuck his nose into capital business. Peaceful protest is a hallmark of the freedom your flag or mine stands for. You may not like what your countrymen say but fghht to the death to defend that right.

Hit them where it hurts EVERYONE! Quit watching, quit buying, quit handing them your hard earned cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Please go and take the rest of the mouth breathers with you. I don't know why you keep coming back because the Steelers don't roll with any of this bullshit.

Yeah, and where is Kaep now? Who brought this whole thing up this weekend calling NFL players sons of *******? Really, the level of delusion with some of you is through the roof.

Without a job right where he needs to be. Actions have consequences. The NFL will also learn that lesson, and they wonder why attendance and rating are at a all time low. I didn't like the SOB statement one bit. Did not help the situation but I agree with most of what he said. And kudos to Tomlin to not let the Steeler's get caught up in this ****. Football players should play football on game day. Use the other 6 days in the week to help issues you feel strongly about. Politics doesn't belong in the workplace. Any workplace !

Unlike the jackasses on this board, OUR TEAM STOOD AS ONE. In the Army, we did this. ONE TEAM, ONE FIGHT.

Congrats to Tomlin for getting the team to stand as a unit. A house divided cannot stand, and we don't need that drama on our Run For Seven.

All you divisive backstabbers who claim to be patriotic but hate half the country could learn a lesson from the Rooney's and Coach T.

"We're chasing something here in 2017."

Got tail?

Weird. Tomlin seemed to just try to steer it back to football and take the political angle out. As some already stated.....just perfect interview by Tomlin. Keep this about football. You know his and his players job.

Reactions: MTC
Unlike the jackasses on this board, OUR TEAM STOOD AS ONE. In the Army, we did this. ONE TEAM, ONE FIGHT.

Congrats to Tomlin for getting the team to stand as a unit. A house divided cannot stand, and we don't need that drama on our Run For Seven.

All you divisive backstabbers who claim to be patriotic but hate half the country could learn a lesson from the Rooney's and Coach T.

Perfectly said. Thank you.

Did you watch Tomlin's statement.

yeah yeah - team unity, i get that - I suppose it's better than having some kneel and others not and all that

whatever, teams never used to come out for the singing at all till recently - keep them in all the time then - I don't really care as long as we win

Interesting thing about these "strong" statements being made here concerning the players who kneel showing disrespect to those of us who actually have SERVED this country is that those who are calling it disrespect don't seem to have that "VETERAN" flag on their profiles. Those who do have the flag seem to not view it as disrespect, but rather citizens of the great country we offered our service to exercising their Constitutional Right to free speech. I'm just wondering how those of you who did not serve can consider yourselves as sticking up for us veterans, when, given the chance to serve (as all are) you declined.

Last edited:
I think as many of us as possible should gather up ALL of our Steeler things-(this will be a way to measure monetarily our deviation and their loss if we stop being fans- after all it is a business and they need to see the loss) And pick a date and time and all show up to Heinz field and dump it at the gate and let them know we will not support this practice

I think as many of us as possible should gather up ALL of our Steeler things-(this will be a way to measure monetarily our deviation and their loss if we stop being fans- after all it is a business and they need to see the loss) And pick a date and time and all show up to Heinz field and dump it at the gate and let them know we will not support this practice

Yeeaaah maaann! Lets do it! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

When will we stop idolizing entertainers and athletes and allowing them to use their jobs as platforms. If that is what they want to do they can get a low paying social service job and do it there

I am not a Tomlin fan, but I have no issues with this. I think the anthem protests are ridiculous, but it is a right we have as Americans. All these people protesting could be helping in much better and productive ways. All they do by protesting the anthem is create more diversity.

if trump knows how to do anything its run a football league. those usfl games were great this year

Wow. Just wow people. Coach Tomlin doesn't agree with you, as a black coach. Coach Cowher doesn't stand with you, as our former white coach. You want to say it's about a flag? It's not. It's about human rights.

Tomlin has shown time and time again, that he is all class. This is the most politically charged we've been in this country since the 70s, and he handled this situation with class and with unifying speech. Not divisive speech that should never come from the commander in chief.

If this is the issue why you won't watch the Steelers, you are not a Steeler fan. I won't miss you. On this issue, I will take my team over my president, and I won't think twice about it.

When will we stop idolizing entertainers and athletes and allowing them to use their jobs as platforms. If that is what they want to do they can get a low paying social service job and do it there

That will happen right around the time we STOP LISTENING TO THE BOMBASTIC LOUDMOUTHS ON THE RADIO. TO HELL WITH THEM.

In short, it will happen right around the time hell freezes over.

Tomlin and the Steelers are handling this in the best way possible. Keeping out of it and focusing on football

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

As a US Veteran, I believe these players have a right to their opinion and can do as they please, it does not effect me in any way. That being said, I also have the right to do as I please also. I feel very strongly that there are just some times that you do not turn a moment into a personal political/religious stand. A funeral, wedding and when the National Anthem is being played is not the time or place for it.

I will, for the first time in my life, turn off the game that the Steelers are playing in. There have been many times over the years where I could not watch for one reason or the other, but I have NEVER turned off a game intentionally. This will be a first, and by the looks of things, may not be the last.

Again, I respect these players right to protest in the manner they choose, I just believe it is extremely disrespectful time to do it. I would feel differently if it were being done by conscripted slaves being used as cannon fodder while being the denied the rights that are afforded to those they are being enslaved by.

These players are the height of hypocrisy, they enjoy privileged lifestyles afforded by this country, while protesting against that which allows them the lifestyle they enjoy. I would respect them much more if they just decided to walk away from the game in protest, maybe even the country they seem to hate.